• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy looks at Internet pics, concludes "Dogs hate hugs" in blog post

Status
Not open for further replies.
... did no dog ever (without being trained) :)

Notice the lip lick on the dog that got hugged, which is usually code for "stop that, I'm stressed".
Nah, he starts licking his lips before the hug. The owner is probably holding a treat or something.

I think it's rather obvious that most dogs don't enjoy being hugged tightly, but many of them seek physical contact. One of our dogs is not happy until she can give us a hug after coming home.

2MF

Nah, he starts licking his lips before the hug. The owner is probably holding a treat or something.

That's true. Could either be what you said, or that he knows what's coming after going through it a few times :)

I think it's rather obvious that most dogs don't enjoy being hugged tightly, but many of them seek physical contact. One of our dogs is not happy until she can give us a hug after coming home.

Nice :) My dog definitely seeks physical contact too, usually in the form of pressing his torso/head against us. Hugging is a no-no for him though.

The Beard

Yep, dogs don't like hugs, I thought everybody sort of knew this. You can feel them tense up. They'll "allow" it if they're comfortable with you, but they don't like that shit. Stop pretending like your dog loves it, because they don't.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
GAF plz hug

NHNHKzg.gif

DrSlek

I conducted my own study this morning. I slept in and my dog jumped up on the bed, and shoved his upper body under my arm so that my arm wrapped around him in a hug. When I removed my arm from around him he did it again.

My conclusion is that my dog loves hugs. He also loves to jump up into my arms and be picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom