• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

MormaPope

Banned
It's weird. I loved the SP but i have zero hype for the MP yet.

I would be incredibly hyped for the multiplayer if Microsoft wasn't dangling a console ban and account ban hammer over my head. This is over the Costa Rica/Bosnia/Oman shit. In hindsight getting free shit was not worth potentially missing out on GTA online action.

On another note, for those playing, how is performance/lag thus far? Equivalent to single player performance wise? Better? Worse?

DogMeat77

In a weird situation myself. Hyped as fuck, but due to my internet connection & my region ... doubt I'll be able to play at all! Like there is a this small sliver of hope that my connection won't suck like it does for every game I've tried ever ... hope!

image.php

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
In what way? Do you mean they are not the same as the single player graphics?

Yup. The aliasing "jaggies" seems alot worse and the textures seem lower. Also the shadows seem to be missing. At the moment its night time but I'll wait until it gets to day time.

I'll take some snaps then compare to the single player.

Dmax3901

Rockstar gave us ample warning that this would be a 'beta' of sorts, y'all need to keep your expectations in check.

But a poster above said it was terrible. Who am I supposed to believe?

That initial cutscene was a better "city intro" than the campaign. I guess it makes sense from the character's perspective since your online character is fresh to the city, but still. It's not amazing or anything, but it stuck out to me.

MormaPope

Banned
WTf @ the GTAOnline intro being a better "LA" intro than the singleplayer.

I liked the single player intro better, it showed the perspectives and backstory that would make up a lot of the story.

GTA Online showed streets literally popping and a tennis match. Not bad for the online component, ambitious type of intro in some ways, but it wasn't as good as the single player intro. The online intro felt corny, but not in a bad way.

I liked the single player intro better, it showed the perspectives and backstory that would make up a lot of the story.

GTA Online showed streets literally popping and a tennis match. Not bad for the online component, ambitious type of intro, but it wasn't as good as the single player intro.

I'm not talking about pop-in or any technical stuff, just how it introduced the setting. Way better camera angles and classic "Los Angeles in movies" lighting.

MormaPope

Banned
Judging from the mini map, your character in GTA Online has a much larger meter for armor and possibly more health. The special ability meter has been replaced for a longer armor meter, probably meaning you are more protected in GTA Online.

I'm not talking about pop-in or any technical stuff, just how it introduced the setting. Way better camera angles and classic "Los Angeles in movies" lighting.

Thing is, the idea of something opening up with "welcome to _______!" seems really forced and corny. No GTA has really done it like that, usually the main character is picked up at an airport, dock, or in GTA V's case the characters have been simply living there.

NeoGiff

This is strange. No update here yet and I'm in Ireland (UK seems to have the update). I deleted the cache and everything...oh well.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Judging from the mini map, your character in GTA Online has a much larger meter for armor and possibly more health. The special ability meter has been replaced for a longer armor meter, probably meaning you are more protected in GTA Online.

So no special abilitys in GTAO?

h00ters

Waiting for this opening race you have to compete in but just stuck in a lobby. Can chat to others but no names populating the screen.

abracadaver

I think you could trigger updates by doing a network test (on 360)

Im not sure if it works for game updates as well or just system updates but you could try that

Can you start GTA Online at the start of the game? Just curious, as while me and my brother have finished the game, he's yet to actually start the game on his profile he's using for online.

Top Bottom