• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose and Slash are back on good terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sl...re-friends-again-it-was-probably-way-overdue/

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash has confirmed that he has rekindled his friendship with the band's lead singer Axl Rose — six years after the frontman called him "a cancer."

Speaking to Aftonbladet TV in Sweden, where Slash was making a special appearance on Friday (August 21) for a launch event for the Marshall London phone, the guitarist said of his restored relationship with Axl (see video below): "It was probably way overdue, you know. But it's…. you know, it's very cool at this point. You know, let some of that, sort of, negative… dispel some of that negative stuff that was going on for so long."

Slash was asked about the possibility of a reunion of the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup on the May 7 edition of "CBS This Morning" and gave a somewhat surprising answer. He replied: "I've got to be careful what I say there. I mean, if everybody wanted to do it and do it for the right reasons, I think the fans would love it. I think it might be fun at some point to try and do that."

What's the full story of their feud?

Or at least a cliffnotes version? A classic money/fame/power creating a rift story or was it something different?

Myles Kennedy is so much better than Axl, though. I know Myles has Alter Bridge, but Slash is really in a better place with his current project.

Gandalf

Myles Kennedy is so much better than Axl, though. I know Myles has Alter Bridge, but Slash is really in a better place with his current project.

Been listening to Slash's live album in Stoke on Spotify... And I actually prefer Myles Kennedy's voice. So I agree.

123rl

Solo careers going badly then?

Add me to the list of people who prefer Miles Kennedy anyway. I used to like GnR but they've lost their relevancy now now. The only benefit to this would be brief nostalgia

Tenebrous

Not quite the same as Gilmour & Waters getting back on good terms, but eh, maybe they'll do a decent concert... Probably not.

Calderc

I think the cocaine finally wore off and Axl realised DJ Ashba wasn't actually Slash, just a shitty impersonator all these years.

Kuroyume

Banned
He could sing before?

Uhhhh, yes?

Anyway, who cares? Axl has had superior musicans (Buckethead/Bumblefoot) in his band since Slash left and it didn't matter. As long as he fucking continues to take his time doing god knows what instead of releasing music I don't know why anyone would care. The next release will reportedly be old Chinese Democracy and Slash-era material instead of new stuff... Assuming it ever comes out. And yeah, Axl can't sing anymore. Constantly out of breath.

Not suprising because lately their music has taken on the same shitty sound of too much pro tools. I will buy what ever shit they make in the hope it will be that Appitite sound and be disappointed.

Maybe Miles has a better voice now, but Axel is by far a better writer/artist . He wrote practically all of GNR's greatest songs, including 'Estranged', which is a masterpiece.

No that was Izzy.

Cool I guess. I've enjoyed Slash's side projects much more than anything G'n'R put out after Appetite. If Guns reforms with the original lineup, great. If not, I'm totally okay with Myles Kennedy singing with Slash for the rest of their career. I can't help but feel this is Axl's last gasp at staying relevant after Bumblefoot left the band.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Not suprising because lately their music has taken on the same shitty sound of too much pro tools. I will buy what ever shit they make in the hope it will be that Appitite sound and be disappointed.

No that was Izzy.

Stradlin, wrote yes. But not their best songs. He was great too.

-Eddman-

I would go to see them live, but yeah, Axl's singing mostly sucks these days. The funny thing is that Slash is probably better now live than in the early 90s, when he was loaded with heroin most of the time.

213372bu

Banned
And Axl will continue to be back in bad terms.

I don't see how you could get friendly with this guy at all. Not only is this guy just really salty in general, he has done some pretty petty things too after. And then we he gets called out on doing stupid shit, and is forced to stop acting like a child, he gets even more childish and upset.

And it is going to happen again.

Marshall phone?

It's an android phone with focus on audio quality and music playing capabilities, like a physical volume control wheel. I think it was designed by some former Nokia folks.

Guns N' Roses reunion would be pretty interesting thing. Chinese Democracy was not that bad, but Slash's last two albums were actually really good. If they combine their efforts they may still be capable of doing an album as good as one of the Use Your Illusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom