• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT4 Photo Mode info from the new OPM demo disc

Sorry if this info is old, but the September OPM demo disc feature “Tracking Gran Turismo” mentions that Photo Mode will enable you to do more than just take snapshots. Players will be able to:

- Change lenses (presumably varying the focal length)
- Change filters
- Change the depth of field
- Change film stock
- Add motion blur
- Save pics to the memory card
- Create a slide show for your TV
- Print pics out with a USB printer

There will be 66 locations available for photo shoots. In short, it sounds like you are given complete creative control over your photos. I can see myself spending a lot of time with this.

DCX

DCX
Society said:
Gran Turismo Snap!
Exactly...it's funny i can see the dev team at the round table discussing this: " Hmmm...take pictures of the cars...i like it, ok this is Gran Turismo it has to be the best picture taking in a game EVAR"

DCX

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
I used this feature at E3 and liked it a lot. They even had some really nice photo quality printers available for printing your masterpiece. It's a neat feature.

Brofist

Sounds like a nice little feature...hopefully it was second in prority to tweaking the AI, which is the only in main flaw of the series to this point

You can go online now. Who needs AI? :p I'm sure the AI will be fine this time. They've had 3 years to tweak the mechanics which is the longest time they've had since the series started.

Brofist

Have you seen some lap times on websites of people who play GT games. After getting lapped in 10 consecutive races online, I'll be ready to whoop the computer in single player :p

Yah but if the AI is good, then you won't be able to lap them. :p

Looking at most racers, it seems like good AI is the toughest thing to accomplish. Most racing games don't have good AI. You either get AI that isn't comeptitive at all, or you get AI that's only competitive because it's rubber band based AI like alot of racers. I expect GT4's to atleast be respectable this time which is more than you can say for most racers. Will it be great? Probably not.

Brofist

SolidSnakex said:
Yah but if the AI is good, then you won't be able to lap them. :p

Looking at most racers, it seems like good AI is the toughest thing to accomplish. Most racing games don't have good AI. You either get AI that isn't comeptitive at all, or you get AI that's only competitive because it's rubber band based AI like alot of racers. I expect GT4's to atleast be respectable this time which is more than you can say for most racers. Will it be great? Probably not.

Yeah great is asking too much...all I ask is at least less predictable. Have some cars be more aggressive some races, less in other..and each AI car having a slightly differnt style, etc..

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
kpop100 said:
Yeah great is asking too much...all I ask is at least less predictable. Have some cars be more aggressive some races, less in other..and each AI car having a slightly differnt style, etc..

Yeah but I don't want them to go the EA NFS series route(although it's the easiest), where the same "driver" is always aggressive in each race.

Top Bottom