• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Falk

that puzzling face
So after I get Dark Fencer to 20, what should be my next step? Go for extended mastery or focus on a different class? I'm thinking Warrior for all of those Attack level bonuses but I have no idea if those bonuses are permanent or only there when I'm using the Warrior class?

Your Dark Fencer is going to see a lot of use in hard content and generate EMP on its own, so for everything that's not cutting edge you'd be better off levelling other things, both to unlock some endgame combinations like DF + Arrow Rain III, and working towards Holy Saber/Hawkeye/etc.

Mastering glasses also bestow permanent bonuses, small but they add up.

p.s. if you haven't already, trade 1000 Valor Points -> Gold Moon -> CP, resets every month so you have a day. Solves all CP bottlenecks for unlocking classes and buffing EMP on progression classes.

Rixa

Got an Albert, sweet.

Have yet to get a single good summon yet.
Dont worry. There are really good summons for every element that can be mlbed ingame without gacha luck. You just need to grind, grind alot.
Here is the pic of what materials are needed to mlb ingame summon (pic taken before English patch) and what it gives as mlb.
GBFDiadone.PNG
GBFDiablo1.PNG
Earlier lb are done by fusing same summon, its the last star that needs materials.
There are some differences between mlbed summons that can be acquired. For example Ifrit mlb (fire) gives +60% attack to fire units.

Gizuko

Florenburg and the GW Harp are too strong. I can safely take out some SR magna weapons and still get a stat increase.

By the way, should I avoid skilling Catalinas sword?
It's pretty neat, with a Normal II skill that helps me balance unkown, normal and magna multipliers, but it is a gacha weapon, and a limited one at that.

Guess I will anyway, since a Normal I weapon will just replace either Yoda's sword or Societte's fan first (so It'd take 2 water events to replace Catalina's Sword), but I wanted to hear an argument against it, since all the arguments I can come up with don't hold up*.

Edit: *I mean in case I'm missing something.

garath

Got my GW sword to slvl 6 now. Going to be a long grind for all of this but I figured I would start. I'm almost regretting not getting Jeanne with my start dash and switching to light. Would have been fun :) next month perhaps.

p.s. if you haven't already, trade 1000 Valor Points -> Gold Moon -> CP, resets every month so you have a day. Solves all CP bottlenecks for unlocking classes and buffing EMP on progression classes.

This is actually a decent idea. I hadn't thought of that. As much as I'd like to keep every single valor point for weapons, there's something to be said for mastering more classes. I currently have dark fencer, Hawkeye and sidewinder. Guess I can work toward superstar and holy saber or something.

Falk

that puzzling face
Even if you have the classes you want unlocked, it's quite a lot more XP to get your available EMP maxed out to make the most use of the progression classes in progression content, so 2500 CP helps then as well.

garath

Even if you have the classes you want unlocked, it's quite a lot more XP to get your available EMP maxed out to make the most use of the progression classes in progression content, so 2500 CP helps then as well.

Good point. 50 emp is a big help. Probably worth the week or so it would take me to farm the 1000 valor

draw4wild

By the way, should I avoid skilling Catalinas sword?
It's pretty neat, with a Normal II skill that helps me balance unkown, normal and magna multipliers, but it is a gacha weapon, and a limited one at that.

The reason people say to avoid skilling up SSR gacha weapons is because they are almost impossible to limit break without getting lucky and pulling another one and then doing that 3 more times. However, it will be a few months before a lot of us are ready to start limit breaking any weapons so I see no reason not to at least skill it up to 4/5 and use it as filler.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So, the game asked me to register with Mobage so I can get 1000 crystals. I made a Mobage account but I've not gotten the crystals, is there a step I'm missing?

Yaari

Skill up my weapon pool, or skill up my harp?! HOW TO DECIDE

The harp will only be useful if you can element change it entirely. So do you have the rest of those items too? If not, better to go for weapon pool since you benefit from that in every battle you are in.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The harp will only be useful if you can element change it entirely. So do you have the rest of those items too? If not, better to go for weapon pool since you benefit from that in every battle you are in.

Crap, not even close. Totally forgot I needed the rest of the items, which I won't have until 2019. Thanks for pointing that out.

garath

Worth noting this is linear with bronze and silver moons too. Can always use a little less valor and get some point as you need.

RurouniZel

So my main character has reached a Lv 20 cap and I went to the Uncap menu only to find that only extra characters were selectable.

How do I increase the level limit for my main character?

Felessan

Granblue pls
Nice trolling.

So my main character has reached a Lv 20 cap and I went to the Uncap menu only to find that only extra characters were selectable.

How do I increase the level limit for my main character?
Lvl20 is a maximum level for player character jobs. You can improve further with job mastery bonus (unlocked permanently when you reach lvl20 in a job) and EMP.

This is a stupid question but what exactly are Extended Mastery Points? I know you unlock them when you hit 20..
Extra bonuses for given job. You can choose them (attack, defense, hp, debuff resist/success etc), up to 3 upgrades in given category, and maximum number of available upgrades depends on you rank.

RurouniZel

Lvl20 is a maximum level for player character jobs. You can improve further with job mastery bonus (unlocked permanently when you reach lvl20 in a job) and EMP.

Ah okay. I think it gave me a mastery bonus when I hit 20, but I don't know about the EMP stuff. I'm guessing I should just change jobs for now then?

Gizuko

The reason people say to avoid skilling up SSR gacha weapons is because they are almost impossible to limit break without getting lucky and pulling another one and then doing that 3 more times. However, it will be a few months before a lot of us are ready to start limit breaking any weapons so I see no reason not to at least skill it up to 4/5 and use it as filler.

Most of my doubts come from the possibility of having 2-3 water events in a row (like those last 3 fire events before SF collab). I did skill it up a bit anyway, since I figured that, while probably not the best normal II weapon it's still pretty good and they don't seem to be very common, and I could always LB eventually (with those stones) if I ever get them and no I have no better weapon.

Thank you for your input!

Felessan

Ah okay. I think it gave me a mastery bonus when I hit 20, but I don't know about the EMP stuff. I'm guessing I should just change jobs for now then?
Yes. For me EMP comes naturally as Dark Fencer is a job to go for most bosses.
I have more problems to think about where to exp other jobs without hindering result gains than worrying about EMP.

garath

I skilled up my Rosetta dagger to 4 or 5. It's my main weapon for now and it'll be a long time until I replace it. Just don't push them to 10 or anything lol

RurouniZel

Yes. For me EMP comes naturally as Dark Fencer is a job to go for most bosses.
I have more problems to think about where to exp other jobs without hindering result gains than worrying about EMP.

Okay, good to know. Thanks for the answers! ^_^

Felessan

She has a bit more longevity than Yoda, Yoda is best in the early phases of the game, Silva is best in the middle, but as you say both fall off (fairly hard) in HL play.
I would rephrase it as - she is not a bad choice. Especially ar earlier stages of game.

I read some interesting stuff and it's what I want to try it when I reach somewhere significantly higher that I am at now. Yoda weakness comes from his reliance on extra damage from ougi. If ougi and its extra damage no longer matters - Yoda is a character with 1 out of 8 turns weakness (which is I think is manageable) and almost always-on triple attack.

Grzi

Did another 10 draw, not a single SSR and just one SR. And I thought my luck in FFRK was bad. So that's 80 draws (and a few with tickets) with only three SSR summons and that's it.

Gizuko

I'd actually argue Yoda has more uses in HLs than Silva. He isn't going to hit the damage cap as easily, and you can avoid losing stacks if you ougi when he has none/can refresh them with the skill.

You still have to protect him during his weak turn but, you can just build around that: Uno and HSaber seem to be safe choices for HLs, and an Order team with Sara and Petra wouldn't have much trouble either. These are rather niche options, however (although they seem pretty fun to me).

I still hate his skill set, although it's pretty good considering Yoda's weaknesses.

Biocrisis

Neo Member
Hello everyone, I have a somewhat weird question about the installation. I live in Europe but have installed the game through the use of a certain app on android. Before I can change the language to English two small windows appear with Japanese text and when I click they disappear and for a moment I'm redirected to empty webpages. Unfortunately I have no pictures but I recognized 1.06 gb in one of the windows. Does anyone recognize what I'm talking and if its something Bad?

Alright, I think I've had enough re-rolling after 112 attempts (but I may keep going until LegFes is over) and would like to start playing. Got absolutely no wind SSRs so I ask GAF the following:

Is it better to spend my start dash ticket now on either Anchira/Korba knowing that we may never see them again, or would it be better to say spend it on Percival to complement out either my Magisa, Rackam, or Yuel account?

GAFs thoughts?

Current SSR Accounts:

#1: Magisa - Fire
#2: Cerberus - Dark
#3: Eustace - Earth
#4: Rackam - Fire
#5: Yuel - Fire (heard she is fantastic so may play with her first)
#6: Metera - Fire

Cornisath, Pixfix and ranz. Guys have been out for 2+ days, let me know whats up or we'll have three new slots for GAFantasy coming up in a few days.

Yaari

Alright, I think I've had enough re-rolling after 112 attempts (but I may keep going until LegFes is over) and would like to start playing. Got absolutely no wind SSRs so I ask GAF the following:

Is it better to spend my start dash ticket now on either Anchira/Korba knowing that we may never see them again, or would it be better to say spend it on Percival to complement out either my Magisa, Rackam, or Yuel account?

GAFs thoughts?

Current SSR Accounts:

#1: Magisa - Fire
#2: Cerberus - Dark
#3: Eustace - Earth
#4: Rackam - Fire
#5: Yuel - Fire (heard she is fantastic so may play with her first)
#6: Metera - Fire

First of all I'd go with a unit you like. If that's Anchira and Korwa you want to get then you can get those via the Start Dash even after it is gone. (It returns every month, and allows you to select characters that were around during the creation of your account)

But I do feel like you'd would benefit greatly from having another Wind unit to compliment either of those.

I understand rerolling probably isn't much fun but it would be great if you can get another decent wind unit out of it.

Picking between what you got I'd prolly go with Yuel, but only if you are no longer interested in rerolling that is.

That said it's very likely you will pick up many wind units along the way as long as you keep playing.

Korwa was actually said to be in the Surprise Ticket later this year. I dont know if that is fact or bad translation. She's not as rare as Anchira though.

First of all I'd go with a unit you like. If that's Anchira and Korwa you want to get then you can get those via the Start Dash even after it is gone. (It returns every month, and allows you to select characters that were around during the creation of your account)

But I do feel like you'd would benefit greatly from having another Wind unit to compliment either of those.

I understand rerolling probably isn't much fun but it would be great if you can get another decent wind unit out of it.

Picking between what you got I'd prolly go with Yuel, but only if you are no longer interested in rerolling that is.

That said it's very likely you will pick up many wind units along the way as long as you keep playing.

Korwa was actually said to be in the Surprise Ticket later this year. I dont know if that is fact or bad translation. She's not as rare as Anchira though.

I may keep doing some re-rolls for extra accounts that other GAFers may want in the future if people seem to be down on their luck. I definitely would like to get a good SSR wind unit but I hear Fire isn't too hard to start out with either.

One of things people keep messaging me about is that I may want to keep my SD ticket for the upcoming new SSR they are about to release after LegFest as she may be really good too.

So many choices, blarg!

Yaari

I may keep doing some re-rolls for extra accounts that other GAFers may want in the future if people seem to be down on their luck. I definitely would like to get a good SSR wind unit but I hear Fire isn't too hard to start out with either.

One of things people keep messaging me about is that I may want to keep my SD ticket for the upcoming new SSR they are about to release after LegFest as she may be really good too.

So many choices, blarg!

Interesting. I don't know how soon after legfest that will happen. That might actually be worth sitting out for yeah.

I do really like Yuel.. I'd go with her if you are done with rerolling.

commish

Yuel is great long term, but more of a slow burn before she comes into her own. I would also go Yuel.

Happy Edit:

Guess I am going wind then. SD Andira I suppose but the fact remains that I am going to need an attacker. Nez, Siete, Feena? Not sure which characters complement Andira and Korba.

o8ldSjo.png
RG0BS1U.gif

captainpat

Downloaded the app on ios. Got Premium ticket for reviewing the game. Used the ticket for a pull, and got Vira. Feels good. Getting an SSR with one pull always feels greats.

Gizuko

Hello everyone, I have a somewhat weird question about the installation. I live in Europe but have installed the game through the use of a certain app on android. Before I can change the language to English two small windows appear with Japanese text and when I click they disappear and for a moment I'm redirected to empty webpages. Unfortunately I have no pictures but I recognized 1.06 gb in one of the windows. Does anyone recognize what I'm talking and if its something Bad?

Do not install the game through third party apps/stores. Just use chrome on a mobile device (gbf.game.mbga.jp) or create a Japanese Gmail account - the app is some sort of browser anyway.

In any case, we probably can't tell you anything without a screencap or something similar. I have used app a couple of times, and in those cases the only pop up I remember didn't open a website and only warned me about updates (that were installed in the background and were never 1GB).

Yaari

Happy Edit:

Guess I am going wind then. SD Andira I suppose but the fact remains that I am going to need an attacker. Nez, Siete, Feena? Not sure which characters complement Andira and Korba.

o8ldSjo.png
RG0BS1U.gif

Damn. The odds of you pulling that specific character were ridiculously low. So grats on that. Really cool.

Siete is a GW char and not in reach. TBH Korwa changes anyone into an attacker, and if you pick Anchira she'll buff your damage up even more.

This game isn't about characters as much as it is about weapon pools, so even the best attacker wouldn't make you clear certain stages. But you are definitely looking at an amazing way to start the game.

commish

Can someone explain Korwa's skills to me and how she works? Astuce, Col and Espirit, I don't know what they mean.

Damn. The odds of you pulling that specific character were ridiculously low. So grats on that. Really cool.

Siete is a GW char and not in reach. TBH Korwa changes anyone into an attacker, and if you pick Anchira she'll buff your damage up even more.

This game isn't about characters as much as it is about weapon pools, so even the best attacker wouldn't make you clear certain stages. But you are definitely looking at an amazing way to start the game.

Thanks, can't wait to get started. Having trouble getting mobacoin now though.

I only have an iPhone and my Chrome web-browser on my PC so not sure what the best way to go is. I would like to do 1:1 purchasing in terms of cost if possible but if not it looks like Japan Code Supply may work, they are charging a 10% premium though.

Tons of tutorials online how to do it on an android phone but not PC or iPhone.

Top Bottom