• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

SiteSeer

i'm going to predict that gameplay wise we've got to get a car from point a to point b under a strict time limit and with deductions on damage, plus a variable upfront cost to get the car which will depend on its sale price. i don't see how rockstar will let us make massive amounts of money on these cars without us jumping through hoops. however they do it, looks fun as all hell.

Have you guys seen the Special Vehicles rumours? There are rumours of:

a Boxville (UPS delivery van) with armour plating, turret, and plow;

a Phantom (prime mover) with plow;

a Ruiner with parachute and weapons;

amphibious Blazer with weapons;

amphibious Technical (barrels for flotation on the sides);

Voltic with rocket booster.

They seem incredibly far fetched, but I would've said the same about the ramp car TBH.

I'd take a Ruiner with the Knight Rider inspiration it's always needed. It'd be cool to use a Voltic in things again. But yeah, that stuff does seem far fetched, especially to be available in the "lobby".

I'd take a Ruiner with the Knight Rider inspiration it's always needed. It'd be cool to use a Voltic in things again. But yeah, that stuff does seem far fetched, especially to be available in the "lobby".
The source for this stuff is apparently 4chan posts, which would make any rational human being laugh. But specifically it's one person, who (if 4chan archives can be trusted) previously correctly predicted everything about the Bikers DLC (down to the smallest details) and the stuff that was just confirmed by Rockstar about the December DLC.

If someone understands 4chan and/or 4chan archives better than me (I wouldn't visit that place for all the tea in China), maybe they can tell us if it's bullshit or not:

https://boards.fireden.net/_/search/tripcode/!CSmUrZluSg/page/1/

It's in reverse chronological order. If that post history is legit then that poster knows their shit.

$5,700,000 supposedly (it's said to be the most expensive vehicle in the new DLC). Start saving.

I saw that, fitting... Apparently you can knock a million off it or something, I'm gonna be broke again. :( Eight million doesn't go so far, kind of wish I stayed on PS3 a little longer and got some modder GTA Fun Bux before transferring to PC a year ago. At least I have some cars I could sell to make some of it back. I'd probably also get the Voltic.

Mastah

MAKER - MODEL - CLASS - CODENAME

Annis - Elegy - Sports - Elegy
Pegassi - Tempesta - Super - Tempesta
Progen - ItaliGTB - Super - Italigtb
Progen - ItaliGTB Custom - Super - Italigtb2
Truffade - Nero - Super - Nero
Truffade - Nero Custom - Super - Nero2
Dewbauchee - Specter - Sports - Specter
Dewbauchee - Specter Custom - Sports - Specter2
Principe - Diabolus - Sports Bike - Diablous
Principe - Diabolus Custom - Sports Bike - Diablous2
Imponte - Ruiner 2000 - Sports - Ruiner2
JoBuilt - Phantom Wedge - Sports - Phantom2
Coil - Rocket Voltic - Rocket Voltic - Voltic2
Ocelot - Penetrator - Super - Penetrator
Mtl - Wastelander - Sports - Wastelander
Pegassi - FCR1000 - Enduro Bike - FCR
Pegassi - FCR1000 Custom - Enduro Bike - FCR2
Pfister - Comet Retro Custom - Sport - Comet2
Imponte - Ruiner 3 - Sport - //
// - Technical Aqua - RatLoader - Technical2
BF - Ramp Buggy - Wedge Dune - Dune4
BF - Ramp Buggy - Wedge Dune - Dune5
Nagasaki - Blazer Aqua -Blazer - Blazer5
// - // - // - Boxville5
// - // - // - Comet3
// - //- // - Elegy2

http://gtaforums.com/topic/860017-next-dlc-speculation-thread/page-1353#entry1069248550

Holy shit this new DLC, can't believe I'm getting hyped.

Truffade Nero has to be the Chiron, better have 140mph top speed and regain the top speed king title.

Someone in the GTA forums posted this, apparently he knows someone / something. Might be fake so take it with a grain of salt:

w0JWe1K.jpg

OkGaPxw.jpg

Cool. I wonder why that lists the regular Elegy at the top though? That brings it to 26 vehicles, when I've always heard 25 for the DLC, and the Elegy moniker is already taken. I'm assuming the Elegy 2 is the R34 we heard about, although it's weird that both that and the Retro Comet only have Custom (Benny's) versions, and not base models too.

My assumptions:

Pegassi Tempesta = Lamborghini Centenario

Truffade Nero = Bugatti Chiron

Ocelot Penetrator = Jaguar XJ220

Progen ItaliGTB = McLaren MSO HS? McLaren P1 GTR? The name does sound like the Ferrari Italia 488GTB, although you'd expect them to badge it as a Grotti if it was based off that.

Dewbauchee Specter = Aston Martin DB11? Which is weird because it looks so similar to the other Dewbauchees already in the game; I would've guessed Vulcan, but it's only in the Sports class, not Super. EDIT: Maybe the Aston Martin Lagonda Taraf? There are a few fast four doors in the Sports class.

Mastah

Cool. I wonder why that lists the regular Elegy at the top though? That brings it to 26 vehicles, when I've always heard 25 for the DLC, and the Elegy moniker is already taken. I'm assuming the Elegy 2 is the R34 we heard about, although it's weird that both that and the Retro Comet only have Custom (Benny's) versions, and not base models too.

Because Elegy we have now is officially called Elegy RH8.

Because Elegy we have now is officially called Elegy RH8.

The codenames always seem to be a single word without spaces, e.g. Tornado, Tornado2, Tornado3, etc. I would've thought that the existing Elegy RH8 would be Elegy, and any new version would be Elegy2, etc.

Mastah

According to GTA Wiki, Elegy RH8 has ELEGY2 codename.

If I had to guess, Elegy2 from coming update may be some kind of updated Elegy RH8 or simply current one to buy at Benny's or something like that.

According to GTA Wiki, Elegy RH8 has ELEGY2 codename.

If I had to guess, Elegy2 from coming update may be some kind of updated Elegy RH8 or simply current one to buy at Benny's or something like that.

Yeah doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? If the existing one is Elegy2, then you'd think the stock and Benny versions of the R34 would be Elegy and Elegy3, or Elegy3 and Elegy4. There's no reason why Elegy2 should be repeated.

Looking at the Comet for example, they went with Comet2 and Comet3 (which I'm assuming will be the stock and Benny versions of the Retro Comet).

So I got onto GTAO (PC) for the first time in a while and holy shit every lobby I went into had modders and all but one of them the modder was dropping money.

Yep, PC version without friends or a random public lobbies is a mess. I'm usually playing a "private" public lobby (closing my router doors) or a crew session.

Still, I couldn't trade the 60fps I have for the console versions.

Lol having modders drop free money every session is "a mess"? Seriously? Sounds like a friggin' utopia to me, but I guess keep grinding away needlessly if that's what you prefer.

Most modders I come across are pretty good natured, I've made a lot of hacker friends on GTAO. Definitely find the PC community more fun to be around than those on console, console servers are absolute dogshit in comparison, with every single player being a potential enemy/hydra whore, peeps on PC are actually pretty kind and inviting in my experiences, I couldn't tell you the last time I needed to turn passive mode on.

Striker

I will probably buy all the armored cars to complete my collection and the limo, always liked it.
I own the Schafter V12 armored version and that's all. I did have the XLS but sold it because I needed more money at the time. I would probably rather have that but eh.

I am up to $6.1M right now and bought two bikes recently. Hoping some of these new cars aren't priced up the ass, but we know they will. At least I'll get one! :(

I own the Schafter V12 armored version and that's all. I did have the XLS but sold it because I needed more money at the time. I would probably rather have that but eh.

I am up to $6.1M right now and bought two bikes recently. Hoping some of these new cars aren't priced up the ass, but we know they will. At least I'll get one! :(

Yeah, the new cars will cost an arm and a leg. I was thinking about getting the FMJ but gave up, just got the armored cars for my collection (Baller / LWB, Cognoscenti / 55, XLS, Turreted Limo). Already had the Kuruma, the Schafter V12 and the Insurgent.

I actually liked the Limo, the Buzzard is obviously easier to use but I'd rather use the former for closer targets (within 1-1.5 mile).

Looks like GTA Online just went offline, even though the Rockstar status is showing no issues. Got "couldn't save to Rockstar servers" notices. Then after leaving Online and trying to return I'm getting "unable to connect to rockstar services" error messages.

What's strange is that not so long before the first saving errors, I got an email in game from "Shark", which had a shark cards banner and no text other than saying it was from Shark. Pretty weird.

Maybe just coincidence but perhaps it had something to do with a recent glitch? I knew some people getting a lot of money using a racing glitch but I couldn't get any info, even on common sites no one explained what it was.

Maybe just coincidence but perhaps it had something to do with a recent glitch? I knew some people getting a lot of money using a racing glitch but I couldn't get any info, even on common sites no one explained what it was.
I don't know. It eventually came good, and my bank balance was unchanged, so I guess there's no problem - the weird email is still sitting there though.

Yeah, we were running PAC and things got unstable as hell. One of the team couldn't join anymore and everyone kept getting the server
save error. I just hung out in free roam for an hour with a friend until we finally got a save successful.

Are there any stable and consistent communities with GTA online? Or do most people go through phases of hopping on and then leaving for awhile.

I don't know. It eventually came good, and my bank balance was unchanged, so I guess there's no problem - the weird email is still sitting there though.

Oh, the mail. I got that once IIRC.

Are there any stable and consistent communities with GTA online? Or do most people go through phases of hopping on and then leaving for awhile.

I only know people that race, so my sample is small. People usually come and go though, only a few can survive the grind.

https://twitter.com/FoxySnaps/status/808607461372469249
Yup, I see where that leaker was going from Rockstar possibly getting sued from how close this is to Knight Rider/KITT, I thought they'd move the scanner/lightbar somewhere else as other developers have in the past, imagine the light animation will be different though, hopefully you can choose different colors. Hyped as fuck! This nerd has been waiting 15 years for this without the need of mods. Now if only they'd go back to adding cars into single player.

Mastah

If my math is correct it is 25 million for all new vehicles (2 will be added later, I think) and another 10-15-20 for garages and showrooms. It's easily in 40-50 million ballpark, LOL.

Eh, I'm only in for the Ruiner 2000 and the Rocket Voltic right now. I wonder how the missions for them and the possible discount will work.

I'm getting the "saving failed - unable to connect to the Rockstar game services" message again. Someone DDOSing them again to disrupt the DLC launch?

I had a 70MB update when I started the launcher but then no connection, it's probably down for the update.

Fake Edit:
Now the patch is up!

Real Edit:

If I need to say it though obviously, I'm talking about the PC version.

The 1.21 update is up on PS4 too, it's 1.629 GB.

And on my 110 Mbps connection it's downloading at about 60 KB/s. It should be downloading around 233 times faster than (in all seriousness).

Don't know if you have to have this many stored at one time or just collected but yup special vehicles are locked behind collecting every four vehicles to an X amount of the regular import/export jobs in this DLC. Naturally the progression if you want the discount is like this.

Top Bottom