• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

So you definitely want to save your crystals for the 10 draw as the rates seem pretty low in this game right?

I have poo summons which I'd like to fix but otherwise Ala Alba's account is treating me well.

garath

So you definitely want to save your crystals for the 10 draw as the rates seem pretty low in this game right?

I have poo summons which I'd like to fix but otherwise Ala Alba's account is treating me well.

Save crystals for 10 draws and legfest. It's a rate up event that generally happens once a month or so where the SSR rate doubles from 3% to 6%. That's really the best time to pull.

MiTYH

So, for veterans:

1. What's the best way to make money? Assume I only have enough to be risky in the Poker scenario

2. What's the best way to get materials to upgrade your weapons?

3. Same for summons?

4. Is there a guide for the skills characters get upon level up? (I assume?) I'm currently working on a mix between dailies to uncap my SSRs and story mode to get up to 50 AP and do some bigger hosting raids

Rixa

There are great summons in game which you can obtain by playing game (ie grind). No gacha luck needed. Also there are really poor summons in gacha too.

Normal rate for SSR is around 3% and on Legend Fest its 6%. LegFest usually is at the end of month.

So, for veterans:

1. What's the best way to make money? Assume I only have enough to be risky in the Poker scenario

2. What's the best way to get materials to upgrade your weapons?

3. Same for summons?

4. Is there a guide for the skills characters get upon level up? (I assume?) I'm currently working on a mix between dailies to uncap my SSRs and story mode to get up to 50 AP and do some bigger hosting raids

1. Coop and sell coop stuff to store
2. Dailies, depending daily & weapon. Also Angel Halos give some stuff.
-> See my Guide about Angel Halos
3. Under the same tab were Daily is. You find summon battles. They rotate every 3 days, currently its Ifrit (Fire) summon (2 days to go).
-> I grinded my Dark summon from 0 copies to MLB in 3 days time, used over 60 ½ AP pots.
4. Google doc SSR char spreadsheet.

Save crystals for 10 draws and legfest. It's a rate up event that generally happens once a month or so where the SSR rate doubles from 3% to 6%. That's really the best time to pull.

There are great summons in game which you can obtain by playing game (ie grind). No gacha luck needed. Also there are really poor summons in gacha too.

Normal rate for SSR is around 3% and on Legend Fest its 6%. LegFest usually is at the end of month.

Gotcha, sounds a lot like when you should roll during Puzzle and Dragons' Godfest.

Falk

that puzzling face

In other words don't skip leg day fest.

SephiZack

So I have the 30k katana, the 15k talisman and some SR katanas. How do I limit break the 30k katana? I can't find the option to "reduce" the SR katanas to get the katana stones.

Uthred

So I have the 30k katana, the 15k talisman and some SR katanas. How do I limit break the 30k katana? I can't find the option to "reduce" the SR katanas to get the katana stones.

Go to your inventory, click on the weapon you want to break, hit reduce, hit ok

draw4wild

No, if your guild mate open the fight to guild then you're stuck with that list until its gone. That's why it's not a good idea to open everything to the guild at the first chance you got, typing code into the chat and asking for help is much better. The way around that is to use tweetdeck to search for the fight you want on twitter - which is what a lot of people are using.

Can someone explain this to me? I don't know Twitter too well, Is tweet deck an app? My list is always filled up with hard mode Colussus that I have no desire to fight

bjork

I got an SSR summon called Grani, it's water type. But it says 150% boost to chain burst, and I have no idea how to make that happen. It happened once on accident, ha.

Not sure if it's been said before, but for the upcoming SF collab, you can only bring fist-type characters.

So time to level up those R/SR ones if you don't got any. (Gaidazou!)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man this game is so confusing. There seems to be so much going on, and not much explanation.

What are the EP red dots for?

Re: weapons, I don't actually equip them on a character... i just "equip" a bunch that apply to everyone, with one "main" weapon?

bjork

Man this game is so confusing. There seems to be so much going on, and not much explanation.

Re: weapons, I don't actually equip them on a character... i just "equip" a bunch that apply to everyone, with one "main" weapon?

EP red dots went down for me when I hopped on a raid, not sure if that's their only use.

garath

Ep red dots are for raids. You can enter some low level ones to my recollection or the event ones for sure.

From home page, click on quests then the red raid button. There are two tabs. Regular raid which will cycle normal raid battles and the event tab which will cycle event related raids.

Weapons are a shared pool correct. The one you equip as your "main" determines your character's element. The rest of the weapons in the pool contribute to the overall strength of the party through attack ratings and skills. The ultimate guide in the OP does a halfway decent job explaining it but we can help clarify it further. It took me awhile to get it myself. English helps though lol.

OceanBlue

I've been able to do raids and I'm not rank 10 yet.

Used my Start Dash to get Sophia. I probably should have saved it but she's cute so it's fine lol.

Quonny

Hmm i think i'm too low level for raids.

You're never too low level for raids/events. Especially events.

As the health of the event bosses drop, their EP usage does as well. When they're like 15% health, they cost 1 EP. Best strategy for noobies is to wait until the event bosses are low enough health to cost 1 EP, hit the boss once, then leave (blue button, not the red button). You'll get some rewards and loot without having done much of anything. Collect your loot once the boss dies in the "Pending Battles" tab under the raids.

I've done that strategy exclusively and raked in ~30k points these past couple days.

bjork

I beat the 15 stamina Tiamat raid with no helpers.

It took 26 minutes, heh. I kinda like this game. I don't know that I'll dive in deep because I am really not liking the menus outside of combat, but the rest of it is super great.

draw4wild

I hate poker so much and I can't wait to have enough coins to always do bingo. The game trolls you so much with kings and 3S only to flip an ace and 2.

Sitting at 40k now and I think at 100k and I can do the 1k bet in 5 person rooms

MiTYH

So what's everyone using for their set-skill? I've almost unlocked Dark Fencer, but I've been running Quick Strike to boost the multi-hitrate, seems to help a little bit. Looking for better options though

h0tp0ck3t

what are the cerulean stones used for? I know the sparks are for gacha but got a message yesterday saying my sparks were converted to stones and can't see a place to use them

draw4wild

Ok. How do you get Cerulean stones/sparks?

Every pull from premium gacha will give you a spark. 300 sparks during a current period can be traded for and item in the gacha. This was done to avoid people spending thousands of dollars and not get the characters they wanted. At the end of the period, sparks will automatically be converted to stones

Anko

Every pull from premium gacha will give you a spark. 300 sparks during a current period can be traded for and item in the gacha. This was done to avoid people spending thousands of dollars and not get the characters they wanted. At the end of the period, sparks will automatically be converted to stones

every pull you do in a gatcha period, nets you one spark

sparks are converted to stones after the end of a gatcha period

That is 300 pulls * 300 yen = 90,000 yen. It's still no small joke but that's nice of them I guess...

dennism

Post the error.

Sometimes the login succeeds but you get an error. Try going to the game page again. If you've logged in the game will load.

不正な遷移が行われました. 最初からやり直してください.

this is what i get

Anko

不正な遷移が行われました. 最初からやり直してください.

this is what i get

Go to the game page. It should load. Otherwise, just try logging in again. This error comes up sometimes. Nothing to it other than to retry.

Edit: Uhm. Yeah.

That is 300 pulls * 300 yen = 90,000 yen. It's still no small joke but that's nice of them I guess...

it's silly that a SSR and a SR costs the same through this

they should at least lower the costs to trade for a SR and a R so people can maybe trade in for something after like a leg fes

Moonlight

Banned
Where can I find water tomes? I have two or three units, all water, at max and I can't uncap them.
There's a weekly in a couple hours where you can grind them. You can also trade Cerulean stones for them at the Cerulean Stone shop at the Store. I have tons of them, but don't know where I got them.

Top Bottom