• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA:SA 2 Player Confirmation ??

Sorry if old.

Look at the botton left hand listing of features/support. Fake or not?
But, let's keep giving Folder crap, OK? :D
JK, Good job old man

GTASABackBox.jpg

Fowler

belgurdo said:
So this confirms that Carl is a "good" guy?

I assume you're referring to the text? That's old, I've seen it in a few places (the official site too) so yeah, he is a good guy.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Why do people read "take control of the streets", and then assume Carl is a "good guy"?

Have you never seen Black Ceasar?!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Goreomedy said:
Why do people read "take control of the streets", and then assume Carl is a "good guy"?

Because anyone who fights to avenge the death of his mom has to be a cuddly-wuddly hugglebear, deep down.

Teehee! ^_^

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Kiriku said:
Why are the buttons pressure sensitive in this game?

Driving? GTA3 and Vice City were the same way, so it can't be something new.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
All PS2 GTA's have been pressure sensititve. The driving and running (I think) are pressure sensitive, as well as throwing grenades

Vlad

Goreomedy said:

Have you never seen Black Ceasar?!

Well, it's not so much that part as the whole "mother being murdered and him being framed by corrupt cops" thing. It makes him a bit more of a "good guy" than the main character from GTA3 (haven't played VC at all, so I don't know where that game's protagonist stands).

Bob White

Well, it's not so much that part as the whole "mother being murdered and him being framed by corrupt cops" thing. It makes him a bit more of a "good guy"

Who the fuck cares and when did the stories in gta mean anything?

I get a big ass city with swank ass freedom so I don't give a rats ass if my boy CJ is a "goodguy".

"Oh noooo, now maybe I should feel bad for killing all these people because the guy I'm using now is a goody two shoes!"

Guys, in addition to Folder, several people on these boards have said that the news of 2 player is definite, including myself. Just believe it when you're told, eh?! I have not seen the final boxart but this looks totally legit to me - particularly the part about 2 players ;-)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I won't be surprised if there's multiple story branches in the next one. There's still so much they can do with GTA...like include online play :p

Ninja Scooter said:
molyneuxs.jpg

"No, it wouldn't."

I agree with Ninja Scooter. Who would want to play a good guy in a GTA? CJ might come back to SA to right the wrongs, but I doubt he's not going to end up being a ruthless vato by the end.

Edit:
914983_20041015_screen004.jpg

Oh and IOTY (Image of the year, runner-up: the Halo 2 bridge pic)

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I doubt Rockstar will ever have branching storylines that depend on how you complete objectives. That goes against everything the GTAs are about.

These are crime dramas with clearly defined goals. That's part of the appeal. When I pick up a game like KOTR or Fable, I find the way of the "good" the least exciting. And while I do appreciate the pick-up-and-play nature of sandbox titles, there's GOT to be a strong linear journey to tie everything together. To give the world context. For me, interchangable plots just don't offer that.

I think GTA's formula is unrivaled. And while they can improve on a lot of things, they should never abandon what MAKES the game.

Being a good guy would just be optional. Vigilante justice, I'm not saying being a pi.... cop or working for the police. You have the options when you jack a cop car, I know, but it would be more of a slap in the face to True Crime from trying to bite their style.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I'm disappointed with Gamespot's article. They don't go into how you control these gangs. I'm hoping for simple commands like Freedom Fighters, but I suspect it may just be NPC tag-alongs who do their own thing.

Takuan

Wee, some conclusive proof. There's always a chance of photoshopping, but coupled with R*'s reaction to Spong's article, it's probably legit. Two-player doesn't really change anything for me, but it's a nice feature to have.

Top Bottom