• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good Interview with Retro Studios - Metroid Prime:Echoes

Deg

Banned
AniHawk said:
I was playing multiplayer at E3 and this guy started giving me tips on the game. After one round, I asked if he wanted to play. He said he was just watching since he was the producer of the game and was just watching people's reactions. It was Bryan Walker, and we talked a bit on Metroid Prime and Echoes. I admitted I didn't really like the first game (one he apparently didn't work on according to the credits), but the multiplayer was pretty fun for me. He told me that there'd be more to the multiplayer than shown at E3. More powerups and uses for Samus's abilities (stuff we've already found out by now like scanning = no morph ball for other players).

Then he told me that some of the tips he told me while I was playing multi might not be told to the player directly. Meaning that there wont be a tutorial mode some special moves may not be in the manual so players can discover secret moves on their own.

Told you it wouldn't knock your socks off. But I did tell everyone this at E3 so... :mad:

Thanks quite cool. We're sorry for missing you saying it earlier.

Karl Dekkard is the guy from Valve that works at Retro. According to my friend that works at Retro, Echoes is the last GC game Retro has in the works.

SantaC

Duckhuntdog said:
Karl Dekkard is the guy from Valve that works at Retro. According to my friend that works at Retro, Echoes is the last GC game Retro has in the works.

Good move by nintendo if true. A launch game for Revolution by Retro would be nice.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Duckhuntdog said:
:(

Deg

Banned
Duckhuntdog said:

yeah expected i guess. with Revolution it will be interesting to see what they do because they should hopefully be quite focused unlike with GC.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
echos\ds connectivity would be nice. id like to use that touch screen mouselook to play multiplayer.

AniHawk

JJConrad said:
Anihawk,

What were those tips?

I kinda didn't hear him at E3. It had to do something with pressing B, but that's all I remember. I said, "what?" twice (I have poor hearing) and didn't want to ask him again and piss the guy off.

Top Bottom