• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Got my tank insured too and in my garage. If anyone blows that bad boy up it costs 12k lol
I sent two people to the bad sport lobby doing this last night. Both were racist assholes that deserved it. Also, if youever see an Adder charging at York tank, GET OUT. lol, got two marks against me for that, one of which I definitely deserved. Seeing that dunce cap on people
your enemies before they leave fills you with such a great feeling, especially knowing what a hell that place is from personal experience.

holly shit lol

You can have it delivered to you from your mechanic and set access to "friends/crew only". Insurance deductible is 18k for mine. With the car dupe glitch, I can give everyone their own tank, they just can't get it repaired. The process for getting it into your garage takes a while too.

now if only there was a way to get a chrome paint job for it

You can have it delivered to you from your mechanic and set access to "friends/crew only". Insurance deductible is 18k for mine. With the car dupe glitch, I can give everyone their own tank, they just can't get it repaired. The process for getting it into your garage takes a while too.

so when you buy a tank you cant put it in your garage normally??

Ploid 3.0

I was going to attempt to get the tank in my garage, but I need to be level 70 to buy one, and I need to be below 50 to get a cargobob to spawn. I started to try to slowly level up but after about 30 minutes on the same level I went into, "screw this game" mode and turned the console off not even caring to exit to SP to make sure things save.

Imm0rt4l

*Flashbacks of Make em' Say Ugh

zma1013

Got screwed twice within minutes of loading in. First some guy in tank blows me up and for some reason I still had to pay the insurance, and I respawned and was being chased on foot and was running to my garage and Lester calls and my character stops dead sprint just as the tank rounds a corner and kills me again about 20ft from the garage door. Wtf is with Rockstar and thier incessant need on having people call u 50 times an hour and why does it paralyze my guy? So stupid.

so when you buy a tank you cant put it in your garage normally??
No, there are certain vehicles you're not supposed to be able to place in there. There are ways to get armored trucks and jets in your garage.

I was going to attempt to get the tank in my garage, but I need to be level 70 to buy one, and I need to be below 50 to get a cargobob to spawn. I started to try to slowly level up but after about 30 minutes on the same level I went into, "screw this game" mode and turned the console off not even caring to exit to SP to make sure things save.

If you're on PS3, I can get you a tank, then you can use the "insure any vehicle" method to keep it. That way you'll still enjoy the game. Hell, I can drop weapons for you, then just rebuy them.

*Flashbacks of Make em' Say Ugh

Master P was ahead of his time

yeah that is pretty stupid.... wish there was a way to "turn off" your phone

I think there's an option for how many messages you receive.

wizzbang

Banned
How do you change your license plate online? Can you not do it?
I made a custom plate and Franklyn now has what I'm after but my online dude just has a shitty random plate - no orders went to him?

Anyone? Seriously? I'm kind of frustrated, I got a custom SP plate but my MP plate is generic :( did I do something wrong?

AndyVillan

Neo Member
Is there anything better than destroying fools who shoot you/blows up your ride for no reason?
Some chump decides to attack me as I'm going about my merry way, 9 deaths later and he goes into passive mode, not realising I'll just explode his dumb-ass instead. Got to 13-1 up before he leaves the game.
I fucking love revenge

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
How do you change your license plate online? Can you not do it?
I made a custom plate and Franklyn now has what I'm after but my online dude just has a shitty random plate - no orders went to him?

I recently checked the iFruit app again and my online character was there with his currently active vehicle. I put an order down for my custom plate the same way as I did for the single player characters, and now it's in-game.

breakfuss

Think I'm done with this. Hadn't played in 3 weeks - get back on, and it's still a mess. Takes forever to connect. The sessions I do get in have 2 or 3 people. Then, while attempting to connect to another session, it freezes my console. Ain't nobody got time for dat. People can shit on COD all day, but there's a reason it remains king of the hill when it comes to online. I'll probably jump back in next gen. Maybe it's just being held back by that. Could feel differently tomorrow. I doubt it.

Grinchy

Banned
Think I'm done with this. Hadn't played in 3 weeks - get back on, and it's still a mess. Takes forever to connect. The sessions I do get in have 2 or 3 people. Ain't nobody got time for dat. People can shit on COD all day, but there's a reason it remains king of the hill when it comes to online. I'll probably jump back in next gen. Maybe it's just being held back by that. Could feel differently tomorrow. I doubt it.

This is what keeps me from playing more online. I don't have a lot of free time these days, so jumping on to this experience is not how I want to spend it. It's slow and cumbersome, and when it finally works, you're with 3-4 people who may not even know how to play the game. I'm sure it's better for people in huge, active crews. But that's a very small minority of the millions of people who play.

It seems like every week or 2 I try to play, get frustrated, decide not to try anymore, then try again a week or 2 later anyway and have the same experience.

malfcn

Trolling is still broken in this game. You continue to spawn where you were killed, so they can farm. You can enter passive mode, only if you haven't deposited all your money. You can change spawn locations, but you have to dig through menus to do so..

KAP151

Trolling is still broken in this game. You continue to spawn where you were killed, so they can farm. You can enter passive mode, only if you haven't deposited all your money. You can change spawn locations, but you have to dig through menus to do so..

Changing spawn locations doesn't help you if you are being camped, its only when you zone in. But yes, it needs to be fixed.

Nothing worse than finishing a mission, coming back into free roam and having 3 trigger happy people spawn within 20 feet of each other.

And ever since the stimulus, Rockford Hills Eclipse Towers are a fucking hell hole. Why did every single low lvl player buy the same apartment?

wizzbang

Banned
I recently checked the iFruit app again and my online character was there with his currently active vehicle. I put an order down for my custom plate the same way as I did for the single player characters, and now it's in-game.

My online character is on ifruiit too but I don't seem to be able to differentiate plates for SP and MP?

Guess I was wrong about the tank price. I need an extra $450k if I want it. Not even gonna bother with that. Just buying the tank in single player gave me my full. And I'm pretty much done with GTA: Online

Had some fun moments, but it was just one clusterfuck after another. Almost makes me wish it was available the same day the game came out. Seeing such fuck-ups on Day 1 would have almost reminded me of the Simcity 4 fiasco or any more errors that befall major online titles on Day 1

Overall: 3/10. What should have been a month and a half of fun and excitement just left a bad taste in my mouth and makes me glad I'm leaving the current-gen for good in one week.

Grisby

Got my money too. I have fun just flying around the world but god it sucks to get missions and then spend so much time driving to them.

Batigol

Banned
H2bz1Am.jpg

Bad sport for 8 days.

No regrets!

H2bz1Am.jpg

Bad sport for 8 days.

No regrets!
This is fucked. Is it your first stay in hell? Why do they wait for your offenses to be so compounded before sending you there? My first stay was for 24 hours, but while in the bad sport lobby, I blew up two more cars and it got extended for another 24 hours.

Any reason why none of the pictures I have been taking recently have been showing up on the Social Club website?
Could be that you can't save any pictures due to memory being full.

As for those who say you "can't ever find anyone to play with", you ever try the option from the pause menu called "find a new session"?

I just find it incredibly hard that all these people on here are joining to wastelands all the time. Occasionally I join a server with a few people, sometimes I make my own, but if you don't like the server you are on, you don't have to stay there. Find a new server, and then go play. Yea, if you are paused you might die one more time when you are looking, but big deal.

If people from the Gaf crew aren't on, go join one of the countless crews that get spammed in the GTA boards. There are thousands and thousands of people playing this game, the fact that "omg I can't anyone to play with' seems like a lazy excuse to bash the game. "But then I heave to sit through a loading screen for another 20 minutes." Overexaggeration of load times aside, I partially agree, but then think about it, what would you rather be doing - getting pwned by groups of douchebags making you not be able to play the game? Or wait patiently for another minute or two for another session to load. Still bad? Create a crew server. Start a solo session. Don't just keep walking into the fire.

In my eyes, "PATIENCE" is a key word for GTA:O. Loading, levelling, everything. Everyone needs to remember this.

Batigol

Banned
This is fucked. Is it your first stay in hell? Why do they wait for your offenses to be so compounded before sending you there? My first stay was for 24 hours, but while in the bad sport lobby, I blew up two more cars and it got extended for another 24 hours.

It is my fourth stay here lol

And the lobbies are really empty lately. 4-5 people max even after joining new session

jWILL253

Banned
I've just started playing online for the first time, and after the race with Lamar, I've been stuck at the screen where it shows a bunch of tips to the game. Should I just restart the game, or what?

swnny

Just played for first time in weeks, there was an new update (i guess the 1.05 patch that was released few days ago) for my xbox 360 version. Anyone else experiencing full system crashes/freezes?
I got one after like 40-60mins of play... was in the middle of some online mission when the game froze, but the music from the game's non-stop-pop radio continued to play... I tried to hit the Xbox Guide button and heard the dashboard sound, but the menu didn't pop, so I had to turn off the system using the power button...
So, is it just me, or there are others with the same problem? Any ideas for fixing it?

Reule

You may or may not want to check your garages. Reading around that people are missing vehicles from garages or having them revert back a week. Stimulus 2.0?

Just played for first time in weeks, there was an new update (i guess the 1.05 patch that was released few days ago) for my xbox 360 version. Anyone else experiencing full system crashes/freezes?
I got one after like 40-60mins of play... was in the middle of some online mission when the game froze, but the music from the game's non-stop-pop radio continued to play... I tried to hit the Xbox Guide button and heard the dashboard sound, but the menu didn't pop, so I had to turn off the system using the power button...
So, is it just me, or there are others with the same problem? Any ideas for fixing it?
Had a freeze online about two hours after the recent update, PS3 version. Same thing happened, I heard the radio but screen was frozen. I haven't had any other lock ups since then though.

This just happened.
Best Taxi, ever?(I don't have a capture card)

I was lazy and called a Taxi to go to the city, I was doing some stuff in my pc, when I hear him swearing a lot, and... he was doing that... after 6 minutes, the car was so damaged that the engine turned off and the taxi driver ran away yelling. (The good thing is I didn't pay, and without police)

Top Bottom