• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Mistel

Banned
Ha, I actually tried to do that straight after the attempt in my video. I managed to get around halfway through before a truck clipped my wing. I'll attempt it again today. I will succeed!
If you've got a besra that will be easier to do it in than a lazer.
Gang bosses don't stand a chance against GAF:
834d5Mr.gif
That mission is a really easy way to get a phoenix.

Found the Zentorno in the SP (i haven't finished it so i can't buy those sorts of cars anways) and modded it to supersexymode and now i need one in GTAO but man... I don't have that sort of cash :(
I'm not sure I really like my Zentorno. It's top-heavy or something because it constantly flips on its back the monent I go off-road. I'm strictly using it for the city now and switching to other cars when I need to go to the boonies.

Tigress

Found the Zentorno in the SP (i haven't finished it so i can't buy those sorts of cars anways) and modded it to supersexymode and now i need one in GTAO but man... I don't have that sort of cash :(

Save up for it. The Zentorno is awesome and pretty and controls well and.... (I'm not biased, really. It's totally not my favorite car ;) ). Totally worth it though.

aember

Just did the Titan mission with 2 GAFers and 2 randoms and it was amazing!

As soon as the mission started I hopped on my bike and went straight for the plane, I wanted to get into a good sniping position. I arrived, set up camp and waited until the cavalry arrived and started the riot. Ended up with the most kills, felt like I was saving lives! :D

Got most of it recorded, gonna have to check if it's entertaining to watch.

waypoetic

Banned
Futo love:

Gang bosses don't stand a chance against GAF:

834d5Mr.gif

That's my Futo! And me! ... And that's my Granger! :D

#tedandwaypoeticunstoppableforce (except for that mission last night erhmm)

I'm not sure I really like my Zentorno. It's top-heavy or something because it constantly flips on its back the monent I go off-road. I'm strictly using it for the city now and switching to other cars when I need to go to the boonies.

The Zentorno is a flashy cruising car in my book. I don't really like racing those sorts of cars (supers) as they have shit for traction and are super sensitive for bumps in the road.

When i go racing i use this:

3NCFTwfHZk-MgN0i-HQ0vg_0_0.jpg

And when i go off-road i jump in this bad boy:

WHWM-voOF0mHwuHyWKcSJg_0_0.jpg

av2k

Absolutely. Best purchase I've made in the game to date. Makes 90% of missions trivial, so it essentially pays for itself.

Ah thanks, I guess I'll purchase it then. I have around 7 million burning a hole in my pocket, just wanted to save at least 5 million in case they release new items for heists or future updates.

Well I'll post again. Is anyone else having connection issues? I can connect just fine with random people. I almost always get loaded into lobbies with 20+ players. As soon as I try to invite a friend or join a friend, it gives me time out errors, says they are no longer in a session, or they will enter the lobby for a bit then get kicked out due to a network error. This is incredibly frustrating and this is one of the main reasons I bought this game again. I read about all the targeting change stuff and we did that and it worked for one night, then just reverted back to errors every time.

Any idea why all the online open lobbies I join its just me?
I have NAT Type 2 yet I dont ever seem to join anyone else.

Are you on a network that has more than one of the same console logged in at the same time? Have you looked at your modem/router settings and changed them according to official and community guides on resolving NAT and connectivity issues?

Haxxona

Banned
I've tried to play the Online mode but it seriously isn't even funny for me.
I dont know what to do outside of Lumars lame missions and I constantly get totally wrecked by an attack helicopter.

What's the point of Gta online and how do I play the game while having fun because right now the Campaign is million miles better.

I dont know what to do outside of Lumars lame missions and I constantly get totally wrecked by an attack helicopter.

What's the point of Gta online and how do I play the game while having fun because right now the Campaign is million miles better.
Sounds like it's just not your cup of tea. To play GTAO, you have to have a bit of patience, free roam is basically a deathmatch and there's a lot of grinding required to rank up once you get to higher levels.

Having other players helps a lot, though. It's better to share that misery.

Level by doing missions you can and build up cash to buy better weapons and vehicles get access to better-paying, deeper cooperative missions only accessible by leveling and meeting new contacts. Mayhem in the free roam is fun now that there are more focal points of conflict with crates drops. Random PvP. If none of that works for you, you may not have much time in your future for GTAO. Having a regular group for a crew helps a lot, though.

Are you on a network that has more than one of the same console logged in at the same time? Have you looked at your modem/router settings and changed them according to official and community guides on resolving NAT and connectivity issues?

I only have one PS4 in the house and I've made sure my ports are open and my NAT Type is set to 2.

I only have one PS4 in the house and I've made sure my ports are open and my NAT Type is set to 2.

You could try changing settings to help, like some options listed here. Pretty sure that GTAO is all P2P and I have somewhat regular issues connecting on X1 as NAT status complicates connections between players for party chat, free roam, PvP and mission games.

Haxxona

Banned
Thanks for the suggestions guys and I think the fact that absolutely no one of my friends in real life likes Online games ouside of MOBAs and RTSs.
I might have to sign me up on some list because I loved RDR free roam with some friends.

The problem is that you're playing alone. GTAO is like a completely different game for me when I play alone compared to playing with a few of my friends. It's so much more fun when playing with friends.

Step 1 - Acquire friends who also own the game.

Step 2 - Either tear up free-roam with said friends, or spend a few hours rotating between missions, races, death-matches, etc etc.

Step 3 - Relax and enjoy it. Don't worry about money. Don't worry about the "point" of it. Just play it and have fun. You will have garbage missions to start of with, but they do get better as you level up. Before you know it you'll have an attack chopper of your own.

Ted

Thanks for the suggestions guys and I think the fact that absolutely no one of my friends in real life likes Online games ouside of MOBAs and RTSs.
I might have to sign me up on some list because I loved RDR free roam with some friends.

The below is the best advice. Join a GAF crew. Whenever I go online there is a dozen or so folks playing the game and usually a couple join missions. Drop Baron a message re. the crew and if you want to play co-op missions let me know, I'm always happy to play. I mostly play free aim but I'll play aim assist happily if folk want to.

The problem is that you're playing alone. GTAO is like a completely different game for me when I play alone compared to playing with a few of my friends. It's so much more fun when playing with friends.

Step 1 - Acquire friends who also own the game.

Step 2 - Either tear up free-roam with said friends, or spend a few hours rotating between missions, races, death-matches, etc etc.

Step 3 - Relax and enjoy it. Don't worry about money. Don't worry about the "point" of it. Just play it and have fun. You will have garbage missions to start of with, but they do get better as you level up. Before you know it you'll have an attack chopper of your own.

I'd love to play around with some gaffers (preferably with mics too) so please, feel free to add me, my username is UziPinkyRing.

That's PS4 by the way.

waypoetic

Banned
Yeeeahh... I saw a guy flying right pass me when i was out in Blaine goofing around with my truck - he went in a straight line and a minute earlier there was a memo for a special crate being dropped (not inbound or that it had been dropped) and this guy totally knew where it was gonna drop before it even showed up on the map.

So, the dude who posted some pages back, yeah i think you're right buddy; there might be something going on.

Ted

Snooooooooow

B5lJ5X4IQAA8a6x.jpg:large

sUrsXuR_RUqopdQYJh68DQ_0_0.jpg

Its to cold to ride at the amusement park

6_mzqp4YwE-qbTVJA8fToQ_0_0.jpg

Cool pictures folks!

My friend was dicking about with the share function so I did this while waiting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW0-ng2XCUU&feature=youtu.be

I laughed far more than I should have at that! The jingling sound of you moving as he slides just makes it perfect.

I took a quick spin around in a car and then took a Besra for a quick and easy flight and the snow looks very pretty, I love the more mellow quiet nature it gives to the world and I like the way it changes the car handling.

I'm a bit disappointed that the new version can't give us snow build up and drifting though and I did sort of hope that it would slowly cover a parked car. It's also a bit of a pain that it makes the grass pop in look really obvious when you are flying over a bit of countryside. The video below sort of shows it but it is much more noticeable "live" as such.

http://youtu.be/7vBSjwpHwAw

Still, that is all a little bah humbug so given it's nearly Christmas, woohooo. SNOW! :)

so the roads will be clear later?

I wish they would give an option to enter snow day servers year around instead of special days in late December oh well

waypoetic

Banned
Well, i don't like the snow.

If they'd gone the extra mile and make the NPC's wear winter clothes it wouldn't break the whole "oh it's winter!"-fantasy... And it looks kinda bad.

Oh well, i got a dumb picture out of it:

kbBaqAhn80maXt1TAhkMpA_0_0.jpg

Top Bottom