• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Is there a iamrobk who posts in here? I saw he was in my lobby in free roam and while he was doing a Gang Attack I went there to join him. I drop down from the steps and step toward him and he guns me down. He had to have seen my clan marker.
He could've just been a shoot-first type of guy.As in, he doesn't know if you're there to kill him or not, so he'll shoot first without question.

Volcynika

May be a dumb question but what are some good ways to earn money? I didn't play the last gen versions and still kinda getting my feet wet. I usually try to be on during evenings, but find it a bit difficult to get matched with gaffers. I think I had one join me for one mission (existanz or something?). I think I'm about rank 8 or something now.

Just started last night, going to try and get more Online time in, but still working through the story.

Going to send you a crew invite Baron! PSN: Dapperdillinger

Striker

I'm sorry, the crew isn't playing at the moment ;) You must of played with some other guys. We usually use our mics.
I was in there, but I was in a party with someone else. iamrobk and caca cabeza were others playing. Then a random non-GAFfer who died two times.

brau

Had tons of fun playing with a group of gaffers on Friday. I'll post some pictures of my time soon.

I really like all the reduced loading times for the jobs in general. Its not a waste of time sitting waiting to join a match.

good times tho. I am excited to play again.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
am I doing something wrong?

The online is not very intuitive and I felt lost trying to find "match". Whenever I would get an invite via the phone I would accept and then find myself in an empty lobby. happened 3 times in a row. Then when I start my own "match", I again end up sitting alone in a lobby. I eventually gave up and went back to sp. Any advise?

cripterion

Between the network errors and the game not saving progress, the huge loading times, the fact that I never got into a 16 player game (be it old gen or current gen, yet they tout 30 players lol) and the whole mess with the aiming, this game is simply broken.

It's funny how Ubisoft gets so much flak for releasing buggy games, yet Rockstar gets a pass. They have great ideas but such shoddy execution. I guess GTA online is way too ambitious for them, maybe they bit more that they could chew.? If so why couldn't they keep simple like the GTA IV multi? At least this one was semi functional.

ttech10

May be a dumb question but what are some good ways to earn money? I didn't play the last gen versions and still kinda getting my feet wet. I usually try to be on during evenings, but find it a bit difficult to get matched with gaffers. I think I had one join me for one mission (existanz or something?). I think I'm about rank 8 or something now.

I often play alone. I'm not too into doing missions since I've leveled up enough, so I mostly just mess around. Easy money makers are security vans and selling Ballers or Felon GTs. You get either $9,000 or $9,500 and can sell once every 24 game hours. I keep a garage full of them to easily sell them every so often. The security vans, there are some days where I run into them constantly and others where they are pretty rare.

For missions, they may have changed, but I typically did Trash Talk, Mixed Up With Coke and the one with the package you have to retrieve in the parking garage. I think they were all Madrazo missions.

I've earned $12 million that way, though I've spent most of that (and haven't played since ~August, getting PS4 tomorrow). $4 million came from selling cars.

IMACOMPUTA

Between the network errors and the game not saving progress, the huge loading times, the fact that I never got into a 16 player game (be it old gen or current gen, yet they tout 30 players lol) and the whole mess with the aiming, this game is simply broken.

It's funny how Ubisoft gets so much flak for releasing buggy games, yet Rockstar gets a pass. They have great ideas but such shoddy execution. I guess GTA online is way too ambitious for them, maybe they bit more that they could chew.? If so why couldn't they keep simple like the GTA IV multi? At least this one was semi functional.

I'm literally having none of those issues.
Sorry, that's too bad. I'm having a blast with the game.

cripterion

I'm literally having none of those issues.
Sorry, that's too bad. I'm having a blast with the game.

So you're able to get into 30 player games? You don't get prompted to switch lobby with each mission invite? Or you play with auto-aim?
And litterally everyone that plays the game will have loading times, since the game doesn't take you back right away going from mission to free roam... I mean I've tried chaining missions too but waiting 25mn just to get 2 people to join for a 30 player deathmach or race that kinda sucks.

So you're able to get into 30 player games? You don't get prompted to switch lobby with each mission invite? Or you play with auto-aim?
And litterally everyone that plays the game will have loading times, since the game doesn't take you back right away going from mission to free roam... I mean I've tried chaining missions too but waiting 25mn just to get 2 people to join for a 30 player deathmach or race that kinda sucks.

Don't worry man you are not alone, we are definitely a small minority as most people have no issues. I don't have the best internet, so I always thought it was "guess my connection isn't strong enough to play, bummer" but my friend who has an even worse connection (500 kbs down, 300 up) can play it without a hitch, so it's definitely some strange problem with Rockstars servers, but Rockstar has largely ignored this minority that still, a year later cannot play online.

I've done combinations of everything possible on my end, set Xbox in a DMZ, Set Xbox to Static IP, Port Forwarded, turned Upnp off, turned it on, turned all firewalls off, Open NAT, called the ISP to see if they could do anything on their end. Nothing ever works, at best I'll join a 30 player server for a few minutes and I get booted the first time I come in close proximity with any other player (that or it kicks the other player I get close to, the fuck is wrong with this matchmaking)

It's a shame cause I'd really love to have fun with my friends, but I can never join them...or anyone for that matter.

This thread has been the most helpful on the issue, so it's worth a look, might work for you, but it seems my problem is something that cannot be changed: http://gtaforums.com/topic/692081-fixing-lag-issuesconnection-timeouts/

IMACOMPUTA

I only remember seeing "30" a couple times, but usually there are at least 19 in my freeroam.
I play freeaim. I have a couple friends I consistently play with, or there are a handful of gaf crew members I've been playing with.

There are specific races that seem to get a lot of people to join, but in the couple times I've tried deathmatch it's been only a couple people.

torontoml

The only issue I have is likely due to my Internet. While playing free roam I won't get kicked back to single player but it says everyone in the room left. So I guess my connection drops for like 1/2 a second or something booting me out of other people's room without kicking me offline.

cripterion

Don't worry man you are not alone, we are definitely a small minority as most people have no issues. I don't have the best internet, so I always thought it was "guess my connection isn't strong enough to play, bummer" but my friend who has an even worse connection (500 kbs down, 300 up) can play it without a hitch, so it's definitely some strange problem with Rockstars servers, but Rockstar has largely ignored this minority that still, a year later cannot play online.

I've done combinations of everything possible on my end, set Xbox in a DMZ, Set Xbox to Static IP, Port Forwarded, turned Upnp off, turned it on, turned all firewalls off, Open NAT, called the ISP to see if they could do anything on their end. Nothing ever works, at best I'll join a 30 player server for a few minutes and I get booted the first time I come in close proximity with any other player (that or it kicks the other player I get close to, the fuck is wrong with this matchmaking)

It's a shame cause I'd really love to have fun with my friends, but I can never join them...or anyone for that matter.

This thread has been the most helpful on the issue, so it's worth a look, might work for you, but it seems my problem is something that cannot be changed: http://gtaforums.com/topic/692081-fixing-lag-issuesconnection-timeouts/

Thanks man. Going to look into it. If the game is really working for some people than the experience must be great. I too tried almost everything.
Previous GTA was somewhat difficult to get a multiplayer game with lots of people in it as well so I just took it as Rockstar messing up. And hell for that game I tried playing from Japan, England and France so it definitely wasn't my connection.

Thanks man. Going to look into it. If the game is really working for some people than the experience must be great. I too tried almost everything.
Previous GTA was somewhat difficult to get a multiplayer game with lots of people in it as well so I just took it as Rockstar messing up. And hell for that game I tried playing from Japan, England and France so it definitely wasn't my connection.

Yeah it definitely works as intended for a lot of people. I watched a streamer on Twitch flawlessly load into a 30 player server within a minute and then seconds later join a 30 player deathmatch first try....Oh how I wish it was that easy.

I really love the game what little bits of it I get to play, I look forward to driving around in the snow...all alone.

gioGAF

Yeah, you can sell expensive cars too.
Only if you bought it (kind of like returning it). You can't sell expensive cars you found on the street.

Is anyone in the crew interested in working on some of the trophies with me? I need to "win" at darts, tennis, arm wrestling, etc. I will be on later tonight (PST), PSN: Akuma_818

Snow will be only for the 25th?

It was that way last year so it's possible, but they are making a bigger deal of snow and the festive update so snow could have an extended period.

I hope so anyway I will only have an hour or so on the 25th to enjoy the snow.

Striker

In the past I've been able to sell a few of the ones I've bought, but most of them I haven't been successful doing so; even the cheaper(ish) ones, like the Banshee or Coquette. I've tried all of my purchased cars to see if Sell even shows up and it hasn't lately.

I think the snow will be here tomorrow at some point. I remember playing on the evening of the 24th and having snow in my game. I was only meaning to sign on to sell some cars, and I ended up being on much later than I expected..hope I'm wrong though and it comes today :D
I've burned through a RIDICULOUS amount of money doing nothing but upgrading my cars. My god... o_o
I hear ya...I burned through a ton of money this weekend also. Being able to own 30 cars now spurred me to purchase several identical cars...the ol' bank account definitely took a hit on that..

waypoetic

Banned
Found the Zentorno in the SP (i haven't finished it so i can't buy those sorts of cars anways) and modded it to supersexymode and now i need one in GTAO but man... I don't have that sort of cash :(

Ted

Futo love:
Ted said:
16061330576_48c99c8b5a_o.jpg

15899686068_d2016a4789_o.jpg

16061330846_ed822ef39c_o.jpg

16061330506_4a8e145834_o.jpg

Gang bosses don't stand a chance against GAF:

834d5Mr.gif

Managed to fly through the tunnel in a jet on my first attempt. :D

Now I want to see it inverted! :D

Any idea what the latest patch addresses?

There are no patch notes up for 1.06 yet:

https://support.rockstargames.com/h...8-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Title-Update-Information

I expect stability and general Online fixes though the support site currently has a page topping flag stating:

"We are investigating reported problems accessing certain GTA Online features. Apologies for any inconvenience."

So who knows.

Top Bottom