• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got $250 Bucks? A World of Warcraft Closed Beta Account Could Be Yours!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Sometimes I wish I could have actually been suprised at this but those days are long gone.

This isn't just for a beta account since the player also includes his character along with the CD Key instead of merely deleting it (or can you not?).

Kalren

So is it like gmail accounts? People in game get to give account to friends?

or do you have "Other" sources?

I guess either way I'd sign up.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I've been wondering if there is an "invite your friends" option...

Wish I knew someone in Beta so I could ask :D

Takuan

B E N K E said:
Hmm... and what if Blizzard decides the beta test is over in a couple of days?

Not happening... the game is not going to be released in November, either. There's still a lot of tweaking to be done and things to be added. It'll be out in '05.

B E N K E said:
Hmm... and what if Blizzard decides the beta test is over in a couple of days?

Are you aware of Blizzard's game release track record? :)

Seriously though, the game seems very far from complete. The Asheron's Call beta I was playing for months on end was more complete and bug-free than this, so I expect that it'll take longer than two months for everything to be fixed.

Although, the beta DOES have the best NPC name ever...

thecaptain.jpg

AeroGod

Takuan said:
Not happening... the game is not going to be released in November, either. There's still a lot of tweaking to be done and things to be added. It'll be out in '05.

They already said it would be out this year and 99% of the people in the stress test love it and think there is enough to release it NOW. In 2 month it can be only better. This game will definatly make it out this year, they've even said it. Probably December, possibly November.

AeroGod said:
They already said it would be out this year and 99% of the people in the stress test love it and think there is enough to release it NOW. In 2 month it can be only better. This game will definatly make it out this year, they've even said it. Probably December, possibly November.

99% of fans for the game are also rabid fanboys. There are a LOT of obvious bugs in the game (two off the top of my head are that mobs COMMONLY get stuck in walls and are impossible to attack, and the throwing animation bug) and it would not be ready to release NOW. Within the end of the year is still possible though, but doesn't look likely to me. Other than the bugs though, the game itself is great, and will probably cause me to drop FFXI (which I'd hate to do... so many good times in that game :( ).

Here's hoping for a very, very, very, VERY long open beta period :).

Top Bottom