• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition launches in English on May 2 in Asia

Gematsu.

gundam-breaker-3_2017crs0m.jpg

gundam-breaker-3_2017cqsf3.jpg

Bandai Namco will release the Gundam Breaker 3 “Break Edition” bundle in English for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in Southeast Asia on May 2, the company announced.

The Break Edition includes the Gundam Breaker 3 main game and all six downloadable content expansion packs. These add new customization abilities, a varied lineup of new units, additional story missions, and more.

If you already own Gundam Breaker 3 and purchase the Break Edition, save data from the Break Edition will override existing save data from Gundam Breaker 3. The save data can then only be used with the Break Edition, and no longer with Gundam Breaker 3 . If your device has save data from Gundam Breaker 3 and all six downloadable content expansion, these version as well as the Break Edition will be playable.

Here’s an overview of Gundam Breaker 3, via Bandai Namco:

Gundam Breaker 3 is the third instalment of the popular Gundam plastic model (also known as “Gunpla”) action game that lets players freely combine Gunpla heads, torsos, arms and other parts to create their very own original unit. Players destroy enemy Gunpla units to acquire new parts, and use them to create new original Gunpla to fight alongside their comrades in co-op battles against huge enemy Gunpla units. The newest game features enhanced equipment that units can be fitted with for advanced levels of customization, aside from recombining parts in different ways. SD Gundam BB Senshi have also been added as player support units. Choose between 1/144 scale HG (High Grade) and 1/100 scale MG (Master Grade) parts. Use your imagination and creativity to conceive your very own original Gunpla!

More pics at the link.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Fuck, I just bought the game a few weeks ago.... Any incentive to keep the original game? :/
It's just a repackage with all the dlc included. Iirc the price is almost the same as buying the game at the lower price and dlc.

Since I've been unable to get an answer on either Gematsu or Twitter -

Does anyone know whether the DLC content is on the cart or on a download voucher? Because that's the difference between importing or not for me.

Btw, I love the Breaker series. Yeah, repetitive, but 1 & 2 are fantastic to return to every now and again just to grind some new equipment on. Still haven't played 3 yet - I've been waiting for when I'm really in the mood so I can properly enjoy it :p

I would have waited if I knew this was the case. I'd love to play the DLC but I already have the platinum and there aren't any trophies associated with the DLC as far as I know.

Alucrid

Banned
so that save thing is confusing. i played the regular edition but no dlc. so my save won't be able to be carried over?

so that save thing is confusing. i played the regular edition but no dlc. so my save won't be able to be carried over?

It sounds like it carries over but it overwrites your original save and you can't apply it if you were to go back and play the base version of GB3 for whatever reason.

Shizuka

It's hard to tell for certain but if I had to guess I think the DLC is on the disc, hence the language behind the save file stuff. I'm just guessing, though.

Guess I'll wait before I open my copy. If it's on the disc/card, I'll just sell my vanilla one.

salromano

Since I've been unable to get an answer on either Gematsu or Twitter -

Does anyone know whether the DLC content is on the cart or on a download voucher? Because that's the difference between importing or not for me.

Btw, I love the Breaker series. Yeah, repetitive, but 1 & 2 are fantastic to return to every now and again just to grind some new equipment on. Still haven't played 3 yet - I've been waiting for when I'm really in the mood so I can properly enjoy it :p

The press release doesn't say. I assume it's on the disc, but I'll send a message over and try to find out.

The press release doesn't say. I assume it's on the disc, but I'll send a message over and try to find out.

Sorry Sal, I didn't mean that as a dig against your site. Thanks for checking though. It's an easy import for me if it's on-cart for Vita; hard pass if it's a DLC voucher since I can't change accounts.

Play-Asia's website have this listed on the Chinese version:

Please be advised that all codes (DLC) will only work with PSN accounts from the same country (region)

Which makes me think voucher.

Shizuka

Sorry Sal, I didn't mean that as a dig against your site. Thanks for checking though. It's an easy import for me if it's on-cart for Vita; hard pass if it's a DLC voucher since I can't change accounts.

That bit is a disclaimer they include whenever "DLC" is involved, but I still think it wouldn't be a DLC code, or else the game save wouldn't overwrite the old one, it'd literally be the old game packaged with a DLC code.

That bit is a disclaimer they include whenever "DLC" is involved, but I still think it wouldn't be a DLC code, or else the game save wouldn't overwrite the old one, it'd literally be the old game packaged with a DLC code.

Quite possibly, I'm just expecting the worst. The only other GOTY-esque Vita release I can think of is LBP Marvel Superheroes and that game was patched to 1.00 and didn't include the DLC on the cart.

Shizuka

Quite possibly, I'm just expecting the worst. The only other GOTY-esque Vita release I can think of is LBP Marvel Superheroes and that game was patched to 1.00 and didn't include the DLC on the cart.

If there is one game that deserved a rerelease with all DLC, it'd be Muramasa Rebirth. Still, I'll take Gundam Breaker 3.

The game has such a solid gameplay and customization. Too bad it's too repetitive I had to drop it after 5 hours or so.

It's a low budget game and it shows, specifically from the level & mission designs that lead to the repetitiveness.

salromano

I didn't take it as a dig at all, don't worry!

Anyhow, I never got a response from the first rep I emailed, so I reached out to a different rep today and got a response: "It is like a GOTY edition so everything will be in the disc."

There ya have it. Looks like you're safe!

Anyhow, I never got a response from the first rep I emailed, so I reached out to a different rep today and got a response: "It is like a GOTY edition so everything will be in the disc."

Thanks for getting back about this. Ill buy it now.

Completely missed this. Thanks for the response Sal!

Thanks for getting back about this. Ill buy it now.

You getting Vita or PS4?

Completely missed this. Thanks for the response Sal!

You getting Vita or PS4?

If box art is same with break edition written, ps4. if box art is completely different, Vita.

SRW V is expensive so I just got Vita instead of both. same with SD Gundam G D-generation X suck it Genesis.

Flunkie

Banned

Woo hoo! Getting this on Vita then! Hopefully performance might be patched up a little too eh?

JPS Kai

Man, Namco keeps getting my money in the worst ways. Once I wrap up Summer Lesson, I'm all for trying out the Breaker series for the first time.

Takao

Banned
You guys can be my guinea pigs for the DLC on Vita. I don't believe for a second they'll actually put it all on there.

You guys can be my guinea pigs for the DLC on Vita. I don't believe for a second they'll actually put it all on there.

I would also like to know for sure they're on the cart before I buy, so if someone could post here when they get the Vita version that would be great.

Also interested to know if the patches are on the cart.

Good chance I'll pick this up during the week for the Vita at my local shop. Probably Thursday... If no one posts before then, I'll give some impressions.

Hmmm... Perhaps I should get this finally. Played a bit on a friend's PS Vita, enjoyed the hell out of it. Probably gonna pick it up for PS4.

Good chance I'll pick this up during the week for the Vita at my local shop. Probably Thursday... If no one posts before then, I'll give some impressions.

If you can post whether the DLC and patches are on the cart or not in this thread I'd really, really appreciate it.

Bad news, y'all. My store only had the original version in stock. :( There's another​ spot close to work I can check tomorrow. Sorry to let you guys down...

Ventara

Bad news, y'all. My store only had the original version in stock. :( There's another​ spot close to work I can check tomorrow. Sorry to let you guys down...

Well, one more day isn't gonna kill us. Looking forward to reading from you tomorrow.

LMN

Most of the local retailer I spoke with confirm that ps4 dlc is within the disc, but they can't confirm for the vita version since they do not want the risk of opening and risk ruining the seal game. So most "assume" that is a download voucher.
Only one retailer who has a friend who own the vita version confirm with me that the dlc is within the vita game card.
There also one other thing I notice is that there are no psn network notice/requirement on the back of the game package. It might mean something it it might not. Lastly one of the play asia cs told me that the dlc is within the game card, but I'm still kinda skeptical since the cs wrote "gundam breaker 3" and not the "break version".
I know that this is not a confirmation or anything but at the very least it give us some lead I guess. I want to hear more confirmation so i can buy the game already lol

Convinced the wife to walk with me to the other store. Better luck, but not quite paydirt. I was told they had the PS4 version in, but the Vita edition wouldn't be in stock until the 14th. I tried, but 0-2. :/

Convinced the wife to walk with me to the other store. Better luck, but not quite paydirt. I was told they had the PS4 version in, but the Vita edition wouldn't be in stock until the 14th. I tried, but 0-2. :/

Hey, you're trying, thanks for the effort!

Most of the local retailer I spoke with confirm that ps4 dlc is within the disc, but they can't confirm for the vita version since they do not want the risk of opening and risk ruining the seal game. So most "assume" that is a download voucher.
Only one retailer who has a friend who own the vita version confirm with me that the dlc is within the vita game card.
There also one other thing I notice is that there are no psn network notice/requirement on the back of the game package. It might mean something it it might not. Lastly one of the play asia cs told me that the dlc is within the game card, but I'm still kinda skeptical since the cs wrote "gundam breaker 3" and not the "break version".
I know that this is not a confirmation or anything but at the very least it give us some lead I guess. I want to hear more confirmation so i can buy the game already lol

Thanks for this. I'm leaning towards it being legit on the cart, but I'd like confirmation.

Does anyone know the file size of the base game? That might help work it out, because the patches are 900MB+.

Ventara

I think I'll just go ahead and import a copy now. Even if the DLC isn't on the cart, I'd still like to own a copy since it's in English.

Where's the best place to order a Vita copy?

Top Bottom