• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

garath

Whoever vanagandar is in gafcypher, I pretty much only see your event raids all day. Are you burning pots like crazy or what? Lol

Often keeps me from seeing general populace event raids :(

Quonny

Whoever vanagandar is in gafcypher, I pretty much only see your event raids all day. Are you burning pots like crazy or what? Lol

Often keeps me from seeing general populace event raids :(

That's why I don't announce the raids to the crew and friends. They clog up the queue.

sensui-tomo

hate asking again, any of the gaf guilds got space? looking to join one.
ID: 10247766
if anyone wants to add as friend go ahead too.
Game is too addicting.

garath

That's why I don't announce the raids to the crew and friends. They clog up the queue.

How do you turn it off? Every time I do an event raid it appears to auto invite crew. I looked through the new English menu an didn't see anything but I might have overlooked it.

For this Rise of the Southern Beast event does the Four Symbols Pendants and Battle Badge reset after event is over?

The badges don't carry but I think you keep the points until next celestial event? That's what I've heard in this thread.

desverger

Managed to get 5 party members, nerf me:

5Dd51N5.png

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So, I didn't start out with an SSR character (tho I do have an SSR summon somehow). Should I restart...? Currently on Chapter 5.

Azusa

So, I didn't start out with an SSR character (tho I do have an SSR summon somehow). Should I restart...? Currently on Chapter 5.

How anyone but you can answer this question? Its your time. If you want grind and hope to pull char. Try.
Or just buy start dash.

Ranmo

If you don't have the patience to re-roll, I'd just keep doing what you're doing. However, if you do have the patience / think you're in for the long run I would encourage you to re-roll.

commish

how anyone but you can answer this question? Its your time. If you want grind ant hope to pull char. Or just buy start dash.

In some games, it doesn't really matter if you start out with character X because you'll get a bunch of better characters along the way or no content really requires it. In other games, if you start out with a weak character, you severely hinder your progression. I don't want to continue down this path if I would save myself some headache later by rerolling.

garath

What's your SSR summon? There's a few key SSR gatcha summons that are worth keeping.

Edit: a bigger answer..

An SSR char can definitely give you a leg up in Granblue. They don't really fall from trees. We recently had an event which gave everyone a chance at a few but really you'll do some pulls with crystals during legend fest each month and slowly build up the roster over time. Or spend money. They don't come quickly. And your team building will depend a lot on which ones you stumble into.

That said, there's only a few SSR units that will make an immediate and strong impact in your early game. The foremost being Yoda. All others are either just going to be a part of your element team or in a lot of cases, benched because you don't have the supporting team members.

I rerolled about 40 times and started with an SSR Ferri. I used her and she helped but right now my strongest teams don't even use her.

Plus the game puts an IP lock on rerolls now after 10 anyways. So might as well just go with what you've got.

Azusa

In some games, it doesn't really matter if you start out with character X because you'll get a bunch of better characters along the way or no content really requires it. In other games, if you start out with a weak character, you severely hinder your progression. I don't want to continue down this path if I would save myself some headache later by rerolling.

I didnt reroll and just whaled down the road. It didnt bother me at all.

commish

Thx for the feedback everyone. I'm almost at another 10-roll, so I'll try that and then restart ONCE (all I have patience for) since I'm not very far in.

garath

Hey, anyone try buying mobacoins through the Android app recently? I remember clicking through it last month and seeing the 3000 coin package automatically get converted to USD through Google play. However when I clicked through it today, it is still showing yen. I don't want to get smacked with a conversion fee or anything from my credit card if I can avoid it.

Ranmo

Hey, anyone try buying mobacoins through the Android app recently? I remember clicking through it last month and seeing the 3000 coin package automatically get converted to USD through Google play. However when I clicked through it today, it is still showing yen. I don't want to get smacked with a conversion fee or anything from my credit card if I can avoid it.

While I can't speak for Granblue, I do this all the time on the PSO2 ES app and it never converts for me. That being said I don't get inflated prices.

It even tells me I get taxed 375 yen (5000 yen purchase) for my states tax rate lol.

Also while you're at it, how much is the 10 roll in yen or usd?

h0tp0ck3t

While I can't speak for Granblue, I do this all the time on the PSO2 ES app and it never converts for me. That being said I don't get inflated prices.

It even tells me I get taxed 375 yen (5000 yen purchase) for my states tax rate lol.

Also while you're at it, how much is the 10 roll in yen or usd?

Its like 25-26 USD

garath

Ok. Good to know.

I actually figured it out too. I have Google play credit. If I initate a purchase under the credit amount it shows in USD and coming from my Google play account. If I initiate a purchase over the credit amount it shows in yen and coming from my credit card.

So safest approach is to load a little more money into Google play and buy.

I'm tempted to buy like 300 coins and do a few of the reduced daily pulls for the fun of it. It's like a dollar per pull so why not. It'd be a good small test before dropping $30 into the game too.

garath

How do you guys farm materials to skill up weapons? I was a little spoiled with all the mats we got from the daily 10 pulls. I haven't skilled up a single weapon in a week though.

Azusa

How do you guys farm materials to skill up weapons? I was a little spoiled with all the mats we got from the daily 10 pulls. I haven't skilled up a single weapon in a week though.

to farm fodder you can kill all hard magnas(omegas) 25AP. Every day.
You farm valor points, fodder and gold/silver anima.

This was probably missed because it was at the end of the page, but how do you actually use the salted emails? Do you just put a number after your regular Gmail? Or do you have to set it up somewhere?

Ranmo

Where's the english translation? I can't find it on the store.

It's not on the NA store. You either download the japanese app off of a jp app store, download it from something like QooApp, go directly to the website via mobile phone or mobile browser emulation in chrome on PC, or download the chrome app from the chrome app store (which isn't region locked).

It's just a language setting. Not a NA release.

garath

to farm fodder you can kill all hard magnas(omegas) 25AP. Every day.
You farm valor points, fodder and gold/silver anima.

Wow. That's a lot of grinding. I currently do Leviathan and tiamat hard magnas daily and rarely rarely see a SR weapon. Guess I'll have to step it up.

Azusa

Wow. That's a lot of grinding. I currently do Leviathan and tiamat hard magnas daily and rarely rarely see a SR weapon. Guess I'll have to step it up.

Its not. If you have good weapon pool and you utilize AT (strike time) you can one shot it. Maybe at lover levels its hard. Then don't farm them. Rely on events and omega leeching.

garath

Its not. If you have good weapon pool and you utilize AT (strike time) you can one shot it. Maybe at lover levels its hard. Then don't farm them. Rely on events and omega leeching.

It takes me about 10min to solo kill a hard magna without an element advantage with my wind team. It's not terrible but not great either. I have a long way to go but getting my weapon pool up is critical to doing that so I guess I should just step it up.

Faynwulf

What are the XP Boost Weapons/Summons good for? I thought they might be level fodder, but I can't give them to any of my stuff.

draw4wild

What's the best source of AP pots? Between summoning my own magnas, all my hard magnas, star halo, and trying to progress the story I burn through my AP as fast as I get it. I don't want to start burning through my 1/2 pots if I can't replenish them

Is there a guide for doing that, i finally connected by pc account to my phone mobage/qooapp.

Nirran

Anyway to get an invite to the new gaf crew? Group C Id: 10356570. Just finished chapter 4 and enjoying the game so far. Some stuff is still a bit confusing, but I bet I'll figure it out in due time.

Top Bottom