• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA San Andreas sountrack info on Monday

pilonv1

Part of me wants to know every song, but it's so close to the release I might try to avoid it and discover them for myself in the game.

pilonv1 said:
Part of me wants to know every song, but it's so close to the game I might try to avoid it and discover them for myself in the game.

IAWTP. Its gonna be so hard to force myself to avoid it though...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Radio stations:

Master Sounds 98.3

DJ: Johnny "The Love Giant" Parkinson

The world's smallest giant, Johnny Parkinson, takes you on a musical, spiritual and sexual journey with a sound track of nonstop classics. The giants of soul, rare groove and just a little classic funk, hosted by the giant himself. Remember, height is not a number.

Playback

DJ: Forth Right MC

The mouthiest man in hip-hop, Forth Right MC, brings real
hip-hop to the left coast. East Coast sensibilities and Forth Right's unique brand of conspiracy theory lead you in a history lesson.

Bounce FM

DJ: The Funktipus

The indescribable Funktipus plays the indefinable funk. The sound that has had Los Santos partying for twenty years is now on 'The Party', on Bounce FM. The Funktipus will open your eyes to what is really happening out there.

K-DST

DJ: Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith

Tommy Smith, formerly with 1970s progressive rock act, Crystal Ship, has now taken up residence on the home of driving rock radio. K-DST 'The Dust' plays non-stop classic rock and roll.

K-JAH Radio West

DJ: Marshall Peters & Johnny Lawton

From JA to SA. The legendary Marshall Law sound system has moved from Kingston to San Andreas, bringing with them the best in dancehall, raga, reggae and dub. It’s one love as Peters and Lawton argue about everything.

CSR 103:9

DJ: Philip "PM" Michaels

Chart topping and club friendly hits, brought to you by Philip "PM" Michaels, entertainer. New Jack Swing and modern soul from today’s hottest acts. Where soul meets preppy. Philip is also available for weddings, funerals and Bar Mitzvahs.

Radio:X

DJ: Sage

Finally, there IS an alternative. The home of Modern Rock. This is a revolution. Guitars, nihilistic hedonism, and telling the elder generation to go screw themselves. Nobody has done this before. We are original thinkers. We are free. Sage leads the navel gazing; she is a remarkable talent.

K-Rose

DJ: Mary-Beth Maybell

A broken heart never sounded so good. Country and western music broadcast from Bone County across the whole state of San Andreas. All of the biggest artists, all of the best music. With the Widow Queen of the Prairie, Mary-Beth Maybell.

Radio Los Santos

DJ: Julio G

Julio G breaks the sound of the streets. This is the West Coast taking over.

SF-UR

DJ: Hans Oberlander

Quality house music, from deep in the underground, brought to you by an excitable German. This is music for people in the know.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Lead by Audio Designer Allan Walker and Music Producer Craig Connor, the radio aspects of the game have been given a complete technical overhaul. Instead of looping the sounds heard on each station, for instance, the entire setup is dynamic -- which allows each DJ to react to events in the game in real time. What this means is, that each and every song will be given a different introduction based on who the DJ is, as well as being prefaced with comments on CJ's progress through the game. Additionally, players can expect to hear live weather bulletins, deadly accurate news updates, music blocks, custom track lead-ins and outs, and call-ins from people all over the state.

Perhaps the coolest aspect of radio stations, though, is the fact that each and every vehicle will play songs differently -- since every vehicle has different speakers inside them. As an example, normal cars have a more balanced sound playback while lowriders offer a huge amount of bass and low-end audio. Players will also have access to a new optional feature that allows them to adjust the sound level of their ride.

Sounds nice

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Big thumbs up on even these sample tracks. And that the radio stations are now dynamic, dreams can come true. Too... much... greatness...

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
IGN reports:

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041015061003436-001.jpg

WCTR TALK RADIO
DJ - It's a secret
Format - Talk Radio
Station Description: It's a secret (Sample Track - Also a secret!)

So, celebrity DJ?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
pilonv1 said:
I'm guessing the chat stations weren't listed?

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041015061003436-001.jpg

WCTR TALK RADIO
DJ - It's a secret
Format - Talk Radio
Station Description: It's a secret (Sample Track - Also a secret!)

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
The two screens with IGNs update:

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041015060517455.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041015060517971.jpg

I wonder if you will lose the station signals once you put distance between you and the cities. For instance, maybe the only thing you can listen to in the country is KRose. :D

hobbitx

Lead by Audio Designer Allan Walker and Music Producer Craig Connor, the radio aspects of the game have been given a complete technical overhaul. Instead of looping the sounds heard on each station, for instance, the entire setup is dynamic -- which allows each DJ to react to events in the game in real time. What this means is, that each and every song will be given a different introduction based on who the DJ is, as well as being prefaced with comments on CJ's progress through the game. Additionally, players can expect to hear live weather bulletins, deadly accurate news updates, music blocks, custom track lead-ins and outs, and call-ins from people all over the state.

That is so fucking awesome! :D

Does this mean my dream will finally come true? DJs reporting my crime sprees!!!

evil ways

I think it's Opie and Anthony, they were mentioned a few months ago as having something to do with San Andreas but that they signed a document that prohibits them from saying anything about it.

Bob White

Fucking rockstar!

This is what I did NOT need to hold me over until the game comes out. I was happy being in the dark. Content with the hype being on halo 2.

Why?????

I can't fucking wait, that's why!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm too happy now. I'm...I'm......

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

andthebeatgoeson

Wario64 said:
Radio stations:

Master Sounds 98.3

DJ: Johnny "The Love Giant" Parkinson

The world's smallest giant, Johnny Parkinson, takes you on a musical, spiritual and sexual journey with a sound track of nonstop classics. The giants of soul, rare groove and just a little classic funk, hosted by the giant himself. Remember, height is not a number.
'Music from the days when the rhythm method was king....'
'Baby, I'ma do it to you right in your earhole. 3D style.'
*cue James Brown 'Big Payback'*

Gold.

Edit:
The Funktipus = George Clinton? I think so

andthebeatgoeson

CSR 103:9

DJ: Philip "PM" Michaels

Chart topping and club friendly hits, brought to you by Philip "PM" Michaels, entertainer. New Jack Swing and modern soul from today’s hottest acts. Where soul meets preppy. Philip is also available for weddings, funerals and Bar Mitzvahs.

It's been confirmed ladies, Bell Biv Devoe. Take off your panties....now.

'Poison'

Girl, I must warn you, I sense something strange in my mind

A whole station dedicated to New Jack Swing and early 90's Teddy Riley, etc. Rumpshaker is a must. You can't mention New Jack Swing without Rumpshaker. And it's gauranteed to be playing at any strip club in Vegas, in this game. Fuckin Sweet.

This game is gonna rock your tight lil ass.

Bob White

The N-bomb will be in full effect is seems.

Gotta love rockstar having some balls.

Willie Nelson?!

I can fucking DIG IT!

andthebeatgoeson

Wario64 said:

Perhaps the coolest aspect of radio stations, though, is the fact that each and every vehicle will play songs differently -- since every vehicle has different speakers inside them. As an example, normal cars have a more balanced sound playback while lowriders offer a huge amount of bass and low-end audio. Players will also have access to a new optional feature that allows them to adjust the sound level of their ride.

Sounds nice

Does sound nice but I am worried about the 'dynamic' part of the playlist. Sounds like it'll be harder to hear that exact song you want. I used to time it so I could hear MJ 'Wanna Be Starting Something' or that Rick James song, 'Ghetto Life', or certain portions of the various chats, etc. I hope they have an option to select the station you want to hear, no matter what car you get into. I like the variety, but certain stations lend themselves to certain situations. And once you get your favorite station, you end up changing the station anyway. Just give me what I want Rockstar.

andthebeatgoeson

Bob White said:
The N-bomb will be in full effect is seems.

Gotta love rockstar having some balls.

Willie Nelson?!

I can fucking DIG IT!

Yeah, that caught me off guard. I hear it all the time on radio but in a game, it still is a shock.

Sammy Sosa-IT'S SOOOOO REEEAAAALLLL!!!!

Matlock

Banned
ThirstyFly said:
Wow, great tracks so far.

Is this the first time the f-bomb has been used in a game?

Heavens no. First I can remember it being in a game would be Zork.

'course, the computer didn't understand the word when I used it.

damn the dynamic radio sounds kick ass! This will totally add to the immersion factor that the series has done so well. Here's hoping Pearl Jam's "Even Flow" will be in the game.

jett

D-Member
ThirstyFly said:
Wow, great tracks so far.

Is this the first time the f-bomb has been used in a game?

Consoles-wise I believe Manhunt was the first. PC games...who the f-bomb knows. :p

NotMSRP

What music pieces are public/free domain? Classical music? Would have been nice if GTA:SA included all known free music pieces.

Jim Bowie

K-DST

DJ: Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith

Tommy Smith, formerly with 1970s progressive rock act, Crystal Ship, has now taken up residence on the home of driving rock radio. K-DST 'The Dust' plays non-stop classic rock and roll.

Did anybody else get it? This is a Dead Milkmen joke! When he talks about seeing his favorite cover band, Crystal Ship, in Bitchin' Camaro? They play a Doors show!

Top Bottom