• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOP Convention entertainer: Gays trying to kill our children, homosexuality is a curs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
"I’m not in the mood to play with those who are trying to kill our children." - Donnie McClurkin, GOP Convention entertainer speaking about gays.
I hope he has ten children and all of them EXTREMELY FLAMING GAY.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
750,000 - 1,000,000 gay Americans voted for GWB in 2000. Something tells me that number is going to be a lot smaller in 2004.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
My frothing distaste for Christianity increases*

*and yes, I know it's not all Christians, but damn, the religion sure produces a lot of people with a lot of hate towards certain minority groups.

IJoel

You have to wonder how can there be people that support these kind of animals.

Very disgusting. Such ignorance, hatred and stupidity goes beyond what's even pitable.

Dan said:

*and yes, I know it's not all Christians, but damn, the religion sure produces a lot of people with a lot of hate towards certain minority groups.

It's actually religious people in general that tend to be adverse to additional gay rights. The Muslim community is one example of this.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Bruno needs to interview this guy stat.

(Ali G's Austrian Gay character)

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Certainly Christianity isn't the only religion that does this. I'd say the Muslim hate extremist groups make the Christian ones look like girl scouts.

Che

Banned
I wanna grab these kind of people and start hitting their head on the wall till the wall is destroyed. They don't deserve my hate but they got it.

Che

Banned
Cooter said:
Certainly Christianity isn't the only religion that does this. I'd say the Muslim hate extremist groups make the Christian ones look like girl scouts.

So you suggest to dislike them all? Cos I'm certainly not gonna like these assholes. This is another reason in my long list btw that I despise most religions (and especially three particular ones which look so alike that if they didn't hate each other I could say they're the same religion).

Haha. The best part of this blog is the entry right underneath. Abject hypocrisy shown in bold.

"Yes, ClearChannel radio is promoting a Straight Pride parade in the wonderfully tolerant south. Isn't that cute? Wonder how they feel about White Pride? Perhaps it's time to file an FCC complaint against this station."

Quick, spot the real intolerance.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Cooter said:
Well, sure. I'm not exactly a fan of religion period, but given that I live in America, it's largely Christianity that I have to deal with.

Che

Banned
Donnie McClurkin, one of the just-announced entertainers to be performing at the GOP Convention in NYC, thinks homosexuality is a "curse,"

It's nature's choice to become homosexual you fucking fuck. If it was a curse then why your God decided that homosexuals could be born? This can't be a mistake since God doesn't do mistakes. Or are gays the work of the "Devil"? Oh I'd love to have an argument with that braindead retard.

that being gay is a choice, that it can be cured

DAMNIT HE CAN'T BE SUCH AN UNEDUCATED STUPID REDNECK!!!!!!!!

Cooter

Something has been bothering me lately.

Before I begin I want to state that in no way do I agree or condone what this man has to say about gays.

I've noticed that many people on this forum and on the left specifically have a deep hatred for anti-gay Christian people. In my opinion this hate is stronger than that of many extreme Muslim groups who advocate completely covering all females except their eyes and killing them for having an affair. These people share just as strong if not stronger opposition to homosexuals and their lifestyle as their Christian extremists counterparts. They also advocate killing all non-Muslims and yet I don't feel the strong hate towards these extremists as I do Christian ones.

I'm not quite sure why this is but the only thing I can come up with is a particular resentment directed not at all religion but specifically at Christianity.

It seems that comments like these below tend to come up quite regularly in Christian threads.

I wanna grab these kind of people and start hitting their head on the wall till the wall is destroyed. They don't deserve my hate but they got it.

You have to wonder how can there be people that support these kind of animals.

Very disgusting. Such ignorance, hatred and stupidity goes beyond what's even pitable.

You don't tend to see this anger in threads about Muslims extremists. Typically in such threads the emphasis is concentrated on discovering what drove these people to their hatred and how it can be fixed.

All I’m asking is, why the double standard? If you’re going to get so worked up over Christian extremists why not share that anger for all the wackos out there.

Cooter said:
All I’m asking is, why the double standard? If you’re going to get so worked up over Christian extremists why not share that anger for all the wackos out there.

Like Dan said, it's who we have to deal with in the media and in our daily lives. They have considerable influence over how our country is run. We don't meet too many wide-eyed Islamic fundamentalists at school or in government.

OmniGamer

Cooter said:
Something has been bothering me lately.

Before I begin I want to state that in no way do I agree or condone what this man has to say about gays.

I've noticed that many people on this forum and on the left specifically have a deep hatred for anti-gay Christian people. In my opinion this hate is stronger than that of many extreme Muslim groups who advocate completely covering all females except their eyes and killing them for having an affair. These people share just as strong if not stronger opposition to homosexuals and their lifestyle as their Christian extremists counterparts. They also advocate killing all non-Muslims and yet I don't feel the strong hate towards these extremists as I do Christian ones.

I'm not quite sure why this is but the only thing I can come up with is a particular resentment directed not at all religion but specifically at Christianity.

It seems that comments like these below tend to come up quite regularly in Christian threads.

You don't tend to see this anger in threads about Muslims extremists. Typically in such threads the emphasis is concentrated on discovering what drove these people to their hatred and how it can be fixed.

Well, sure. I'm not exactly a fan of religion period, but given that I live in America, it's largely Christianity that I have to deal with.

That was easy.

Cooter

Like Dan said, it's who we have to deal with in the media and in our daily lives. We don't meet too many wide-eyed Islamic fundamentalists at school.

What does that have to do with anything? The fact that you don't meet many Muslim extremists (and I'd question how many "Christian fundamentalists" you actually meet at school) doesn't mean they don't exist and are far worse than the Christian ones you hate so. Hence, because you haven't met them means you can't disapprove and hate them equally?

Che

Banned
Cooter said:

Well the answer is pretty simple actually. Muslim extremists are killing people and they hate for a reason (of course that doesn't explain their actions). As far as I'm concerned they're not better or worse than the American goverment who started all this.

On the other hand when I hear a disgusting pig saying the most disgusting things about a group of people that have done nothing to him and were born gay like you and me were born men is utterly enfuriating. And the most enfuriating of all is his infinite ignorance and stupidity. Homosexuality can be cured? Homosexuality is a choice? Go read a book you freaking redneck before you claim to be a representative of God.

Ill Saint

Uh, it's not like there are any Muslim extremists in the US Government, right? The US is a nation under God, is it not? a Christian God. Therefore I don't understand how Muslims come into the equation at all.

Cooter

Well the answer is pretty simple actually. Muslim extremists are killing people and they hate for a reason (of course that doesn't explain their actions). As far as I'm concerned they're not better or worse than the American goverment who started all this.

Thanks for playing.

Cooter said:
What does that have to do with anything? The fact that you don't meet many Muslim extremists (and I'd question how many "Christian fundamentalists" you actually meet at school) doesn't mean they don't exist and are far worse than the Christian ones you hate so. Hence, because you haven't met them means you can't disapprove and hate them equally?

Uh... the Christian fundamentalists have considerably more weight in the political arena than do the Muslim fundamentalists. Just check out the Bush administration for reference. Or look on the news. How often do you see imams on television condemning homosexuality? Muslim extremist aren't on television all the time or control 1/3 of the vote and the government .

Furthermore, I never said ANYTHING about "hat[ing]" anyone. I'm simply trying to explain how people can be angry at Christian fundamentalists.

edit: eh beaten by ill saint and che

Triumph

Banned
Nice timin', Cooter and Kobunheat. Less than 20 replies in and you guys are both trying to sidetrack the issue.

The issue is not the Clearchannel or Muslim anti-gay sentiments. It's this idiot here, McClurkin, who made the statements. Please take your attempts to derail the central discussion and create your own thread.

Cooter

Uh... the Christian fundamentalists have considerably more weight in the political arena than do the Muslim fundamentalists. Just check out the Bush administration for reference. Or look on the news. How often do you see imams on television condemning homosexuality? Muslim extremist aren't on television all the time or control 1/3 of the vote and the government .

Furthermore, I never said ANYTHING about "hat[ing]" anyone. I'm simply trying to explain how people can be angry at Christian fundamentalists.

That's not the point I was addressing. My thesis is this: Muslim extremists are far more radical and dangerous to mankind than a contingent of Christians that believe homosexuals are influenced by the devil. Why are these religious extremists not hated equally or more than their Christian counterparts?

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Che said:

On the other hand when I hear a disgusting pig saying the most disgusting things about a group of people that have done nothing to him and were born gay like you and me were born men is utterly enfuriating. And the most enfuriating of all is his infinite ignorance and stupidity. Homosexuality can be cured? Homosexuality is a choice? Go read a book you freaking redneck before you claim to be a representative of God.

Well, I was going to argue Cooter's point, and put forward some rational explanations for why things might appear that way (such as the fact that it's more likely your average GAFer has met a Christian extremist than a Muslim extremist and has a better grasp on their beliefs) but you seem to be set on proving his point, or at least showing that in some cases people can hold these bizarre double standards. "Yeah, sure. Extremist Muslims kill people, but that's no worse than the US government. BUT THIS MAN SAID SOME NASTY THINGS ABOUT GAY PEOPLE! BURN, JESUS, BURN!"

Note for the hard of thinking and those who like straw men: I'm not advocating killing people or saying nasty things about gay people. Given the choice of seeing people killing others (gay or straight) or seeing them say bad things about them, I'm all in favour of a little verbal abuse.

Ill Saint

It's a bit mindboggling how a topic about a conservative American entertainer at a GOP convention, somehow gets turned into a "WHAT ABOUT THE CRAZY MUSLIMS!?" argument.

It's not logical.

Cooter

Nice timin', Cooter and Kobunheat. Less than 20 replies in and you guys are both trying to sidetrack the issue.

The issue is not the Clearchannel or Muslim anti-gay sentiments. It's this idiot here, McClurkin, who made the statements. Please take your attempts to derail the central discussion and create your own thread

I agree he is an idiot. I think everyone can agree on this. My issue was based off my observations to people in this thread.

Che

Banned
Cooter said:
That's not the point I was addressing. My thesis is this: Muslim extremists are far more radical and dangerous to mankind than a contingent of Christians that believe homosexuals are influenced by the devil. Why are these religious extremists not hated equally or more than their Christian counterparts?

You're soooooo out of arguments that you keep desperatelly trying to change the subject. Or you're afraid to support the asshole cos the rest of the sane people are gonna bash you hard. Stick to the point.

Triumph

Banned
Cooter said:
That's great. You should take that thesis and START YOUR OWN THREAD ABOUT IT, genius. This thread is for discussing the wonderful "Party of Inclusion" Entertainer Donnie McClurkin's idiotic statements and how they reflect poorly on said "Party of Inclusion". Which we KNOW you can't stand, so you go and try to change what the conversation is about. Right?

Cooter

This thread was going nowhere. Everyone agreed this guy was wrong and that the GOP made a terrible mistake making him a speaker. I'm leaving now so now you can bash the GOP and their hate mongering.

Later.

p.s. For the record, the point I was trying to make in this thread was already made inadvertently.

Ok later………

Kobun Heat said:
Holy shit, they found the gay gene?

Behaviour is probably controlled by several genes, not just one. There are many genes that still have yet to be found, and the ones that have been found are more basic to life.

BTW, homosexuality was removed from the DSM in 1973 and many psychiatrists today consider homosexuality to be practically normal.

Dilbert

Cooter, one of the fundamental problems is that according to Christianity, judgment is supposed to be in God's baliwick, not ours. Further, we are ALL made in God's image, right? (That would include gay people, by the way.) So, I would submit that an alleged Christian who has a strong hatred of gay people is probably not following some basic tenets of their faith.

Second, fundamentalist Christians are capable of being every bit as despicable as extremists from other creeds. Somehow, I don't think God is in favor of killing abortion doctors. (Then again, the big guy DID destroy everyone on the Earth, save one boat, so who knows what kind of vengeful freak we're dealing with here?)

As said by others, the main reason that Christians get mentioned a lot is that they are the dominant religious force in America, and a lot of posters on this board are American. Quite frankly, I seriously doubt that Che's hyperbole represents MOST people who resent the Christian influence on our political process.

G4life98

Cooter said:

because in america atleast their christian counterparts with their polical power have a greater ability to damage this country to its core with their extremist views.

and it is mind-boggling that the gop would have such a radical moron perform.

I don't know, is there really an issue to be discussed?

1) Extreme fundamentalist Christian is outspoken about his disdain for the "homosexual agenda" and desire to "cure" gays.
2) The liberal response to this comes mostly in the form of seething hate.

Just another day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Won't you be mine?

Ill Saint

1) Extreme fundamentalist Christian is outspoken about his disdain for the "homosexual agenda" and desire to "cure" gays.

Just another day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Won't you be mine?
Well, you can nutshell just about every piece of "news" that gets posted here in the same way... so, what is your point?

Che

Banned
Kobun Heat said:

Liberal response? You're underestimating conservatives now, cos if only liberals bash this "human" what do conservatives do? Support him? Agree with some of his opinions? Stay in the corner silently? I hope it's not just the liberals bashing "it".

Drexon

Banned
I lol every time I read homosexuality can be cured. It's not a freaking decease for chr.. go... hea... forrrr..... whatevers sake?

Che said:
Liberal response? You're underestimating conservatives now, cos if only liberals bash this "human" what do conservatives do? Support him? Agree with some of his opinions? Stay in the corner silently? I hope it's not just the liberals bashing "it".
A wide range of reactions, depending on where the person's opinions lie - but rarely if ever approaching boiling, unthinking hatred.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Got to save that boiling hatred for people who deserve it, like the scum who exaggerate their military record in Vietnam.

Che

Banned
Kobun Heat said:
A wide range of reactions, depending on where the person's opinions lie - but rarely if ever approaching boiling, unthinking hatred.

Unthinking hatred? This person says that homosexuality "is caused by men raping small children" for god's sake! What's not to hate about that? Well at least I'm not the one trying to silently defend him by changing the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom