• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

dat lambo, i still can't find the frame offset in snapshotter :(

the best i can get:

32hj3f.jpg

ronda, this snapshotter thingy doesn't capture the overlay, so no photomode viewfinder shitting up the screen banderas.gif

C1F00000 + pause game selected and we're getting somewhere:

gt61dslo.jpg

needs further searching to hit the ingame sweet spot as it's unusually rough, the bottom is all messed up and the car body fails to show correctly:

778esct.jpg

1b9sej.jpg

Watevaman

I'm missing something here. What exactly is the purpose of this tool you're using, Wax? Is it just getting a raw frame capture or something?

benzy

Were there 2 maintenance periods for GT5 Spec 2.0? I can't remember.

dat lambo, i still can't find the frame offset in snapshotter :(

the best i can get:

Net Cheat plugin and finding frame offsets seems like a hassle just to get shots. Was it relatively easy finding the debug camera codes for GT PSP? There's got to be someone out there who can find it in GT6. But yeah, those photomode UI overlays are killing me here.

urlnqyivef.png

tkttqolnbn.png

uwzfyzafzx.gif

Mobius 1

Were there 2 maintenance periods for GT5 Spec 2.0? I can't remember.

Net Cheat plugin and finding frame offsets seems like a hassle just to get shots. Was it relatively easy finding the debug camera codes for GT PSP? There's got to be someone out there who can find it in GT6. But yeah, those photomode UI overlays are killing me here.
giphy.gif

That's the offset above, click and save, much faster than the XMB way, but it doesn't capture the aa or whatever else they use to soften the gameplay / photo travel images up:

netcheat:
11232vu8p.png

xmb:

granturismo6rsucl.png

bottom of the image corrupts when in camera viewfinder mode, so cropping is required:

and yes, debug with official pc capture method is the holy grail that I have no idea how to get it :(

weird happenings:

later this month we'll be driving all over here:

BELIEVE!!!

benzy

That's the offset above, click and save, much faster than the XMB way, but it doesn't capture the aa or whatever else they use to soften the gameplay / photo travel images up:

bottom of the image corrupts when in camera viewfinder mode, so cropping is required:

and yes, debug with official pc capture method is the holy grail that I have no idea how to get it :(

weird happenings:

later this month we'll be driving all over here:

BELIEVE!!!

Ah that's cool. Strange it eliminates the in-game MLAA though... XMB captures give the same image quality as Digital Foundry's capture card grabs from what I've seen of their GT6 analysis screens.

I remember Kaz was planning to add additional course creator environments as dlc... lol. Would be a nice surprise if we got more than Andalucia to create tracks with whenever it launches.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/

At the following time we will perform maintenance on the servers for Gran Turismo 6:

Start: 07/07/2015 12:00 BST (GMT +1)
Finish: 07/07/2015 20:00 BST (GMT +1)

Start: 09/07/2015 12:00 BST (GMT +1)
Finish: 09/07/2015 20:00 BST (GMT +1)

Got to beef up the servers to handle the GPS Course Maker later this month.

So the FIA Championship is no more and the FIA licensed GT Sport will be announced at the 2015 FIA Sport Conference, PS4 exclusive.

Kaz pretty much confirmed whatever cut down FIA mode they had planned for GT6 has been canned with Course Maker and new cars only scheduled for future release.

Get your gifs ready - GPS Course Maker and the first look at GT on PS4 this month banderas.gif

benzy

So the FIA Championship is no more and the FIA licensed GT Sport will be announced at the 2015 FIA Sport Conference, PS4 exclusive.

Kaz pretty much confirmed whatever cut down FIA mode they had planned for GT6 has been canned with Course Maker and new cars only scheduled for future release.

Get your gifs ready - GPS Course Maker and the first look at GT on PS4 this month banderas.gif

Yep, it's got to be course maker.

Edit: Holy shit people get your date reading skills out of the stone age and learn the logical way of DD-MM-YYYY time format....sheesh

Uh he read the date in the correct order or else he would have said May 9th.

He just missed the .08. because the text is 05.-09.08.2015.

I thought Sony binned it for Paris? They must be planning a GT Sport event at the FIA headquarters.

Yeah, Sony won't be present in gamescom, conference-wise.
TGS is in september and Paris is in october.

Although PD can easily do their own event for anything short of GT7, which I guess Sony would very much like to reveal on their conference.

Niks

Well, GT6 was announced at its own event wasn't it?

anyways im prepared to be disappointed when no news arise.
tumblr_mdx91sovb61qbsz3ko1_500_large.gif

GT7 would really fit in any of the upcoming shows. TGS because Sony is trying to inject new life into the Japanese market, so announcing their biggest franchise at there would be one way to help bring more attention to the show. Paris Games Week because it's in Europe which is GT's biggest market. And PSX because it's a huge fan event.

benzy

They might not even reveal it until next year when it releases, so same year reveal announcement with a short waiting period to get the game like for GT6.

Mascot

I kinda wish Kaz would just forget about GT6 now and pour all of his energy and resources into GT7. The wait for the course maker has been an embarrassment.

benzy

Actually, I just re-read the recent JeuxFrance interview and it seems GT6 FIA is still happening.

"JVL : When FIA Championship will be launched in GT6, and what type of vehicle we have ?
Kazunori : I can't tell you about it at the moment (laughts)"

Didn't realise the GT site changed the time of maintenance.

Sony maintenance 11am - 5pm BST

GT maintenance 10am - 6pm BST

This server maintenance must be linked to the juggernauts, aka GPS Course Maker and GT Sport, an hours GT maintenance on either side - it's happening!

Happy_gif.gif

Mobius 1

This is getting more hopeless than waiting for the Last Guardian.

On that note, I wonder what kind of relationship Shu have with Kaz.

benzy

They worked together on GT1, so seemingly very close.

Yoshida said:
Note: There are so many amazing games on the original PlayStation, I’ve decided to choose games that I personally worked on, so this is my very personal favorite PSone games.

Gran Turismo: As the studio head, I helped the team led by Kazunori Yamauchi to develop this game that has changed the racing game genre forever. I could not believe what I was seeing when I first saw the reflection mapping on beautifully modelled cars in the game. This game was the start of Kaz’s long history in developing a close collaboration with the car industry, bridging the two industries. I’m very happy to see Gran Turismo celebrate its 17th anniversary this year as PlayStation celebrates its 20th.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/03/playstation-turns-20-our-all-time-favorite-psone-games/

Blame the people that complained about how long GT5 took to release. That seems to have made them a bit shy about announcing GT games way ahead of their release. You still have people making jokes about that one even though it's the only GT game that really took a long time to release. The others took 2-3 years between each release.

p3n

GT7 as a launch title for Morpheus makes too much sense now.

If they support legacy wheels and this turns out to be true I'll buy one. If done right VR is a real game changer for racing sims. I did try the DK2 with AC and it was good even though the Oculus support was just a quick and dirty mod/hack.

Top Bottom