• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got a Radeon 9800 Pro, want to see some nice GFX

suikodan

I remember someone posting about a Real-Time demo for ATI cards where you were seeing a women in red (I guess). It's not very old.

Any real-time demos URLs for me please?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Sorry, but your name is too close to mine, try again later ;)

shibbs

suikodan said:
I remember someone posting about a Real-Time demo for ATI cards where you were seeing a women in red (I guess). It's not very old.

Any real-time demos URLs for me please?

Did it come with a Half life 2 coupon?

tenchir said:
Any Radeon 9500/9700/9800 demos will work on Radeon 9600 including x800 demoes if you replace the shaders.

Any way to get some of those 9xxx screensavers to run on an old 8500le?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I have a bunch on my machine, and there are a bunch of links in the OT forum if you do a search. Look up Zeitgeistmachina or whatever it's called.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
nVidia gets a skimply clad, breasty pixy and we get...a chimp. Thanks ATI.

teiresias

My favorite demo is "The Popular Demo" it's like 025 or something like that in some series. Do a goodle search and you'll find it, not hugely impressive technically, but really cool to look at. No shaders or anything I don't think, just really nice looking and clean when you pump up the res and use anti-aliasing.

[EDIT]: Here's a link

I've seen alot of the other ones they've made, but that one is my favorite.

DaCocoBrova

rthdribl_1_2
^^^
20.jpg

Some more sh!t... *click*

Raw_PartyVersion

Zeitmaschine

Dreamchild

DaCocoBrova

Funny how Doom 3 looks as good (if not better) as the 3dMark2003 FPS sequence, but runs at a much faster clip...

I didn't think we'd be playing anything like that this soon.

Where do I place the opengl32.dll in order to get the fairy to work?

Jumpman

I downloaded the Nvidia Dawn demo, but I think something is wrong with it. When I installed it, everything seemed to be going smoothly. The promblem is, that there is only a single icon from the download. No folders or anything. When I click on the program to run, it just asks me if I want to delete the whole thing from my computer. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

DaCocoBrova, I think this page says where to drop it.

DaCocoBrova

The .exe is in the bin folder...

Thanks for the link btw.

Jumpman

How do I access the bin folder? All I see is an icon that intalls/uninstalls the demo, I don't see any folders at all. ( Please forgive my newbieness, I really am clueless as to how to make this work.)

DaCocoBrova

root:\program files\Nvidia Corporation\Nvidia Demos\

I'm at work, so that's off the top of my head, but that should be right. You'll find all the folders in there.

Jumpman

Thanks for the help. I didn't know what the root prompt meant, but its extensions gave me some good ideas to run through the windows search function. After that it didn't take long to locate the files, and I had the demo up and running in no time. I'm not sure why the files were buried so deep. Usually when I download something, all the files are right there, but this was an exception. It's a nice demo, though I wish there was a way to move the camera directly up and down the y-axis.

About the root:\, is that a Unix thing, or is that just one more thing that I don't know about Windows XP? I did a quick Google search and the results seemed to reference Unix.

Anyways, thanks again for the help.

DaCocoBrova

Root = install directory. That's the drive letter that will have Documents and Setting, Program files etc. Generally C:.

I don't put my program files in my install directory, but installshield will default to C:.

Jumpman

I appreciate the explanantion, I'm very computer literate, but there is still a lot of stuff that I need to learn. I've been around computers all my life, but never paid much attention to the details until I bought my own PC last September.

Top Bottom