• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I'm more excited about the Beach Bum pack. I have about 25 Mil in the back so the stimulus isn't going to woo me back. New content will!

malfcn

What a dirty trick..someone pulled up in a car and honked the horn. I didn't have access to the vehicle and they killed me. Trust no one.

Like others, my stimulus was waiting for me when I logged in just now. Hooray. Time to go nuts!!!!
What a dirty trick..someone pulled up in a car and honked the horn. I didn't have access to the vehicle and they killed me. Trust no one.
Similarly, a stranger killed me when he came up, honked for me to get in. I was busy, so I saluted, and walked away. He killed me as I was walking away. I was flabbergasted.

Striker

I got put into a full game after a mission once, so I pulled up a stranger and honked to let him in. It was locked and he kept trying to get in. I changed it so he can and honked again, but he just shot me instead. He did end up driving away in my truck - s'pose I need to put those ignition bombs in one of my vehicles...

I played earlier and didn't have the money from Rockstar. I guess I'll hop on soon to see.

E92 M3

Hey guys, here's a fun tip: If you're car is unlocked and someone jacks it -- change the setting back to "No One or Friends" and they automatically get ejected.

wow just got done playing call of duty.
i hit the multiplayer button and it puts me into a lobby, and the lobby fills up near instantly, and then the game starts 15 seconds later.

i have never seen that happen in GTA. makes me sad. traded it in.

shermas

I'm still trying to play this game, but the matchmaking is so flawed... So much time is spent staring at the invite screen, it's mind boggling. How could rockstar butcher it so badly?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, here's a fun tip: If you're car is unlocked and someone jacks it -- change the setting back to "No One or Friends" and they automatically get ejected.

There also seems to be a (new?) option in the quick menu that says "Empty personal vehicle". I guess this would just kick everybody out. Could be pretty hilarious if you were watching from a heli as a joy rider was burning down the highway...

There's another option in there I didn't notice before that says "Request personal vehicle", which I guess automatically calls the Mechanic. Maybe slightly quicker than fumbling with the phone.

Btw, does anyone know exactly how Ignition Bombs work? I tried rigging my ride last night, and left it looking pleasant in a car park. Access was set to "Everyone". Watching from another nearby car, someone takes the bait, but there's no explosion... they do a couple of donuts in the car park, get back in their own car and leave.

I was a bit bummed, so I went back to customs and it seemed like it wasn't installed (had to buy another one). So I did, and set up the trap again, this time setting access to "No one". Someone else comes along, and of course the car is locked, so they can't get in and they leave. I unlock it and ask my friend to try getting in. We fell about laughing when naturally it explodes on cue, but why didn't it work the first time?

Ploid 3.0

anybody know why??

It's assumed because people were making millions in the LSC glitch and they didn't want people spreading it around, or laundering it to clean accounts if they had plans to bann people. I think it's too late for them banning people though. Too many people did the glitch hah.

erawsd

Logged in and got my money.

tumblr_maiq5e3YMb1qfrkf9o3_250.gif

Still not really interested in playing until heists show up.

It's assumed because people were making millions in the LSC glitch and they didn't want people spreading it around, or laundering it to clean accounts if they had plans to bann people. I think it's too late for them banning people though. Too many people did the glitch hah.
wtf.. what kind of glitch??

Logged in and got my money.

tumblr_maiq5e3YMb1qfrkf9o3_250.gif

Still not really interested in playing until heists show up.

that was literally my next question lol. anybody know when they will release heists missions??

Ploid 3.0

wtf.. what kind of glitch??

The Los Santos Customs car sell glitch. You could sell Adder or any expensive car back to back without losing the car. It was fast money, and since there was rumors of people getting banned I guess they started off loading the money on alternate accounts somehow. A gaffer mentioned he cleaned his money during that time. I don't know how he did but I suppose there were people working together to hold and pass the money to their alts.

Since Rockstar kept nerfing the reward of every good money making method in the game more people went to the Los Santos Customs glitch. Now I suspect there are too many users of the glitch to ban them all. The glitch still works but in a lower pay, and longer process mode.

This video shows the glitch.
http://youtu.be/Ebnn7v-IlLc

This is of a guy talking about the cheater pool. I guess they are getting people but not everyone. None of my characters are there.
http://youtu.be/Mcanqas6eVQ

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Kinda sad to see this thread dying along with Online. R* really had a winner on their hands with this game. If anyone can turn it around, it's them.

I still play a lot, but I don't want to post in this bitter thread any more. I guess most regular players are just playing and not complaining, leaving this thread for the malcontent. I only popped in to see if the GTA$ were out yet. I see it's out, that's cool :)

Data Ghost

I just stopped playing this game a couple of weeks ago and havent loaded it up since. I need to get back on before the PS4 arrives or I may sell the 360 and never return.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I played for a little bit tonight but after I got my cash and banked it, I got attacked by 2 guys in a car and when I killed them with a sticky bomb I got slapped with Bad Sport, the Dunce cap and now have to wait 2 days to get out of the Bat Sport servers, which I might add have HEAPS of people in them.

Ploid 3.0

I played for a little bit tonight but after I got my cash and banked it, I got attacked by 2 guys in a car and when I killed them with a sticky bomb I got slapped with Bad Sport, the Dunce cap and now have to wait 2 days to get out of the Bat Sport servers, which I might add have HEAPS of people in them.

Ok, so the things that split the community.

Auto Target / no auto target / bad sport / cheater pool

And in each of these splits players have to find people with a pretty bad match maker for the events they want to do. Bad invite system that's easily missed or mistaken for a npc sending you spam when you're not paying attention to it.

It seem like a majority of players could possibly be in bad sport. Maybe some stay there on purpose even. What are the negatives of bad sport? Can you not invite or join events with other bad sport members?

KAP151

Poor Floral Undies. He doesnt like being capped in the head. So he freezes my Xbox with the Tow Truck glitch (Which he thinks he is some masterful hacker for doing so).

Z6V6yD.jpg

Bad move on his behalf.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Ok, so the things that split the community.

Auto Target / no auto target / bad sport / cheater pool

And in each of these splits players have to find people with a pretty bad match maker for the events they want to do. Bad invite system that's easily missed or mistaken for a npc sending you spam when you're not paying attention to it.

It seem like a majority of players could possibly be in bad sport. Maybe some stay there on purpose even. What are the negatives of bad sport? Can you not invite or join events with other bad sport members?
The only negative is that you can't join lobbies with Good Sports, which segregates the community like you said. The Bad Sport lobbies are rife with people just causing mayhem on the streets, usually in tanks, and just constantly murdering each other.

Ploid 3.0

The only negative is that you can't join lobbies with Good Sports, which segregates the community like you said. The Bad Sport lobbies are rife with people just causing mayhem on the streets, usually in tanks, and just constantly murdering each other.

Well dang, maybe everyone just moved there and now that death isn't that much of a penalty... the real GTA is bad sport rooms!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Well dang, maybe everyone just moved there and now that death isn't that much of a penalty... the real GTA is bad sport rooms!
Pretty much. Thinking about it now, it's not such a big deal for me anymore - the people I were playing with when GTAO launched have now moved onto BF4/COD....

wizzbang

Banned
How do you change your license plate online? Can you not do it?
I made a custom plate and Franklyn now has what I'm after but my online dude just has a shitty random plate - no orders went to him?

Batigol

Banned
I was in the bad sport lobby for 4 days and it was awesome.

It's like a gang warfare out there. No one is trying to do missions or anything. Just straight up killing. Reminded me of GTA IV online.

Pretty sure I'm going back there for 8 days since my tank blew about 8 cars last night in the regular lobby. Armoured trucks and other tanks are now personal vehicles :lol

Last night was probably the most fun I had in free roam without friends around in a long time. Saw some guy in a helicopter with a bounty on him so I grabbed one from the adventure parachute place and followed him out of LS towards the bio research facility. The whole way over I would bump into him or try to land right on top of his chopper blades. Finally got him over towards the beach and got one last knock on his blades which sent him too low and he crashed into the ocean.

I landed on the beach as he climbed back up onto the rocks and started lobbing grenades at me. He finally killed me, but I respawned back on top of him and was able to finish the kill. As I get back in my badly beaten helicopter, I receive a text message. "Player has put a bounty on you." I put a bounty right back on him and picked up the cargobob from Trevor's airfield, meanwhile watching his blip. He was making a run for the airport.

A couple other blips were chasing him down but he was making an escape every time, so I decided I'd help them collect the bounty I put on him. Picked up a car with the cargobob and chased him down to the LS airport. He was standing on a beam connecting the parking deck and terminal; I unloaded the car and it sailed down right on top of him. When he respawned he was right near two bounty hunters in their car and I flew out of there.

Eventually some friends logged on and I did some jobs. I eventually got the bounty survival achievement as well. Pretty great night.

RotBot

I was in the bad sport lobby for 4 days and it was awesome.

It's like a gang warfare out there. No one is trying to do missions or anything. Just straight up killing. Reminded me of GTA IV online.

Pretty sure I'm going back there for 8 days since my tank blew about 8 cars last night in the regular lobby. Armoured trucks and other tanks are now personal vehicles :lol

I wish Rockstar would allow anyone to join a Bad Sport lobby, where Bad Sport points are never awarded.

zma1013

Bad sport system needs to go. Can't even defend myself without fear of going into the dunce room, although from what I hear it's awesome... so maybe it's a reward?

Question: Is there a way to turn off auto-aiming at friends? It's really stupid to be in a firefight and accidentally kill off your friend.

cdkee

Banned
I don't even know what they're going to do about the LSC glitch. Everyone already has an Adder. Are they going to ban 50%+ of the people who are still playing? lol

zma1013

I think the solution is pvp and pve servers. No bad sport for blowing up someone's car but you still pay the insurance.

I agree with the pvp and pve servers, but I think they should change it so if someone else blows up the car, neither you or they should have to pay to replace it. Only other instances of blowing up would require insurance cost, such as NPC enemies blowing you up or crashing or whatever. The online game needs to get rid of the penalties associated with playing with other people, it completely goes against the purpose of online play.

Falt

Stimulus came in, yay! Off to LSC I go. About half way through modding my 9F, I get the "kicked from session by other players" message. Jump back into session and I'm 150k down and my newly acquired mods are no where to be seen.

R* pls

Ploid 3.0

Got my tank insured too and in my garage. If anyone blows that bad boy up it costs 12k lol

I think I'm going to log on today just to try to bait people into trying to kill me. It will only work on the already bad people. Yesterday when I logged on I was thinking, "Please don't spawn me next to someone, please." Then I spawned and noticed a guy shooting my car (I guess the car shows up first), so I tried to run the other way but noticed that it was pointless since my car was the closest thing to drive. Then I got shot up before I could select a good weapon in case he shot at me.

Top Bottom