• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardian Cross |OT| Free card battle game from the creator of FF's ATB system

Goli

ibfY60whteez6n.png

Click here to download!
Release date: 9/13/2012
Size: 263 MB
Price: Free!
Requirements: iPhone 3GS and up, iPod Touch 3 and up, iPad and up.
Key Staffers:
Concept Planner: Hiroyuki Ito (creator of the FINAL FANTASY ATB system)
Composer: Naoshi Mizuta (FINAL FANTASY XIII-2, FINAL FANTASY XI)
Character Design: Akira Oguro (FINAL FANTASY IV: The After Years, FINAL FANTASY Dimensions)
For more information please visit the game's official site, here.http://www.square-enix.co.jp/smart/gc/en/index.html

skasaha

Neo Member
your "click here to download" link seems broken.

awesome music on the official site! wish i had an iOS device...i only have an android :X

Goli

your "click here to download" link seems broken.

awesome music on the official site! wish i had an iOS device...i only have an android :X

It's fixed now. And it's coming out on Android… eventually.

ALSO!
The game has a special tie-up where you get rare FFXI and FFXIV cards if you get people to play and put your invitation code, so here's mine: KG03206

Raytow

Artwork looks good enough, gonna try the mechanics in a minute, also who do I have to kill to get Yosumin and Gyromancer for ios, don't you want my money se?

Reveirg

Really strongly hoping this didn't take too much of Ito's time... at least we know he's still alive (and hopefully developing FFXV behind-the-scenes)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Trying it out now.

EDIT: This might be the most boring card game I've "played" in my life. And I put played in quotes, because it basically plays itself.

They should've just put Triple Triad up on the iOS store instead of this thing.

Goli

So I'm in the middle of the Tower of the Goddess...
So far I like this game but I'm not sure why, since like thetrin said it basically plays itself.
I feel like there is a degree of strategy involved with which guardians you put in your party and the order in which you do, and perhaps further strategizing is required later on in the game... but so far it's just too easy. I'll keep playing, so we'll see.
Also Akira Oguro art <3.
Also, I love how unobtrusive IAP purchases are. From what I've played so far I've noticed there's nothing locked with IAPs or anything like that, they just help you make things faster, like recovering your battle points and such... but you can also get recovery potions and the other "premium" items for free using Friend points!

I've been enjoying this pretty well. It's not impossible to access the pay wall stuff through normal gameplay, and the art and music are great.

If anyone wants to use my invite code for the bonus cards here it is: OR79712

Does anyone know if the sub missions disappear at any point? I'm trying to take some on but they seem to be a bit out of my level range. I'm wondering if I can't advance the main missions a bit more and come back to them later.

I just got into this - pretty fun game, gets a bit grindy but if you aren't paying for things with money you can do so with your time. I don't know why we can't enter multiple invitation codes - oh well, here's mine if you want a FFXI bonus monster card KM02796.

Does anyone know if the sub missions disappear at any point? I'm trying to take some on but they seem to be a bit out of my level range. I'm wondering if I can't advance the main missions a bit more and come back to them later.

They seem to be staying for me, I'm partially through one and it's still there along with a new one that has appeared.

Lucis

The invite friend thing is absurd, ;/
I wonder if there's a way of getting around it. Such as using 1 single iOS device and just do it over and over...

Rad-

Well that was disappointing to say the least. This from the lead designer of FFVI, IX and XII (well, partly)? :/

I'm going to give it another shot. Just to find that easter egg that hints at Ito developed FFXV that is semi open world + job system.

I'm down to needing 9 more invites to get the final bonus card. Please consider using my code if you plan to try this out (It's free after all). Code: OR79712

I see weekly ranked tournament matches and co-op mentioned on the store page, but is there a way to just play versus matches against your friends?

I see weekly ranked tournament matches and co-op mentioned on the store page, but is there a way to just play versus matches against your friends?

Kind of. Daily you have 10 "friend battles" you can do. If you go to your friends list you can battle them once each, up to 10 fights total per day. You battle against whatever your friend has in their normal story mode deck and get 5 points if you win, 3 if you lose. Points can be used to buy items.

So you can fight your friend's deck once per day, and it's not something you have to be actively participating in or anything.

Lucis

I don't know how some of the people are getting so many 5 star guardians...
When did the game came out? I thought last week was the opening week. Do people actually pay these ridiculous price for special hunting ticket? ;/

Lucis

I finished story mode... where do you see the 5 star guardian? or you mean special hunt ticket?...
you would need hundred of them to get a decent set ;/ most of them are still 3 stars in the special hunting ground with some 4 star, 5 is rare.

I finished story mode... where do you see the 5 star guardian? or you mean special hunt ticket?...
you would need hundred of them to get a decent set ;/ most of them are still 3 stars in the special hunting ground with some 4 star, 5 is rare.

I mean the tickets.

I've gotten a ton of 4 stars on mine. And I also wound up with 2 5 stars. I focus on the plains for now though since I can get 10+ cards per ticket there.

In the end though, random is random. Here's a tip though. If you see a bird on a special hunt in the plains, it's phoenix 100% of the time. Special hunts are 3star and up only, and phoenix is the only bird type that's over 3 stars in the plains. In other words, if you see it, get it!

Just found this game today, does anyone still play it? I think its dumb that you never seem to get more that 5 exp per fight regardless of how hard the monsters are. Otherwise seems pretty fun so far, especially if you like collecting things. Battle Points seem to run out a tad too quick, but at least theyre refillable with consumables. In other news, i got Phoenix on my first hunt ever, not even in the special hunting ground lol. Wonder how rare that is

If anyone starts playing as a new player, put in my invite code of GY68003 when you register if you dont mind

orion434

Started playing this past week, going to try to see how far I can get without paying any $$$ I found a 5* Vampire Matron in the first area, she has Life Drain and that ability really kicks ass! My whole party is "Sexy" haha

Top Bottom