• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goldeneye Rogue Agent preview at IGN Xbox.

I'm a fan of the Bond movies, so yeah I'm looking forward to it. I hope they have little inneuendo from all the various Bond movies.

Besides, it's always cool to play as Bond, there isn't any other character like him.

Mrbob

soundwave05 said:
I'm a fan of the Bond movies, so yeah I'm looking forward to it. I hope they have little inneuendo from all the various Bond movies.

Besides, it's always cool to play as Bond, there isn't any other character like him.

Oh boy you are in for a surprise.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
soundwave05 said:
Meaning what exactly? I haven't really kept close tabs on this project.

Bond isn't the main character.

Ah yes, I forgot you don't play as Bond. Still interested though. I like that they included characters from the older movies. Game sounds solid.

I hope one day they make a game where each movie from the Bond franchise has a level or two devoted to it and you can play as the different Bonds (Connery, Dalton, Lazenby, Pierce, Moore).

EA seems to be willing to pay seperate actors to appear in these games anyway.

AirBrian

You'll carry no more than two weapons at a time plus grenades. You can also dual wield weapons. Though when you're dual wielding, you cannot throw projectiles. You can use humans as shields, and when you've extinguished their use, you can hurl them into other enemies, off balconies, or into burning cauldrons of molten lead. All of the mechanics are geared for intense muscular play.
The various types of enemy AI are programmed to behave based on pressure, aggression, and composure. They react to your levels of aggression, they use deathtraps, and they'll hide behind cover, waiting for the perfect chance to attack. They constantly swarm around you, using the environment, sniping, and aggressively trying to bring you down. The net result of this constant force is that the player is pressured to move, strafe, and stay in motion, never giving your enemy enough time to get a good angle. In short, some guys will hide, while others will attack, but they're react to your behavior accordingly and use the environment to their advantage while swarming you if they get the chance.
The Aquarium, or a level that looks just like an aquarium, was also memorable. If you fell into the water, a giant white shark instantly shreds you into chum. Then there is Scaramanga's Funhouse, which contains a spiked pit, a hall of mirrors, and Al Capone's alley, which can be set up to gun you down as its own special deathtrap.
Sounds very promising.

COCKLES

being watched
I've heard the same spiel for every time of AI ever made for a game. What they always seem to amount to is attack and get mowed down. Only exception I've seen is Halo on Legendary and the original clean-up team AI in Half Life.

Solid

Seriously, why take this when Half-Life 2, Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2 and Killzone is released the same month.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm half interested. Enough that I would consider snagging it on the cheap a few months from now, assuming it earns critical acclaim. Same goes for that LotR RPG EA has cooking.

Solid

Brandon F said:
I'm half interested. Enough that I would consider snagging it on the cheap a few months from now, assuming it earns critical acclaim. Same goes for that LotR RPG EA has cooking.
When cheap I might get it too. But not for full-price :p

Top Bottom