• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Red XIII's, Mog's AND Edward's and god knows when we're getting the latter two's MCs
Shadow event is in about two months which comes with a Mog MC and the Rift of Recollection event shortly after I imagine will be the only place to get the MC for Edward or Firion fop that matter (another victim of event skip let's make this tiny FFXIV event last 14 days to fill the schedule).

Also people are speculating now the FFIII event will be skipped so that would mean Ignus needs to be added to that list (well Ignus is a dungeon character but Japan is months off having his MC through dungeons).

Hahaha I have Vanille's. I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

My other one is Aerith which also took forever. I think I have something from White Mage, Summoner and Black Mage but whatever.

I now have Healing Rod and Blizzard Edge which are kind of cool but not character specific. I also hate how the game equips Healing Rod on my BM a lot.

Looks like the 12% drop rate on 5* showed up with this banner!

On that, I am still without a 5* on my 100 gems pull. 0/28...

At 0/29 I will be staring at a "I had less than 5% chance of this streak of bad luck happening when 100 gems pulls started. Yay!

I hate to be that guy after the above post, but i just pulled the partisan on my 100 gem pull. So two successes in a row on those, musk stick and partisan. Not the headliner relics but I'm obviously very pleased, I've been needing a spear and the musk heal has already come in handy.

Edit: the event rewards are pretty disappointing, instead of a Sakura we should be getting a katana considering cyan is one of the featured characters. As it is, the rod armor and dagger are going straight to the junk like for me unfortunately.

Balphon

I hate to be that guy after the above post, but i just pulled the partisan on my 100 gem pull. So two successes in a row on those, musk stick and partisan. Not the headliner relics but I'm obviously very pleased, I've been needing a spear and the musk heal has already come in handy.

Edgar is actually pretty good and Bioblaster is the most reliable source of poison in the game at the moment.

Falk

that puzzling face
Olawdy now I'm compelled to use Vaan all the time just because sword + support + decent ATK stat

FFRK confirmed for worst game ever

It's all good, congrats! I am not wishing my bad luck to anyone. However, seeing people pulling 5-6 5* on 100 gems pull so far is a bit frustrating.

On another note, I am thankful for the Mythrils and I can't wait for Terra's crystal but damn this event just feel like a very boring chore. In fact, 80% or so of each event is slow and boring.

It takes so long to empty my stamina bar on new events... I understand that it's needed for new players but that's really the worse part of the game for me.

Is there a site with full details on the different soul breaks?

Ex: What is the multiplier on Bioblaster? Is it ranged damage or is damage reduced when in the back row? Is the damage based on ATK or MAG?

elty

Looks like the 12% drop rate on 5* showed up with this banner!

On that, I am still without a 5* on my 100 gems pull. 0/28...

At 0/29 I will be staring at a "I had less than 5% chance of this streak of bad luck happening when 100 gems pulls started. Yay!
High five, same here

Balphon

Is there a site with full details on the different soul breaks?

Ex: What is the multiplier on Bioblaster? Is it ranged damage or is damage reduced when in the back row? Is the damage based on ATK or MAG?

There are a couple. This PDF maintained by someone over at reddit is a very good reference.

As for Bioblaster, 3.1, ranged, and ATK. 50% poison. Poison and Venom Strike are 30%.

Kenai

Kaiser Knuckles on my 100 pull? FF6 knows it's my fav. <3

Not Minerva Buster tier but i didn't have any legit 5* knuckles and Sabin is a total bro with a MC no less (aorry Locke).

I have Red XIII's, Mog's AND Edward's and god knows when we're getting the MCs of the last two

We are getting Locke and Mog MC at the same time we get Shadow (and his MC). So like..January? Maybe late December instead....

Edit: yea it's December. Mid December, before the Holiday event with the SSB Celebration banners.

Yep, very lucky.

Also agreed about the event rewards being underwhelming so far. Not many Summon Orbs! Cyan in general just feels like a weaker character too.

So I guess even the NA FFRK servers are Japan based because dang these download times and connectivity after pressing a button are like butter here. Maybe I'm just crazy

Nohar

Well, 12% drop rate. Neat. Still no rolling gacha though. Also, if some of you didn't noticed, the orb rewards are less generous that before (to be exact: they are the same as Japan, whereas we often got more orbs than them in previous events to compensate for skipped events).

I guess that would explain the lack of Summon Orbs this time around!
Is it worth it in this event to use mythril? I've been saving for that mystical orb event I keep hearing about...
The Orb Event is due to start this weekend, you can see more information about it (and other events) here. I pulled on this event just because FF6 is one of my favourites - there are lots of other good ones coming up by looks of it. I don't think i'll have 50 Mythril for all of them so just picking the ones I like the look of most really.

Edit: I literally did those Elite Dungeons not 2 days ago that are required for Sabin, Edgar and Rinoa bonus quests. So much for stamina efficiency!

Road

Is it worth it in this event to use mythril? I've been saving for that mystical orb event I keep hearing about...

IMO, the only thing good on this banner is Mystery Veil. Not worth it. Even if you love FF6 characters, I should probably wait for the second banner because it has Enhancer (can be used by Terra, Golbez, Celes and Gordon). Minerva Bustier is a robe (meh) and the soul break increase is only mag +20% (meh).

Edit: oh, lol, someone killed Terra while I was auto battling the event and typing this response. Some enemy must have Death as an ability.

Edit2: I think I found out what happened. I think she was confused and hit herself while using Zantetsuken. lolol

Falk

that puzzling face
IMO, the only thing good on this banner is Mystery Veil. Not worth it. Even if you love FF6 characters, I should probably wait for the second banner because it has Enhancer (can be used by Terra, Golbez, Celes and Gordon). Minerva Bustier is a robe (meh) and the soul break increase is only mag +20% (meh).

Edit: oh, lol, someone killed Terra while I was auto battling the event and typing this response. Some enemy must have Death as an ability.

Edit2: I think I found out what happened. I think she was confused and hit herself while using Zantetsuken. lolol

I'd commit suicide too if you called my SB armor meh.

Eiko's new SSB is a medium heal and reraise to all allies, damn

And Garnet's is Haste, Shell and Heavy Regen

Was just reading that - the later Soul Breaks in general all look really good. Also nice to see that there is some light for Dragoons down the road - their new abilities look decent.

Valus

The Orb Event is due to start this weekend, you can see more information about it (and other events) here. I pulled on this event just because FF6 is one of my favourites - there are lots of other good ones coming up by looks of it. I don't think i'll have 50 Mythril for all of them so just picking the ones I like the look of most really.

Thanks for responses. So basically you guys are planning on using mythril to recharge stamina to farm orbs? If let's say a Cactuar doesn't show up can you force close the app and restart it for a chance at having them appear? Or is it set it stone the moment a battle starts?

Falk

that puzzling face
It's set the moment you start, as are drops, unless you flee and burn more stam (which case you might as well just go through with it and get lower rewards rather than no rewards)

What's your max stam at?

Valus

Barely like 80. :( I only started a few weeks ago, and there's so many events that take up my stamina that I barely get to use them on story dungeons, and now story dungeons are taking like 60+ stamina to engage and rewarding only one stamina shard, if that. It's frustrating.

You could try doing some of the lower level Elite Dungeons - FF4 and FF6 has some really easy ones that give 2 or sometimes even 3 Stamina shards for Mastering it!

Check the bonus quests too as you'll be able to pick up some extra characters whilst clearing out these Elites.

Balphon

I wouldn't invest in this banner either, but +20% MAG is a lot. It's what Faith gives.

This is a tedious event. I threw a few eggs on Strago to use as my healer and medal weakness guy (four auto attacking melees) and good god, he is pretty useless. Not kimhari levels of course but not too far off.

Red Mage

Eiko's new SSB is a medium heal and reraise to all allies, damn

And Garnet's is Haste, Shell and Heavy Regen

I thought that was Quistis, or does she have the same thing? Also, yeah, all of the later SSBs are crazy. Cloud's latest not only does 8 hits, but then gives whoever summons him the ability to do multi-strikes for several rounds. When I played around on the JP game, I could clear the whole event with almost no abilities and sub-50 level characters thanks to crazy SSBs.

Razmos

I read it wrong, it doesn't give shell, it increases resistance, which stacks with shell. I guess like half a Sentinels Grimoire?

FFT and a normal non-collab FFII event are coming next in japan!
The FFT event will come with a character

Finally :D

yUU7Idql.png

1gm1y3g.gif

Red Mage

I read it wrong, it doesn't give shell, it increases resistance, which stacks with shell. I guess like half a Sentinels Grimoire?

FFT and a normal non-collab FFII event are coming next in japan!
The FFT event will come with a character

Please, please be Ramza!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom