• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
[20:27] <neo0mj> but man do I hate the Gouf

6889365887_2ebf4dc81f.jpg

6889376525_6fe95d17ea.jpg

6889435859_6ce1c0d1dd.jpg

6889437443_2af6986ae4.jpg

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Good games, gentlemen.

If anyone's looking for a secondhand copy of the game, PM me.

Mad salty

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
ggs tonight everyone. Gonna have to practice the timing to block Gold Sumo's universe more.

Can somebody explain to me why I am playing Messala? Because I have no idea why I am playing Messala.

Also it would be nice to know what to do with it's melee. Particularly the one where it tosses the target up in the air, I am not entirely sure what the follow up to it is.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Because you are lost and confused, and still haven't decided on a main yet.

Good games, folks. Back to learning Waifu Omega.

Can somebody explain to me why I am playing Messala? Because I have no idea why I am playing Messala.

Also it would be nice to know what to do with it's melee. Particularly the one where it tosses the target up in the air, I am not entirely sure what the follow up to it is.

Because it's purple? Purple is a godly color.

And I hope you didn't just shrug off the tips I left in IRC. I might have gotten stomped tonight, but I've carried whole teams with my Messala before! Ah hell, even if you did, here are some more:

That grabbing move you mentioned - 4/6 B - has a follow up. If you press A afterwards, it shoots the target with missiles point blank. Of course, the target will almost always fall out of it if you don't hit it raw, so that follow up is kind of meh. I personally like to toss someone in the air, dash cancel forward and then toss them again.

I also usually lead with 8B when I want to land melee - it has decent range, and the spinning motion helps hide some of the Messala's bulk. I can't find a use for the spin kick, though - I know it puts them in spin fall, but it's so slow that I get hit out of it almost instantly. On the rare chance that I land it, however, I like to step cancel backwards, and then hit them with the talons as they fall down.

Edit: I just combo'd a melee grab into a spin kick. Doesn't seem all that useful, though.

Of course, if Shouta, Donkey or any other players that are more experienced than me refutes anything I wrote, I'll keep my mouth shut and take notes.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll have to find a way to nuke that goddamned dope fiend and his rolling piece of scrap metal...
GkXOG.jpg

Hagi

Received this today, mighty expensive but damn if it isn't worth it. Need to pick something and stick with it so i can pick up the controls its fun messing about in free battle but i'd like to not suck.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Generally, suits fall into one of three categories. Melee focused, range focus and balanced. It's a pretty wide spectrum though, so you're bound to find something that suits you.

Enron

Banned
Generally, suits fall into one of three categories. Melee focused, range focus and balanced. It's a pretty wide spectrum though, so you're bound to find something that suits you.

There's something for everyone, and the Quant is for cocks.

MechaX

Playing with Gundam GAF so much has spoiled me. Tried jumping into a random japanese room this morning and was expecting team synergy out of habit. There was one really good Blue Destiny and a crapload of newer players picking Master/Destiny/Justice. And one Destiny player ragequitted after getting styled on by Puru.

JKTrix

I had the game in my bag today as I was driving around, going to give it to a local friend while my system is out of commission. That Linkin Park song came on the radio and I was smiling for the rest of the trip.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
GG's everyone. Think I need to take a day or two off Fundam. Didn't feel like I was doing as good as I could have tonight and last night.

Haly

Hey I've been moving away from HA and have been FFing less ever since!

Haly

Tables are known to be flipped whenever Shouta plays.

There is a reason he is known as Gackt, destroyer of dreams in #gafgundam.

Not sure if that's the real reason though.

ggs everyone. Granted it's only been two days since I last played, I can fucking feel the lag time, especially after going back to a stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom