• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Verelios

because i feel bad after pulling Lucio and not using him. That 800% light damage is strong af.
Is it recommended to use mixed team with odin since he boost both Light and dark at the same time.

And all my weapon pool is light or other element and someone said that it is better to use dark weapon pool for dark team (not sure what the effect is)
I mean, if you don't have a dark weapon pool at the moment then that'll hamper your strength by a fair margin. Most of your light weapons probably have Light Atk/HP up for your light team, though 100% aura from Bahamut is too good to pass up. I'd say go Light for now until you can build up a dark weapon pool. I wouldn't put Odin on the same level as Bahamut or Lucifer, though maybe that's changed. Someone who mains light or dark could explain this better than me (scrub with Luminiera and Celeste)

Gizuko

The fact that I have been avoiding ticketing Athena*/Djeanne to save money but will probably buy that Lecia kimono skin (if it's real) is bothering me.

A lot.

*I don't even have a dark buncle, been sitting out of proto baha HL for months now.

Edit: That Lyria-eating-mochi animation is so cute.

Ultimadrago

mahirauncap1dqk2g.png

Fucking New Years' LegFes. My crystals and I were so close to escaping Scot-free...

undertaker-sitting-upqtuve.gif

Ultimadrago

Also don't forget to hear New Years' messages from your favorite characters, everyone!

Yay got Rooster from the free 3k crystals. I didn't even have any crystals so it was this or nothing.

I hate you. lol. I wasn't close to sparking, but I used every free ticket/crystal left. If I had known the details beforehand, I would have left the Christmas Arulu outfit high and dry!

Nice! A true Earthlord.

Did two 10-pulls and got Metera. Unrelated to the event, but I'm happy.

Awesome!

Thanks! I am happy and sad at the same time.

Spent 20k gems, but i got rooster and a couple other earth ssr. Pretty nice!

Congrats~

OceanBlue

I hate you. lol. I wasn't close to sparking, but I used every free ticket/crystal left. If I had known the details beforehand, I would have left the Christmas Arulu outfit high and dry!
Lol I used all of my crystals and tickets for Lucio beforehand because I play light. Didn't even get him either :(. I should've also waited since I didn't even get Lucio. Maybe I can grind up an earth grid since I grind Ygg for pendants anyway and I already have some good SSRs I think?

Verelios

Lol I used all of my crystals and tickets for Lucio beforehand because I play light. Didn't even get him either :(. I should've also waited since I didn't even get Lucio. Maybe I can grind up an earth grid since I grind Ygg for pendants anyway and I already have some good SSRs I think?
My heart almost stopped when I pulled a Luci-then I saw the ius and started cursing. Damnit that's cold.

Uthred

New year barely two hours old and I broke my "Saving to spark Summer Zoey" resolution already, used the 3K for a 10 pull, saw one rainbow shard pop up prayed it wouldnt be a dupe. Well, it wasnt a dupe, it was however De La Fille, literally the worst Light SSR, I have SR units more useful than her.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So how do you beat the Yggrisil Malice boss? Is it meant to be a gear check to make sure you have a proper wind team? I really need to get to chapter 58 to unlock Eugen's extra skill...

wilstreak

I mean, if you don't have a dark weapon pool at the moment then that'll hamper your strength by a fair margin. Most of your light weapons probably have Light Atk/HP up for your light team, though 100% aura from Bahamut is too good to pass up. I'd say go Light for now until you can build up a dark weapon pool. I wouldn't put Odin on the same level as Bahamut or Lucifer, though maybe that's changed. Someone who mains light or dark could explain this better than me (scrub with Luminiera and Celeste)

Okay thank you Verelios. i will level up my light team first then.

Holy crap racer Vyrn riding in Lyria's lap is cute

I love that scene too. Especially in the last part of the race where Vyrn being the only one rational out of all the human. LoL

Boots & Blades is still the best event, but Platinum Sky is easily second.

Also the last random grunt battles the better, felt like random grunt battles really ruin the pacing especially all those random redux events.

Sölf

So, I am in chapter 9 now. Finally figured out how to uncap weapons and summons, so I now have a possible level 40 Fire Elemental, yay. xD

Game is still good. I may not play this as much as others here, but I can see me playing this every (few) day(s) for a few missions at least.

Sölf;227493233 said:
So, I am in chapter 9 now. Finally figured out how to uncap weapons and summons, so I now have a possible level 40 Fire Elemental, yay. xD

Game is still good. I may not play this as much as others here, but I can see me playing this every (few) day(s) for a few missions at least.

Make sure you at least login daily and to do your daily co op missions.

Pics_nao

Rolled 350 times
Got Rooster, Light Sarunan, Percival, Naru, Ghandagoza and sparked Lucio. Also got my 4th Lancelot dupe and second Arulu dupe.

For summons I got Varuna, DAO, Twin Elements, Satyr, Hector and Ca Ong

Not bad I guess, but I really wanted Romeo or Rosetta since I knew I was sparking either Mahiru or Lucio. Glad to have both but after that Mahiru nerf, eh.

Building other element teams, and progressing your teams for different fights and setups is enjoyable.

They're cute

I'm a collector at heart, I like seeing who I get, and you never know, maybe you'll get someone really good.

Cool, thanks guys. I tried playing the game and couldn't get into it, but for some reason I have the strange inclination to check in on this thread every week or so.

What's the appeal of getting all these new characters if your team is already successful?

New characters are better than older characters due to natural power creep.

The game forces competition between between players in raids by giving much better rewards for MVP and vice MVP which is based on damage dealt.

So the people that feel pressured to be competitive feel like they need new characters to perform better than other players who are their competitors.

...I can't find the banner for this segment of the reroll thingy:

Press the Top/News button in the top left to be taken to the Game Start button page. Scroll down on this page until you see a banner labeled シリアルコード入力. Click that banner and enter the following two serial codes for JDA Magazine tickets:

EDIT: nvm, apparently it's not for iPhone user

Verelios

What's the appeal of getting all these new characters if your team is already successful?
It's already been said, but I just like collecting different heroes and admiring my box once in a while. I think it's not so much the act of getting the character or their usability I care about (obviously this does make the game more enjoyable), it's the knowledge that I have x and x for such a team, similar to building a book collection or art collection.

Wait...I do both of those...is my hobby actually just collecting things?

Top Bottom