• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardian: Penn St. frat Kappa Delta Rho suspended over nude photos of sleeping women

Status
Not open for further replies.

andymcc

Banned
Dogpiling but asking for nude pictures of unconscious (and possibly drugged) persons is wrong.

maybe it's the bad quality of both the manga dvd and laser disc i have, but i never noticed that cum ever so slightly moves.

and jesus christ frats are terrible.

Aesius

Most frats are scummy organizations. Their charitable work doesn't make up for the fact that most of them are filled with arrogant, entitled douches who do shit like this on a regular basis.

andymcc

Banned
It's mind-boggling to me why anyone would think it's a good idea to post these kinds of shit online.

it's mind-boggling that people take these sorts of photos in the first place tbqh

Pretty much my thoughts too. Frats are the least appealing "subculture" ever to me.

one of the frats at the campus i work on got busted for putting photos of very intoxicated drunk girls that were flashing on their college humor page.

The Llama

I went to Penn State, though I wasn't in a frat. You always heard rumors and whispers of stuff like this happening at frats though, just pleasantly surprises me someone actually decided to go to the police about it! Wonder if this will spur students in other frats around the country to either stop this stuff... or just vow to keep it more hidden. Because I bet this is VERY common.

giga

Pretty clear, if it wasn't before, that the college Greek system has a significant culture problem.

It's mind-boggling to me why anyone would think it's a good idea to post these kinds of shit online.

Well these guys got caught but I'm sure it's a common practice, the others just aren't as stupid as to post them on facebook. Probably even sell them, I'm gonna bet.

way more

Sounds like it was just big misunderstanding. A anonymous member sent Philadephia a statement explaining the whole thing.

[T]he thing is, that it was a satirical group. It's like, there's literally sites like that that millions of people access, whether it's totalfratmove.com or any of the other thousands of sites that post, you know, pictures of girls and post funny text conversations and Snapchat stories and things like that. It was a satirical group. It wasn't malicious whatsoever. It wasn't intended to hurt anyone. It wasn't intended to demean anyone...Some of the stuff, yeah, it's raunchy stuff, as you would expect from a bunch of college-aged guys. But, I mean, you could go on any one of hundreds and thousands of different sites to access the same kind of stuff and obviously a lot worse and a lot more explicit.

He was also concerned that the media attention will "ruin people's lives and unjustly ruin reputations."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto...nn_state_pictures_of_non_consenting_nude.html

Rell

I remember when I was in school everyone associated fraternities with date rape. But not, like, actually literally; instead it was just used as a way to demean and marginalize frat guys by mocking them with a stereotype. Nobody actually thought these guys were committing sexual assault, but everyone wanted to compare them to the type of person that DOES sexually assault others.

Anyway, the joke in my circle of friends evolved from "date rape" to "DR" to "Delta Rho." Then everyone just grinned and fucked with frat guys and joked about being in "Delta Rho" or something like "are you from Delta Rho?"

It was really stupid. But also kind of fun to make baseless accusations and essentially pick on people you thought were total pieces of shit, rather than, like, beat up someone you thought was a nerd or something.

The name of this fraternity reminded me of this story.

jmood88

I remember when I was in school everyone associated fraternities with date rape. But not, like, actually literally; instead it was just used as a way to demean and marginalize frat guys by mocking them with a stereotype. Nobody actually thought these guys were committing sexual assault, but everyone wanted to compare them to the type of person that DOES sexually assault others.

Anyway, the joke in my circle of friends evolved from "date rape" to "DR" to "Delta Rho." Then everyone just grinned and fucked with frat guys and joked about being in "Delta Rho" or something like "are you from Delta Rho?"

It was really stupid. But also kind of fun to make baseless accusations and essentially pick on people you thought were total pieces of shit, rather than, like, beat up someone you thought was a nerd or something.

The name of this fraternity reminded me of this story.

what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom