• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: San Andreas - Sacrificing a living breathing world for a good draw distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see that pic of the mountain with the train set looking town in the foreground? Oooofah. Seriously, anyone who claims the game looks better than the last 2 is blind. Sure it might have a larger scale with the improved draw distance, but man does the world look DEAD...

Too bad for the PC/Xbox versions...

Haven't seen the images you're talking about... but draw distance is a Good Thing. No use putting litter on the ground if it's going to be constantly appearing out of thin air five feet in front of you.

I wont link to the images, but it doesnt even look like a GTA game. If it were a GTA knock off it would be ridiculed to no end.

BeOnEdge

Banned
Daxter Too said:
Anyone see that pic of the mountain with the train set looking town in the foreground? Oooofah. Seriously, anyone who claims the game looks better than the last 2 is blind. Sure it might have a larger scale with the improved draw distance, but man does the world look DEAD...

Too bad for the PC/Xbox versions...

what? you havent even seen the damn game in motion. are you stuck on stupid or what?

teepo

Daxter Too said:
CHeck out the 'town' made of legos in front of it. My point defined, they sacrificed detail for draw distance.

yeh becaue that town can so hold a million people

I hate this new gta because the lighting is ORANGE and the Soundtrack is ALL RAP MUSIC, THE DRAW DISTANCE is LARGE, and THE PEOPLE ARE BLACK

there that about covers it now go back to OA

BeOnEdge

Banned
seismologist said:
The game takes place in 3 different cities and includes all the countryside in between. That's why there's some "dead' areas.

are you trying to say they should hang people? :(

Belfast

Daxter Too said:
Anyone else have the balls to admit they look ass? It's people like you that gave Vice City perfect 10's.......

Its people like you that need to shut their fat, smelly faces!

I think you need to replay gta 3 and vice city or did you not notice cars fading in and disspearing when they are 3 feet behind you out of sight?

Only after I got vice city on the pc and cranked up everything (including the draw distance) did the game look anything that can be termed "decent"

ZombieSupaStar said:
I think you need to replay gta 3 and vice city or did you not notice cars fading in and disspearing when they are 3 feet behind you out of sight?

Only after I got vice city on the pc and cranked up everything (including the draw distance) did the game look anything that can be termed "decent"

He probably needs to replay the entire series considering it never has been and likely never will be about graphics. If you want graphics in a game like this then go pick up Driver. I'll be happy with SA.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
... strange, I thought it looked pretty darn good

FightyF

Banned

In an interview they said that the draw distance is insane when in the country side.

I'm guessing it's a pic of the countryside...what do you expect? It being populated by thousands of coyotes?

refreshZ

Daxter Too said:
Not saying it wont be a fun game, but good lord sometimes I want to sue the PS2 for maiming games.

stopwhineing.jpg

AssMan

Banned
The game's graphic engine has been rebuit right? Looks a lot better than Vice City and from what I read in the new GI, CJ can chew gum! Nothing great, but something nice R* added for animation.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Daxter Too said:
Anyone else have the balls to admit they look ass? It's people like you that gave Vice City perfect 10's.......

I actually think it looks a lot better, actually. I'm very happy that they are finally improving the visuals somewhat. For the record, go back and look at early VC shots. You aren't going to find TONS OF PEOPLE in those screens...

gtavice_screen010.jpg

gtavice_screen002.jpg

vicecity_screen003.jpg

gtavicecity_screen004.jpg

gtavicecity_screen002.jpg

vc_screen002.jpg

As you can CLEARLY see...DMA likes to show off the world in earlier screens, not tons of people. Most early VC shots are just of various landmarks or areas. It is the SAME for SA.

Not saying it wont be a fun game, but good lord sometimes I want to sue the PS2 for maiming games.

If you are actually blaming the PS2 hardware for the visuals in GTA3 - SA, you really ARE ignorant. At least PS2 games, on the whole, pull off 60 fps far more often than XBOX...

bogg

NO! All these crapy scans from an not finished version is what the game going to look like! You are all a bunch of fanboys in denail(sp?)!!

Mashing

Didn't this same debate come up when VC was released? I remember there being an outcry that game didn't look as good as the screenshots (despite the fact that the screenshots were smaller than their actual size which is always going to make them look sharper than they would on a tv screen)?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Oni Jazar said:
The PC version looked that good.

The PS2 version basically looked like that, though...the PC version looked better. The PC version looked extremely nice with full AA and AF + 60 fps.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Oh goodie another trolling GTA:SA thread... <sigh> Will wonders never cease?

Ranger X

Useless thread started by a shitmaker. I've noticed you in a couple of threads lately; Daxter, your here to give shit to people and we don't give a crap. Stay out.

Close this fucking thread for retarded already!!

Mock

Banned
You can't capture the true atmosphere of California without adding the smog and polluted beaches ... but at least they'll have the hookers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom