• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam for Chihiro!!

Last I heard Namco is making this game.

Namco is working on the more relastic sims, while Capcom is in charge of action oriented arcade Gundam games.

DarkCloud

I hope that Capcom does have some part of this. A home port that used the Steel Battalion control would be an almost guaranteed seller to the group that put down 200 on the game.

This game interests me...Steel Battalion was a great game for ground mech combat. I'd love to see a space battle mech simulator based around the Gundam series.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
A while ago when I was bright eyed and cheery I had hopes that there would be some games that used the Tekki (Steel Batallion) controller. Those days are long gone and I sit home.

Alone.

Alone and crying.

Joe

ichiro.jpg

Taken from AEUG Gunota:

Game Watch also has an article up covering the unveiling of the Gundam Battle Operating Simulator at Banpresto's booth in the 42nd Amusement Machine Show.

The movement of the MS is controlled using the two levers. The pedal is used for making small jumps by itself and large ones while moving left & right with the sticks. One can also dash using pedal input & moving above the ground and flight is possible as well. For attacks, the righthand lever's trigger is for the beam rifle and the thumb activates the vulcans. On the lefthand lever, the trigger calls up the beam saber and the thumb is used to guard.

The Fed MS lineup now includes the Alex while the enemy MS are the Zaku II, Rick Dom, Z'Gok, Gelgoog, and the Gouf. It's not known if one will be able to control the Zeon MS as G-BOS is only 30% complete at the moment. It's said that the game will hit the streets in the Spring.

http://www.banpresto.co.jp/japan/amuse/machine/gbos/index.html

The GBOS is actually modeled from the simulator seen in the original anime Mobile Suit Gundam (1979).

Oh, speaking of From Software:

A new PS2 mecha game from Banpresto and From Software called "Another Century's Episode" was announced in Japan. It'll feature mecha from 9 shows: Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Aura Battler Dunbine, Heavy Metal L-Gaim, Blue Comet SPT Layzner, Metal Armor Dragonar, New Mobile Report Gundam Wing, Char's Counterattack, Martian Successor Nadesico, and Brain Powerd. The main concept behind the production is stated as "embodying in 3D the yearning to be an ace pilot". You can operate 40 mecha and more than 100 rival robots will appear. The game will keep with the established sense of scale of the mecha for each respective series, from the 7-meter Dunbine to the 22-meter Nu Gundam. By acquiring "ace points" one can strengthen and customize their units. The image and ending theme songs will be sung by Hitomi Shimatani and the single will be released in time with the game. A.C.E. itself will go on sale in January.

My mistake, Namco is working on an arcade Gundam game called "Project Pegasus."

Top Bottom