• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got my ticket to Curiosa Festival (Muse, Cooper Temple Clause & Melissa Auf Der Maur)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Can't say I care much for the main stage (The Cure, Mogwai, Rapture) at all. I'm all about the second stage, it's got my 4th favorite band of all time (Muse), one of my current favorites (Cooper Temple) and my bride to be (Melissa Auf Der Maur). It's incredible. I love all three acts and am going to see them all in one day! Could a concert get much better for someone like me? Not unless Metallica, Foo Fighters, The Darkness and System of a Down played back to back. What a great summer for concerts. First I saw the Burning Brides and A Perfect Circle. Then I saw Incubus and now I'm about to see Muse, Cooper Temp and Melissa.

Who else from NY is going to Curiosa on July 31st?

Edit: Oh and Thursday's on the second stage, too. Meh. Emo.

AlphaSnake

DeadStar said:

laugh.gif

nitewulf

im gonna go most likely, where did you get the tickets from? Cure and Muse are enough reasons for me to go.

AlphaSnake

nitewulf said:
im gonna go most likely, where did you get the tickets from? Cure and Muse are enough reasons for me to go.

Ticketmaster, brah. 60 bucks a pop. The way I look at it, it's $20 a concert. :D

For those that care, Scarling will be playing shows in California, Arizona and Utah for the festival. They're not coming to Chicago sadly... figures.

Diablos

Give yourself a pat on the back, Alpha. We're happy for you.

Although seeing New Born live would be quite nice.

AlphaSnake

Diablos said:

Why do you always troll my threads?

AlphaSnake

fart said:
you'll need earplugs for mogwai

Hahaha, like I said, I'm avoiding the 1st stage. I enjoy The Cure and all, but I'm not going to go and watch them perform, because I don't know much of their songs. So watching them would make me feel poserish. I'm just going to stick to the 2nd stage.

*Awaits, "but you are a poser" replies.*

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
I'm going pretty much just for Muse. I wish Thursday was gonna be at my show :\

and also, from a previous thread, this must be brought back:

Keep your suck ass musical taste and trolling ways out of others threads Diablos.

AlphaSnake

Eminem said:

Keep your suck ass musical taste and trolling ways out of others threads Diablos.

LOL

Eminem said:

Don't you live near Chicago...? Because Muse had a show at the Metro weeks back that was only $10. Could have saved some money lol.

Diablos

Eminem said:

Shut the fuck up.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Semjaza Azazel said:
Don't you live near Chicago...? Because Muse had a show at the Metro weeks back that was only $10. Could have saved some money lol.

yeah, i know. it was at the metro. wish i had known about it.

If Melissa is not wearing a short skirt or something skintight for her performance and Mogwai is playing, i strongly urge you to check Mogwai out instead.

That way you can tell your kids you swam thru an ocean of noise once, and Mogwai was your Poseidon.

*don't know wtf i just typed but let's move along*

Honestly, I'd be more interested in hearing Mogwai than any of these other bands... and I outright love a few of them (The Cure, Muse, Cooper Temple Clause, Scarling mainly).

Diablos

Muse is a really tight live band. I have their Madiavale 2003 bootleg and they sound amazing - hard to believe there's only three of them.

They're a really good band, some of their riffs are a bit too redundant but their talent kind of makes up for it. I would love to see this band live.

Seeing Melissa over Mogwai is dumb, dumb, dumb.

While I do like Explosions in the Sky, that comment is rather odd... Especially considering groups like Mogwai and Godspeed You Black Emperor! probably influenced them in the first place.

The only band I really want to see is Interpol. And I'd much rather see them in a smaller venue... maybe Irving or KF or Hammerstein.

How much did your ticket cost?

*edit*: 60 bucks? Totally not worth it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Eminem said:
So my friend is off? As based on that comment I have yet to hear Mogwai.

He's off in that Mogwai came first, and it's an odd phrase to use to compare the two.

I wouldn't call them a poor man's explosions in the sky, but they do play a similar style of music, are likely to be put in the same genre.

I prefer Mogwai myself, but they have a lot more material (that I know of) to use to base an opinion.

Why are so many people caught up on how he looks? lol He still sounds the same and his backing band is good enough, albeit different than usual.

Plus there are several other bands there. I don't think that price is too bad... at least not compared to what I usually see for big name bands around here.

fart

Savant
dunno. don't think mogwai and an aging smith are worth 60$ to me. as much as it would fulfill fart's teenage dreams to see the cure live, teenage fart would rather have seen smith ca. disintegration then smith ca. fat

and i figure i'll see mogwai eventually.

AlphaSnake

nitewulf said:
are cameras allowed?

You gonna' go, brah? I think cameras will be allowed. It's an open area and it's an event that's going to attract a lot of really diverse people. That and none of the bands playing are assholes (like TOOL and APC). Generally a no camera rule is at the disrection of the performer.

AlphaSnake

Star Power said:
The only band I really want to see is Interpol. And I'd much rather see them in a smaller venue... maybe Irving or KF or Hammerstein.

How much did your ticket cost?

*edit*: 60 bucks? Totally not worth it.

Why? I get to see three of my favorite bands perform in one night. I paid that much to see Incubus, and paid a little less to see A Perfect Circle. $60 is a steal.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Diablos said:

God Diablos for once stfu.

Also Alpha Fuck you! :(

AlphaSnake

Star Power said:
Well, more likely than not, you won't be able to actually see them :p.

I'm goin there eaaaarrrlllly! I plan on getting there at least 5 hours before the first act. =D

AlphaSnake

Matrix said:
God Diablos for once stfu.

Also Alpha Fuck you! :(

Wish you could come. You need to stop going out of the city when important stuff like this happens!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Alphasnake said:
Wish you could come. You need to stop going out of the city when important stuff like this happens!

I had no idea that concert was even coming here:( I just happened to go to the Cure Website and saw it listed.

I got to stop taking vacations with my family :(

AlphaSnake

Matrix said:
I had no idea that concert was even coming here:( I just happened to go to the Cure Website and saw it listed.

I got to stop taking vacations with my family :(

Don't go, then. I'll buy you a ticket and you pay me back. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom