• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Soundtrack + Loading Theme Leaks [SPOILERS]

Some people on reddit and GTAforums are talking about a FlyLo FM (Flying Lotus) with some electronic stuff and hip-hop (including unreleased material from Captain Murphy and other Brainfeeder artists).

Haven't heard this myself yet, so could be fake.

Sounds possible. Like an alternative hip-hop station. Could be where Outkast's "Elevators" fits.

njean777

I like the rap selections, but where the fuck is heavy metal/post-hardcore/metalcore/death metal station? Every single game never has this type of music in it, and it baffles my mind.

My favorite track of the bunch.

Lddxvl4.jpg

Fjordson

Oh wow, I just heard The Place by inc. Fuck yes. What a great selection. On "Worldwide FM" hosted by some British guy.

And I should probably post this here: http://mixlr.com/nullvoid/

It's a stream of the audio file that people are hearing all these songs on. On repeat. Might be able to catch something new.

Only annoying part is that it plays for 10 seconds, repeats, plays for 10 new seconds, repeats, and stays like that the entire time. Not sure why, something about the way the sound file was taken out of the PSN preload I guess. Not sure how all this shit works :lol

Be careful, though. There's talk radio segments and WCTR news segments that could be minor spoilers for some people.

njean777

Demographics, partially.

Agree about heavy metal, tho.

It is just weird to me though, you have a hipster station but no heavy metal? WTF. Not saying that I want the hipster station taken out either, but it is just odd that they skipped over a popular style of music

It is just weird to me though, you have a hipster station but no heavy metal? WTF. Not saying that I want the hipster station taken out either, but it is just odd that they skipped over a popular style of music
I felt the same way about leaving pop punk/new wave out of IV and the same way about sunset blvd hair metal/glam not being in V.

njean777

I felt the same way about leaving pop punk/new wave out of IV and the same way about sunset blvd hair metal/glam not being in V.

At least with a 360 you can have custom soundtracks, but I only have a ps3 so I am at the mercy of what Rockstar gives me, unless they let ps3 have custom soundtracks. Oh well, I guess Ill just stick to the rap stations only.

For reference GTA 4 had 20 radio stations and we have maybe 14-15 stations revealed so far. There's 3 or 4 talk stations and that leaves maybe 3 or 4 left. NightRide FM is mayber one of them so it is a possibility with a slot for indie rock and a flashback station, heavy metal could works its way back on. Who knows?
Also new song: Kenny Loggins- I'm free

GhaleonQ

Eh. The old stuff is rather great, the new is surprisingly mediocre. Aside from 3 or 4 excellent ones per station, it's not even "overhyped but mediocre." It's just musicians of medium (indie) fame and medium talent.

That's weird for this development team. It's also weird that it's pretty Anglospheric.

I don't just want to listen to Matias Aguayo over and over.

Sounds possible. Like an alternative hip-hop station. Could be where Outkast's "Elevators" fits.

I'm okay with Tokimonsta-ing around, too.

Of course the link is now dead. Does anyone have a new link?
Seeing as how they are taken down quickly, here's a tip until I update the OP again. Search on YouTube for GTA V theme and look for a video length of exactly 1:51. Make sure to restrict the search filter to today. It should be the one you're looking for.

Into

The rap stations have bangin' tracks and *Corona - Rhythm Of The Night is a great addition

OHHH OH YEAH! This is the rhythm of the night

GenericUser

loading theme sounds like a .... loading theme, nothing special if you ask me.

I need gameplay leaks, I am hyped as all hell.

javac

It must cost lot to get all these song right? Every damn time they kill it. I can tell Rockstar have a blast choosing them.

World Wide FM (Electronic/Chillwave/Ambient)
*Cashmerecat - Mirror Maru
*The Hics - Cold Air
*inc. - the place
*Mala - Ghost
*Swindle - Forest Funk
*Tom Browne - Throw Down
*Donald Byrd - You and the Music
*Candido - Thousand Finger Man
*Toro y Moi - Harm in Change
*Kyodai - Breaking
*Django Django - Waveform
*Gaslamp Killer - Nissim
*Owiny Sigoma Band - Harpoonland
*Guts - ???
*Yuna - Live Your Life (MELO-X MOTHERLAND GOD MIX)
*richard spaven, José James - ???
*Hackman - Forgotten Notes
2 other songs not identified

This whole station, especially the Cashmere Cat track.

so_good.gif

Top Bottom