• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardian: Penn St. frat Kappa Delta Rho suspended over nude photos of sleeping women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

A Penn State University fraternity has been suspended after police discovered two private Facebook pages containing pictures of mostly nude women taken while the subjects were sleeping or passed out.

Several members of the Kappa Delta Rho fraternity contributed photos to the Facebook pages, according to a search warrant obtained by local news station WJAC TV.

One page, called “Covert Business Transactions”, was deleted after a victim allegedly discovered the page. In its place, fraternity members created a second version called “2.0”, police said.

State College police said nearly 150 current students and alumni had access to the private pages, which also included photos of hazing and drug sales. Most of the other photos were primarily of women, partially clothed.

“It appears they were passed out or sleeping,” Lt Keith Robb of the State College police told WJAC TV.

“Delta Rho, the chapter was immediately placed on full chapter suspension by Penn State’s Interfraternity Council,” the IFC said in a statement. “Upon completion of all investigation into this matter, Kappa Delta Rho will be summoned by the IFC to undergo a conduct review session.”
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...d-facebook-pages-women-sleeping?CMP=edit_2221

The IFC is Penn State's Interfraternity council.

Also, good to know that Kappa Delta Rho is a bunch of creepers. Another frat that my theoretical future son will avoid if he decides to pledge.

I've always been the type to consider the consequences of my actions, a fact which some likely think makes me real boring. After reading constant stories like this, I recognize two facts: there aren't enough people who do this, and I am real glad that I do this.

studyguy

Why would you make all that shit public... drug sales and nudes of unconscious women?
Absolutely braindead. You'd think someone would leak that shit at some point.

Kiru

Came here for pics....

Leaving disappointed
battlefieldbishhpps5.gif

" I don't know what your generation's fascination is with documenting your every thought... but I can assure you, they're not all diamonds." - Easy A

Some idiotic thought process to make this shit period, but to put it on FB is basically hanging yourself.

If alum are on there then it seems like it's been happening for awhile.

If there's 'only' 150 involved, I'd argue that means it was a very recent thing. Then again, this kind of thing would only remain secret for a long time if you kept the group number small, so...

i'm surprised they managed to take proper pictures considering how much they look the other way

Damn.

Bowler

On the serious note... it's good that it was caught. And people can be charged and penalized. I can't even imagine some of this shit on the deep web, tor, ftp shit that never gets found out.

DarkKyo

Is it wrong of me to think that all frat members are rapists? Fraternities and rape just go hand in hand it seems.

TomShoe

Banned
Damn, the police are scanning every kind of social media. I wouldn't be surprised if they've searched through my Facebook page once or twice. If I wouldn't want my mom to see it, I wouldn't post it for the world to see.

Came here for pics....

Leaving disappointed

Like it's that hard to find pics of nude women on the internet.

EDIT: Saw that 2nd post, I think you might be in too deep friend :/

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
" I don't know what your generation's fascination is with documenting your every thought... but I can assure you, they're not all diamonds." - Easy A

Some idiotic thought process to make this shit period, but to put it on FB is basically hanging yourself.

If there's 'only' 150 involved, I'd argue that means it was a very recent thing. Then again, this kind of thing would only remain secret for a long time if you kept the group number small, so...

Damn.

That and we don't know if it was just a private page for this specific thing or a general page for the frats shenanigans. Alum could mean they've been out of school for a year or two.

People, Frats have been doing this shit for decades. When Polaroids came out, pictures were taken of women passed out and posted on a wall of shame. It's gross, but it's nothing new.

Good on this universities IFC for the decision, but more things at Universities need to be handled by actual police.

Is it wrong of me to think that all frat members are rapists? Fraternities and rape just go hand in hand it seems.

As a Fraternity alumni, I'd say yes. I won't get into the whole "positive aspects of Greek life" argument, but I will just reiterate that the vast majority of members I encountered are good people, and nothing like those people in the headline news stories

Ourobolus

Banned
Shitty. Glad the IFC and the police are actually looking into it though.
Glad I never joined a frat there though. I know the majority of them there are basically harmless, but there's always a few that take everything way too damn far. What a bunch of idiots.

Kiru

This is a fantastic, never before seen by me Bish gif. Props to whoever made it.

Amazing. Anyone have the original source for this gif?
I made it after people suggested it in a thread. They said to spread it more because that thread died quickly... so here I am :D It's from weird live action trailer for Battlefield Hardline on Youtube. I believe some UK Youtubers were involved. Source is in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=999728

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom