• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying this is definitely going to be my GOTY, but it doesn't have to fulfill much of the hype to be my GOTY. I'm looking forward to this game more than any other in recent memory, and I'm glad it's now days away.

Prologue

Has any other game been under tight shipping schedules? Halo 3 got leaked like a month early and here we are drooling over our first leak, a map, from a strategy guide!

dreamfall

GTA6, I think the added number means it sells better.
At least now a days that's what most companies think.

Plus, the numbers always seemed to indicate a transition to a new generation. Which is why labeling it as GTA V is different. Here it almost feels like the definitive close of the generation.

In less than one week around this time, we will be discussing all of our playthroughs!

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not saying this is definitely going to be my GOTY, but it doesn't have to fulfill much of the hype to be my GOTY. I'm looking forward to this game more than any other in recent memory, and I'm glad it's now days away.

Same, I was really looking forward to Animal Crossing though...

Plus, the numbers always seemed to indicate a transition to a new generation. Which is why labeling it as GTA V is different. Here it almost feels like the definitive close of the generation.

In less than one week around this time, we will be discussing all of our playthroughs!

I think it means a major change or upgrade, so that's why this is 5 and not GTA: LS or whatever.
But major change includes next generation upgrade as well.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

In one week, a lot of people here, won't be here.

un1que

Has any other game been under tight shipping schedules? Halo 3 got leaked like a month early and here we are drooling over our first leak, a map, from a strategy guide!

I know, I'm amazed it hasn't been leaked yet. Wonder what they did different?

Andrew.

Banned

I was just at GS grabbing a copy of Puppeteer and seeing if the store was doing a midnight launch. I also asked if they already got copies in and the salesperson said they arent even coming in until the 16th.

R* is keeping this shit on lockdown.

Currrent Gen consoles also have a much larger install base than 5 years ago, so the "PC has a bigger market now" point is not really the best argument

I think the argument holds just fine. PC's are more more mainstream now, seeing better and more frequent ports. Whether Rockstar see's it that way is entirely up in the air, as they've always done what they want, when they want.

PureGone

Banned
GTA6, I think the added number means it sells better.
At least now a days that's what most companies think.

Its going to be next gen, they would need to have a number to signify a large improvement. They are probably going to save the non number names for handheld and ios titles.

Prologue

I know, I'm amazed it hasn't been leaked yet. Wonder what they did different?

I was just at GS grabbing a copy of Puppeteer and seeing if the store was doing a midnight launch. I also asked if they already got copies in and the salesperson said they arent even coming in until the 16th.

R* is keeping this shit on lockdown.

Good on them. I usually get my games early but if everyone gets it closer to release, the less likely someone will get spoiled.

I hope the story is worth it.

When I worked it UK game retail it was fairly common for something like this to happen. You have to remember game leaks are not always from stores. Stolen discs from printing factories, people being paid off at distribution hubs, cracked files from Pnet. For instance the Halo Reach leak came from a group of people that secured the compressed files hosted on Xbox servers and worked for 3 days to convert it into a bootable ISO.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Its going to be next gen, they would need to have a number to signify a large improvement. They are probably going to save the non number names for handheld and ios titles.

Yeah I was saying that the next big GTA title will be GTA 6.
After GTA V of course.

I wonder how long it will take to walk from one end of the map to the other.

Probably juuust long enough to pass the time until GTA VI

I think GTA V will be the only game I'll need for the rest of the year

Hmmm, not sure I like the sound of that.

I loved past GTA games for the hidden collactables. Cutting through an alley or turning a corner then finding some goodies was reason enough to go on foot for the most.

I hated RDR for not having a reason to explore every nook and cranny, other than boredom or curiousity.

I'm with you that I loved how jam packed GTA:SA was with goodies... unique weapons, a spray paint thing, horsehoe, package, etc. I felt like that was really lacking from GTAIV. But, I disagree about RDR... RDR did collectibles so well, the "Journal" made exploring the wilderness just awesome. It was pretty lame, but I really liked the challenge of having to collect all of the herbs (especially in an area like tall trees where you would get 10 of those things and then be petrified that a bear or cougar would take you out), the treasure map stuff, and the hunting expert challenges.

Also a nice touch is that throughout the whole game, NPCs are giving hints about how to do those challenges, but it's easy to miss. If you play poker in a given area, they'll mention treasure nearby or the great bear up at the top of the mountain, things that you have to find as part of those ambient quests.

AEREC

What's wrong with it? It was plenty informative and it fit the rules. We're not allowed to have 300 post OTs anymore and I'm glad we don't. We don't need to act as the game's PR and marketing departments.

Information wise it's fine. Presentation wise it's ass ugly...I mean images and text are cut-off and the picture alignment is all over the place.

Just odd to see everyone saying how great the OT is when it just looks sloppy.

antitrop

"I'm naked, Lazlow! I'm naked!"

"I... You know, I really didn't need to know that!"

"Why Lazlow, why? Does it offend you? I was born naked, I'm gonna die naked! I'm going to live naked! So there! There's nothing wrong with being naked! It's so invigorating feeling the hot leather of a chair, or the cool wind from the North on your naked body."

"I... I... I'm gonna have to cut you off!"

"Don't you believe in free speech, and free expression? No, of course you don't: All you believe in is free drinks! I'm naked and there's not a damn thing you can do about it! I'm naked and I feel so good!"

"What about winter?"

"What d'you mean?"

"You know... I mean... What about winter? When the wind blows, and it's really cold... I mean, do you prance about like a ninny waiting for your privates to go blue?"

"I was born naked and I'm gonna die naked!!"

"Hehe... And all shriveled up by the sound of things!"

Anyone else really not feeling GTA IV yet still super excited for this one?

Feels weird, since I loved the anticipation of the VC and SA releases. Then with GTA IV didnt care about those expansions...

Been a long time

Spazznid

"I'm naked, Lazlow! I'm naked!"

"I... You know, I really didn't need to know that!"

"Why Lazlow, why? Does it offend you? I was born naked, I'm gonna die naked! I'm going to live naked! So there! There's nothing wrong with being naked! It's so invigorating feeling the hot leather of a chair, or the cool wind from the North on your naked body."

"I... I... I'm gonna have to cut you off!"

"Don't you believe in free speech, and free expression? No, of course you don't: All you believe in is free drinks! I'm naked and there's not a damn thing you can do about it! I'm naked and I feel so good!"

"What about winter?"

"What d'you mean?"

"You know... I mean... What about winter? When the wind blows, and it's really cold... I mean, do you prance about like a ninny waiting for your privates to go blue?"

"I was born naked and I'm gonna die naked!!"

"Hehe... And all shriveled up by the sound of things!"

Good thing I can play GTA III on my phone, PS3, PC, and PS2.
I recently re-installed it on all those devices, along with the others, to help with the wait.

Lazlow is on my short list of dude's I'd go gay for if I was really drunk.

Twinduct

Oh god ... I was thinking of it just now. How will it work when playing with Michael in terms of his family? I mean will you get a phone call from them at like 8pm, asking if your coming for dinner and stuff?

Like Trevor is a no brainer, no one cares for him and Franklin might be more in line with people not checking up on him.

But Michael is retired. His family will be kinda use to him being around the house the whole time.

Hard to believe it's only 1 week away. I think the game looks absolutely amazing but for some reason I'm not as totally crazy hyped as I should be. guess I'm busy with other games

Megasoum

Banned
Oh god ... I was thinking of it just now. How will it work when playing with Michael in terms of his family? I mean will you get a phone call from them at like 8pm, asking if your coming for dinner and stuff?

Like Trevor is a no brainer, no one cares for him and Franklin might be more in line with people not checking up on him.

But Michael is retired. His family will be kinda use to him being around the house the whole time.

Michael has been fighting with his family in every single trailers so far so I doubt they will care that much... Especially if the yoga instructor is there to entertain the wife.

Twinduct

Michael has been fighting with his family in every single trailers so far so I doubt they will care that much... Especially if the yoga instructor is there to entertain the wife.

Yeah but he's also been spending time with his son and sitting at the pool and etc.
Even when fighting, they'll still notice his absence.

Maybe if you keep on going out at night with Michael his family might comment on it during scenes with them?

Jb

Hard to believe by this time next week I'll probably be driving around San Andreas after all these years. I'm glad there probably won't be an onslaught of review until a few days after it's out. It sort of spoils the experience in cases like TLOU where reviews are up a couple of weeks before the game. Of course if I had enough self-restraint I just wouldn't read any of that stuff... but I don't.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member

was wondering if when you play as Michael you might notice some of his money is gone.
You come home and see a new sports car...

Eanan

ec4kWdul.jpg

come-on.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom