• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA:SA to sell 25 million

Reuters said they're are expecting it to sell 4.5 million in its first week, and 13-15 million overall. It's definetly going to own every game this year in sales.

Matlock

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Reuters said they're are expecting it to sell 4.5 million in its first week, and 13-15 million overall. It's definetly going to own every game this year in sales.

Except Pokemon Le/Fi. ;)

</irony>

worldwide ?

well they can count out almost all the Asian terretories, cuz almost NO ONE buys original games over there, except for Japan...

saying that reminded me of why the GC isn't getting more popular...

callous

almokla said:
worldwide ?

well they can count out almost all the Asian terretories, cuz almost NO ONE buys original games over there, except for Japan...

saying that reminded me of why the GC isn't getting more popular...

Haha .. it's funny cause it's true.

jiggle

North America 32,230,000 units
Europe 25,880,000 units

Close to 50% of NA/EU's install base?
That'll be no small feat if they do. Doubt it.

Shinobi

They're also counting the high tech and enhanced Xenon version, due out at launch as part of the complete GTA Collection.

Or maybe not. But if they are, you heard it here first.

jiggle said:
North America 32,230,000 units
Europe 25,880,000 units

Close to 50% of NA/EU's install base?
That'll be no small feat if they do. Doubt it.

GTA: VC is now at 13 million (including PS2, Xbox, PC worldwide)

B E N K E

If PStwo really takes off 20 million isn't entirely impossible. GTA:SA will be the first game for a lot of people buying a PStwo.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Society said:
Don;t they need that many PS2 owners first? :p

WORLDWIDE, I'm pretty sure PS2 broke the 25 million userbase worldwide a while ago.

Considering how much larger PS2's userbase is now I'm expecting around 20Mil sales on the PS2 (in the long haul, that includes GH and Triple Pack). I think they're including the eventual Xbox/PC versions...so add a mil or two more...22Mil? That seems about right.

jarrod said:
So they expect San Andreas to outsell GTA3 & Vice City combined? :/

They simply have to have screwed up their numbers. They're simply reporting some news and seem to have switched some numbers aroudn. GTA3 & VC are essentially at 25 million, which is probably the source of the confusion. The numbers (which are already extremely optimistic) that have been bandied about are 15 million WW eventually.

goodcow

In other news, ebgames.com had a single copy of GTA2 for DC today for $2.99 so I snagged it to fill my DC collection.

TAKE THAT SALES CHARTS

jarrod

Banned
sonycowboy said:
They simply have to have screwed up their numbers. They're simply reporting some news and seem to have switched some numbers aroudn. GTA3 & VC are essentially at 25 million, which is probably the source of the confusion. The numbers (which are already extremely optimistic) that have been bandied about are 15 million WW eventually.
Yeah, 15M sounds about right (and then probably adding in the eventual PC/Xbox ports)... has any specific game ever sold 25 million before actually? Besides Super Mario Bros & Pokemon RGB?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Who makes this crazy predictions? No way will GTA:SA sell 25M units. Not even when you include sales of PC and Xbox version, whenever they are coming.

Top Bottom