• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: San Andreas Website UPDATE! New trailer!

Coen

I'm seriously excited to play this, but I don't think it looks that great at all. :(
I mean, look at the wall behind the chilidog-guy...

I know San Andreas has other graphical qualities, mainly concerning scale and depth of view, but the upclose shots don't look all that hot to me.

ManaByte

Gold Member
rockshore_crimescene.jpg

Whoa, it's The Dude's apartment complete with the rug that totally ties the room together man.

Socreges

Banned
Coen said:
I'm seriously excited to play this, but I don't think it looks that great at all. :(
I mean, look at the wall behind the chilidog-guy...

I know San Andreas has other graphical qualities, mainly concerning scale and depth of view, but the upclose shots don't look all that hot to me.
You'll notice that no one bothers to mention this anymore.

Because we don't care.

It's a beautiful thing.

Shinobi

Saw the TV ad during the Raw repeat up here...60 seconds long, with "Welcome to the Jungle" blaring away. The visuals will never impress me, but I have grown to like the style...it's part of the charm I guess. Anyway, the TV ad was quality stuff, as is the trailer.

Dekajelly

October 29th
biggrinparty.gif

Rockstar definitely have my...

14388.jpg

The trailer looks and sounds great! I hope you can shoot from that parachute.
biggrinparty.gif

Dekajelly

KyotoMecca said:
No they don't, those notes are out of date.

Well it's the first thing the google image thingy came up with, but you get the picture. I will be handing over two crisp, clean twenty pound notes over for this masterpiece. :D

evil ways

Man, everytime I think about this game and being able to wield 2 sawed off, double barrel shotguns, every orifice in my body moistens.

Midas

ManaByte said:
rockshore_crimescene.jpg

Whoa, it's The Dude's apartment complete with the rug that totally ties the room together man.

Hehe, saw that movie a couple of days ago for the first time. Great one.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Man, I'm really becoming quite interested this time around...

So many additions!

I must hold out for the PC version though...

dark10x said:
I must hold out for the PC version though...
What the fuck are you thinking? Anybody else posts a like sentiment, and I wouldn't even bother.

Please tell me the reason(s) you would wait six more months for a PC version. Nobody else answer for him, I wanna hear this straight from his mouth.

Vlad

ArcadeStickMonk said:
What the fuck are you thinking? Anybody else posts a like sentiment, and I wouldn't even bother.

Please tell me the reason(s) you would wait six more months for a PC version. Nobody else answer for him, I wanna hear this straight from his mouth.

Well, I can't speak for him, but the PC version of GTA3 had some pretty noticable improvements over the PS2 version, from what I've heard (I've only played the PC version).

- You can use your MP3s as a radio station.

- Potentially better framerate and/or resolution, if you've got the hardware to run it.

- Standard WASD/Mouselook control and shooting while on foot. I tried using a controller on the PC version of GTA3, and the targetting system drove me absolutely nuts. From what I've heard, it's not much better on the PS2 version. Being able to mouselook to shoot and look around just feels more natural, and controlling the cars with the keyboard is surprisingly easy.

- User mods. Last I heard, somebody had a rudimentary multiplayer mod for the PC version of Vice City up and running, and there's also a ton of user-made cars, city sections, skins, etc to be found online.

Personally, I'm still deciding whether or not to pick up SA for the PS2. I'm really quite fond of mouse aiming, but if Rockstar really has improved the aiming controls, then I could see myself going for the PS2 version. Of course, it's entirely possible that my computer couldn't even run SA (it barely ran GTA3), so the decision could be made for me.

Mrbob

robojimbo said:
And to think just a few weeks ago I was completely planning to skip this game. Thank God for the GAF hype machine.

:lol

This game does look massive though. I'm trying to hold out for the PC version too but who am I kidding? I'll have it next Wednesday for PS2.

Vlad said:
Well, I can't speak for him...
I don't think any of what you've stated applies to him. He's not a mouse zealot that can't handle a gamepad, he's not going to replace the soundtrack, he's not going to dick around with mods, and as far as framerate... where his 9700 Pro gets him, I dunno.

This is suspicious. Shifty eyes on Dark10X.

Ranger X

OMG... i'm thinking about the whole picture and WOW, i can't believe this game.
I'm having the same kind of extreme hype i had when i was a freak teenager gamer. I can't believe it. I never thought i would feel like this for a game coming out ever again.

* faints

Top Bottom