• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOP Blocks Probe of Trump's Putin Ties, Continues Clinton Investigations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I was about to say that there has to be at least some old timey goppers incredibly angry at this mess (I mean, it's fucking Russia), but maybe they are not that angry after all given the aparent lack of opposition.

Still, I expect some long knives if Trump's campaign gets crushed. There should be a reckoning.

I was about to say that there has to be at least some old timey goppers incredibly angry at this mess, but maybe they are not that angry after all given the aparent lack of opposition.

Still, I expect some long knives if Trump's campaign gets crushed. There should be a reckoning.

They exist, but the problem is that the only ones willing to speak out are the ones that don't have anything to lose from not towing the line.

Jeffrey

I mean what did you expect them to do at this stage?

Either way the Democrats can spin this as GOP covering for Trump's russian ties and what not.

Xe4

Banned
Yeah, sounds like the GOP. Bunch of slimy fucks for supporting the Manchurian candidate that is Trump.

Do Better

why would they? Emails and benghazi is about all the ammo they have that people care about atm against clinton.

These people's jobs are to run the government, not to run a thinly veiled campaign for Trump. Give their support? Ok, sure, go ahead. But more investigations of Clinton's email usage, they don't have anything better to do?

oti

Banned
This system is so flawed like holy shit. You can lock down the entire nation if you want to, you can refuse to listen to a Supreme Court judge candidate, you can block an investigation into a POTUS candidate's shady connections.

Are all political systems as flawed but the parties just aren't as rotten as the GOP to use those loop holes or what is going on over there?

These people's jobs are to run the government, not to a run thinly veiled campaign for Trump. Give their support? Ok, sure, go ahead. But more investigations of Clinton's email usage, they don't have anything better to do?

I mean the guy who was supposed to replace Boehner basically tanked that when he flat out admitted the Benghazi thing was meant to ruin Clinton's chances in the election.

Joni

The legislative branch should not be allowed to interfere with the judicial branch. The Clinton thing is a complete mockery.

jelly

So is the Senate 'GOP' ? and has it ever been so worthless as it has been since Obama took office ?

How can you run a country like that, it must have worked before...or is this one of those written in blood American systems you dare not change for the better or you're some enemy of the state?

Wilsongt

GOP gonna ride whatever sinew and bone fragments are left ot the email, Benghazi, and Clinton foundation horse all the way to 2020 and beyond.

Bleepey

Wait what? So you can open carry into university lectures but it's too dangerous for their own party conferences...? What a bunch of cunts. America needs to sort out these backwards ass fuckers and all the idiots that vote for them. Time to progress past these bastards.

Yeah it makes no sense. Someone wrote a satirical petition arguing the fact the GOP or NRA conference were gun free, he felt unsafe. A lot of ammosexuals saw the petition as a way to get their address instead of show their hypocrisy. They are too far gone

FStubbs

This system is so flawed like holy shit. You can lock down the entire nation if you want to, you can refuse to listen to a Supreme Court judge candidate, you can block an investigation into a POTUS candidate's shady connections.

Are all political systems as flawed but the parties just aren't as rotten as the GOP to use those loop holes or what is going on over there?

Southern racists (the core of the GOP) have always been that way. They just control the GOP now so this is what you get.

Never forget Strom Thurmond's 24+ hour filibuster of the Civill Rights Act.

Sulik2

Treasonous behaviour and half the country loves it. We are watching history. This is how a country tears itself apart from the inside out with corruption.

They'd let this country burn to the ground if they could govern it's ashes.

They don't care about the American people at all. Fucking scumbag, shitshow of a party, and anyone who supports them is worse.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Witch hunts just increase her support level since they're so transparently partisan.

BajiBoxer

Banned
So is the Senate 'GOP' ? and has it ever been so worthless as it has been since Obama took office ?

How can you run a country like that, it must have worked before...or is this one of those written in blood American systems you dare not change for the better or you're some enemy of the state?

Well, since we elected our first black president, the GOP members of congress have been obstructionist at a level not seen in our lifetimes. It mostly worked before, though the division has been steadily increasing since the Civil Rights Act, when the most racist Democrats decided to switch parties.

DavidDesu

They'd let this country burn to the ground if they could govern it's ashes.

They don't care about the American people at all. Fucking scumbag, shitshow of a party, and anyone who supports them is worse.

Not to be funny but capitalism doesn't really care about people, certainly not in its modern zealous form spearheaded by America, so what did you expect from the nation that birthed modern capitalism and its leaders? Everyone goes on about personal responsibility, looking after number one and your own before others is Republicans motto it seems, very little about truly looking after others. This is where it leads.

aaaaa0

Just for clarification, in case any non-Americans out there are confused:

GOP = "Grand Old Party", another name for the Republican Party.

The Republicans currently have enough seats to control the Senate, which is why everyone is referring to Senate 'GOP'.

I'll be honest

I wish Democrats had this kind of 'Tow the line'. When they tried throwing Obama down the bus in 2012, it was baaaad.

royalan

I think it's time that we as a country face it:

There's nothing wrong with having a conservative party. The equilibrium of our country's politics depends on having a strong, major conservative party.

But that party is not the Republican Party. The Republican Party is irredeemable, and actively harmful to the functioning of our government.

I'm starting to wonder how possible it is for us to truly move forward until that party faces a reckoning.

RaidenZR

As of May of this year, the FBI has spent over 20 million dollars on investigating her emails. So how about NO. I am sooo NOT okay with paying for yet ANOTHER fucking parade of this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom