• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Chaos17

Thank you people for your feeback.
I am glad my first SSR turned good.

She's a buffer. She turns your entire team into complete hard hitting monsters.
When did you make your account? During this legfest?

If you ever decide to buy the Beginner Ticket, you are looking at some amazing wind characters to team her up with!

I started last month but I just began to play it more seriously recently.
I got her with the SSR events that is happening at the moment.
Though I swear I got the SR version first...

I tried her and raid that normaly a bit hard for me (still doing normal raids) and she really made those raids so easy now.
She became my favorite character at the moment.
Her skills are quite cleaver.

Azusa

Is the Chev sword not worth it? I have 3 guns and a harp now but was gonna buy 2 swords next.
Not worth it. Guns are better.

Chev sword is better than gun only when you max limit break it. You need to unlock the 2nd sword skill. It's very hard to do and I decided to ignore chev swords completely.

garath

Finally have 5k valor. I have 2 guns and 1 fist for my wind pool. Another fist? Despite hosting 3 omegas and doing as many as my raid pops, tiamat just isn't giving up the goods.

Oh. My. God. I finally got my 4th GW weapon. I have literally 14 items left in my last box. This was an awful experience. Shout outs to Yoda for making the boss fight farms quick at least...

I can finally sleep, but then I gotta deal with this crap when I wake up.

57e0a194c92b0a90f09d802d5b029a9d.png

draw4wild

Not worth it. Guns are better.

Chev sword is better than gun only when you max limit break it. You need to unlock the 2nd sword skill. It's very hard to do and I decided to ignore chev swords completely.

Ok thanks, I'll buy a 4th gun next. I'll probably do one sword just so if I actually ever get a drop it won't go to waste, just like harp

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
As someone who is making a fire team, should I be farming this Ifrit fellow? I've beaten him a bunch of times on Extreme, but only receive his weapon once. Not sure it's worth it.

Merun

As someone who is making a fire team, should I be farming this Ifrit fellow? I've beaten him a bunch of times on Extreme, but only receive his weapon once. Not sure it's worth it.

Get the summon and try to LB it if you don't have good fire summon.

Gizuko

Depends on your current resources. If you have max uncapped lady katarpillar, you can take your time with the summon. If you don't, prioritise at least one copy for now - you want him max uncapped soon, though.

How many max uncapped normal-skill ssr weapons do you have? If pu have none, get at least 2 of his weapons after the first summon copy, then max the summon.

If you have 2 ma uncapped fire weapons I'd prioritise the summon and decide if the weapons are worth it a latter date.

commish

Depends on your current resources. If you have max uncapped lady katarpillar, you can take your time with the summon. If you don't, prioritise at least one copy for now - you want him max uncapped soon, though.

How many max uncapped normal-skill ssr weapons do you have? If pu have none, get at least 2 of his weapons after the first summon copy, then max the summon.

If you have 2 ma uncapped fire weapons I'd prioritise the summon and decide if the weapons are worth it a latter date.

Okay, back to farming I goooooo!

He drops material for exchange at the shop.

Oh.... wait a second.....

Edit: Well, the good news is that I have more than enough to get and max out the summon and Halberd. The bad news is that I won't have enough time. Argh. I thought the Summon was a drop. Thx for the heads up!

Rixa

Okay, back to farming I goooooo!

Oh.... wait a second.....

Edit: Well, the good news is that I have more than enough to get and max out the summon and Halberd. The bad news is that I won't have enough time. Argh. I thought the Summon was a drop. Thx for the heads up!

It can drop. Sidenote when you mlb Ifrit, last lb is done with materials (you cant use summon). This stuff is for Diablo mlb, but insert Ifrit stuff and you see what you need.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So after many chapters I've finally saved up to 3000 crystals.

And now I'm getting a little gunshy.

Should I draw 10 at once, or do 10 1-draws? Which gives me the better overall odds? Does it matter?

So after many chapters I've finally saved up to 3000 crystals.

And now I'm getting a little gunshy.

Should I draw 10 at once, or do 10 1-draws? Which gives me the better overall odds? Does it matter?

10-roll gives you at least one SR from the 10-roll. Ten 1-rolls you can always stop yourself early and save some crystals.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
10-roll gives you at least one SR from the 10-roll. Ten 1-rolls you can always stop yourself early and save some crystals.

A good point. I'm just worried that after farming all this time I'll fail in one shot, but I'm also afraid that single pulls might provide nothing but normals and rares. Granblue is breaking me aaaaaarg! orz

garath

24 more silver certificates for me. I need to sit in front of the tweetdeck on the computer for hours. I see no way of doing this otherwise. The rest of the materials will be doable if I can manage the extreme special for light and wind. I suspect I can but not sure.

demidar

Event is finally over and I've gotten as many tokens as I could. I managed to get enough gold medals for the SSR event summon (weak earth SSR but whatever) and three SSR weapons should be more than enough for my month old account. Got about 24 tickets left, might as well use them.

Draw 10, get nothing. Another weapon in a full box is simply asking for too much, right? Got another 4 tokens left...

144458d2c6.jpg

I have the Devil's Luck.

All in all my first GW was extremely profitable.

Merun

So ending GW with 3 daggers. For a first one I guess it's not bad. Also started GW unable to solo VH eye to being able to solo without strike time which is some good progression I guess, especially for light team. Leg Fest did give me some SSR. Sadly, only Aiodios seems decent. I got Carmelina for trash tier :<

commish

24 more silver certificates for me. I need to sit in front of the tweetdeck on the computer for hours. I see no way of doing this otherwise. The rest of the materials will be doable if I can manage the extreme special for light and wind. I suspect I can but not sure.

Any tips for using Tweetdeck? I seem to be too slow in getting into the raids. By the time I refresh, the tweet is 20 seconds old and that's too late. :\

Felessan

Any tips for using Tweetdeck? I seem to be too slow in getting into the raids. By the time I refresh, the tweet is 20 seconds old and that's too late. :\
You shouldn't refresh - it should appear by itself (and add notification to it in settings).
If tweets doesn't appear automatically - check spelling, should be "Lv100 &#12503;&#12525;&#12488;&#12496;&#12495;&#12512;&#12540;&#12488;"

Gizuko

Extreme seems to drop 1-2 T2 orbs at most, which seem like the biggest choke point for me (specially since you need a lot of T1 orbs too, so you can't upgrade).

I think I'm going to try to get them from Marius raids and the orb daily, since it costs less ap for 1-2 orbs as well.

2 questions:

1a) Currently my party is just using the 5-6 SSR weapons that came with the characters I got in the Gatcha pulls along with a few other SR weapons from the Gatcha pulls. Is it safe to go ahead and let the game autoselect the other "Rare" weapons for feed without any worry?
1b) In addendum to that what is generally considered more worthwhile at the beggining? Upgrading characters or weapons? I would assume weapons given that you may be switching around characters.

2) It looks like all 4 of the GAF guilds are completely full? How many members can each group have? Do we actively clear out space for say players that have been idle for 6+ months or so? I just ask as I don't know if I need to create a 5th GAF guild.

Ludwig
Group C
ID: 11068466

draw4wild

Since starting tweetdeck last night, I've gotten into 15 bahamut raids this morning, I'm flying through my soul berries. Unfortunately I've gotten only 2 silver certs and no dagger, but then again I've gotten 13 gold certs and 2 horns so I cant complain

Gizuko

2 questions:

1a) Currently my party is just using the 5-6 SSR weapons that came with the characters I got in the Gatcha pulls along with a few other SR weapons from the Gatcha pulls. Is it safe to go ahead and let the game autoselect the other "Rare" weapons for feed without any worry?
1b) In addendum to that what is generally considered more worthwhile at the beggining? Upgrading characters or weapons? I would assume weapons given that you may be switching around characters.

2) It looks like all 4 of the GAF guilds are completely full? How many members can each group have? Do we actively clear out space for say players that have been idle for 6+ months or so? I just ask as I don't know if I need to create a 5th GAF guild.

Ludwig
Group C
ID: 11068466

1a) I'm not sure how does auto-select mix with rares with a skill, but just to be safe don't use it. Weapons with a skill are used to level you best weapon's skills, and they do so following a set of rules (basically, the mrer you use the higher the success chance you have when upgrading. Read more about this here) - Weapons without a skill cannot be used this way, thus are only exp fodder. Check wether they have a skill or not by tapping the brown button near auto-select until it shows skill or something along those lines.

1b) Characters get exp after battles while weapons don't, so focus on weapons for now.

That said, we might need a 5th GAF guild, but if it's only a few of you that are guildless it might be best if you wait for a space to open (maybe join a random guild for now, since they have a lot of bonuses).

1b) Characters get exp after battles while weapons don't, so focus on weapons for now.

That said, we might need a 5th GAF guild, but if it's only a few of you that are guildless it might be best if you wait for a space to open (maybe join a random guild for now, since they have a lot of bonuses).

Thanks for that info, also do your skills that you unlock with EMP points only apply to the class you unlocked them on? Or does it carry over to all classes you are leveling up?

Yeah well now is a great time since we are about to start a new event soon so I don't mind waiting a little bit but I don't know how much the other 4 crew-masters play. I also don't mind starting one myself but I may not be able to make it on everyday.

Gizuko

Thanks for that info, also do your skills that you unlock with EMP points only apply to the class you unlocked them on? Or does it carry over to all classes you are leveling up?

Yeah well now is a great time since we are about to start a new event soon so I don't mind waiting a little bit but I don't know how much the other 4 crew-masters play. I also don't mind starting one myself but I may not be able to make it on everyday.

Only for the class you unlocked them on, with the exception being T3 jobs, which have 2 active skill locked behind EMP that I think might be used on other classes, but I'm not sure.

You should try to get at least 10 people before starting the crew, really. I suppose it's not going to be hard to get new members in the long run, but guilds do chip away at your resources and early on it'll be hard to balance them between the guild and your characters. As I said, though, they provide interesting bonuses like potions and the like, with the only downsides being a 24h period where you can't join a new guild after leaving and, if you create one, the resources spent.

Only for the class you unlocked them on, with the exception being T3 jobs, which have 2 active skill locked behind EMP that I think might be used on other classes, but I'm not sure.

You should try to get at least 10 people before starting the crew, really. I suppose it's not going to be hard to get new members in the long run, but guilds do chip away at your resources and early on it'll be hard to balance them between the guild and your characters. As I said, though, they provide interesting bonuses like potions and the like, with the only downsides being a 24h period where you can't join a new guild after leaving and, if you create one, the resources spent.

Ick, alright I guess I will hold off and hope a spot opens in one of the other 4 we have going on right now. Unless someone of higher stature comes in and makes a 5th one I definitely do not have the resources to keep a 5th one going.

Also, only just now at chapter 5 and out of my 33AP. The wait is definitely real. Co-op quests gives next to no EXP for me so leveling up that way to restore AP is out of the question and I definitely want to save my potions/elixers for big events when I will need them the most.

Any other decent way to gain some exp and try to restore AP?

Gizuko

Ick, alright I guess I will hold off and hope a spot opens in one of the other 4 we have going on right now. Unless someone of higher stature comes in and makes a 5th one I definitely do not have the resources to keep a 5th one going.

Also, only just now at chapter 5 and out of my 33AP. The wait is definitely real. Co-op quests gives next to no EXP for me so leveling up that way to restore AP is out of the question and I definitely want to save my potions/elixers for big events when I will need them the most.

Any other decent way to gain some exp and try to restore AP?

You can restore both your AP and EP once a day through Twitter reset, but that's all I can think of.

Co-op gives exp based on damage done and buffs/debuffs applied during the match, so it's hard to farm early on. Give it another try once you have better weapons and you'll have an easier time leveling there. It's recommended to farm daily though, as those blue crystals you get for doing all 3 daily quests come handy later on.

Edit: Also, avoid using elixirs to restore your AP since those can be used to revive your party, while 1/2 AP Potions only give AP.

Rixa

Got 4th GW sword with the last 10 tickets. Phew!

How do I get the element change option?

You need to grind a lot first. Process starts in Shop->Fabled Weapons->Revenant Weapons

I see...The only thing troublesome is the white dragon scale and the champion merit D:

I guess i'll have to wait till I reach rank 50 first. Thanks!

Extreme seems to drop 1-2 T2 orbs at most, which seem like the biggest choke point for me (specially since you need a lot of T1 orbs too, so you can't upgrade).

I think I'm going to try to get them from Marius raids and the orb daily, since it costs less ap for 1-2 orbs as well.

Since starting tweetdeck last night, I've gotten into 15 bahamut raids this morning, I'm flying through my soul berries. Unfortunately I've gotten only 2 silver certs and no dagger, but then again I've gotten 13 gold certs and 2 horns so I cant complain
Yesterday and today I have done roughly 30 Bahamuts (and did one hour star halo) for hoping to get one missing rusted harp. Before harp dropped, I managed to get 2 Bahamut horns and one Bahamut sr weapon & nice bunch of Silver Merits.

Now its just grind bahamuts to get more Silver Merits, do star halo and wait for extreme Light daily to come back (16 days or so):

tldr; Grind grind grind littlebit more and ffeel the Grindblue Fantasy.

Gizuko

Yesterday and today I have done roughly 30 Bahamuts (and did one hour star halo) for hoping to get one missing rusted harp. Before harp dropped, I managed to get 2 Bahamut horns and one Bahamut sr weapon & nice bunch of Silver Merits.

Now its just grind bahamuts to get more Silver Merits, do star halo and wait for extreme Light daily to come back (16 days or so):

Oh man, I'm still sitting at 1 harp. I have about 6 swords, 4 gauntlets, 3 spears, and at least 2 of every other weapon. Today's star halo didn't drop any either. I guess I'm going to seriously farm baha for a while, this is really depressing.

Edit: PSA - ALWAYS check before joining a Tweetdeck raid. You can see the raid's boss before joining.

There's this jerk posting Omega Colossus raids as Bahamut ones It's fairly easy to distinguish both pictures, and he isn't even removing the Colo picture from his tweets, but some are far less obvious.

commish

You shouldn't refresh - it should appear by itself (and add notification to it in settings).
If tweets doesn't appear automatically - check spelling, should be "Lv100 &#12503;&#12525;&#12488;&#12496;&#12495;&#12512;&#12540;&#12488;"

I've done 6 bahamut raids today and all rusted weapons but the freaking harp.

Rainy

Banned
This event was kind of a let down for me, not too strong, didn't get too many honors so didn't get any GW weapons...next time!

draw4wild

I have a mlb rusted axe, spear, staff, sword, and 2 fists and have never seen a harp or dagger. Since I have 2 horns now I may make a Bahamut sword to go into the weapon pool. I' wouldn't be surprised if the dagger and harp are rarer due to demand. I've also been getting gold certs to silver certs at a ratio of 5 to 1

Before Tweetdeck there was really no end in sight, with Tweetdeck maybe a week or 2 if I don't run out of berries, I've been doing order grand raids too for the blue crystals so I'm using like 40 an hour

Felessan

I've done 6 bahamut raids today and all rusted weapons but the freaking harp.
I got 3 harp (along with MLB fist, axe and gun anf bunch of other stuff), but I want bow and only got 1 of them... I want Sorn for my light team... I have Jeanne and Io already.

Top Bottom