• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

DogMeat77

Don't mind me. I'll just be waiting for the PS3 update.

waiting.gif

meep!

Neo Member
Are you guys just selecting the Online menu to get the update or do you restart the game for the update to appear?

cormack12

Gold Member
Where did you get this haircut?

I got it from the barbers closest to Michaels house. It's a posh one. It also has a random event in their - money gets stolen and you have to get it back. If you do the random event though you can't get your hair cut until a few hours later. Think the style is called 'slicker'

Lewpy

Banned
Has its own intro, to set the scene. Nothing spectacular, but more that what Red Dead Redemption offered.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So far I've joined 2 games and been booted instantly...

The character creation is pretty shit. Not much to change your player. So many people will look the same.

Wait... If I start up GTA Online, will my ~40% progress get erased?? Will I need to watch out for autosaves? No idea how this works

I rebooted the console and the save returned. Not sure what happened.

mancan92

Banned
OMG this is awesome. It seemlessly added 4 players to a mission i was doing and we had an awesome 4 way chase for some drugs. this shit is already crazy.

ekim

So how does this work? You have an instanced world and during missions you can add other players? Or are these other players also available in free roam?

MormaPope

Banned
No it is just shit sorry. It has nothing on that brilliant singleplayer.

Well, GTA Online probably wasn't created for story telling or narrative purposes.

As for the character creation, most of the cosmetic stuff will have to be bought. Haircuts, clothes, facial hair, you name it. Having a diverse character creator for a progression system built on buying stuff or unlocks wasn't going to happen.

RDR had a metric shit ton of unlocks, you couldn't even use a horse as a mount until you leveled up to a certain level.

BraXzy

OMG this is awesome. It seemlessly added 4 players to a mission i was doing and we had an awesome 4 way chase for some drugs. this shit is already crazy.

Noooo. I'm on my way to university, won't be able to get on for like 9 hours, why couldn't I start back tomorrow!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's weird. I loved the SP but i have zero hype for the MP yet.

Come on Ms. Chen!

I love the single player but honestly the multiplayer is what I'm most excited for. I spend dozens of hours in GTA IV's free roam. The idea of having all of these missions active as if playing single player just seems crazy.

Twinduct

In a weird situation myself. Hyped as fuck, but due to my internet connection & my region ... doubt I'll be able to play at all! Like there is a this small sliver of hope that my connection won't suck like it does for every game I've tried ever ... hope!

Top Bottom