• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

1430228489_afab0b6ca30bbe2dd8d6daff4bfb5b56.jpg

i just like scrolling passed this, it's trippy af

"the six" is actually a lowkey reference to a lodge out in alberta that sells caribou jerky with a bag of milk for 6 pounds, while "woes" refers directly to identity problems some canadians have as a result of living in a frozen wasteland formerly brit in some parts, french in others, and still lacking a unifying identity since the poor sales of alanis morissette's last offering

source: unapproved rapgenius submissions

lmao

Esch

Banned
identity problems some canadians have as a result of living in a frozen wasteland formerly brit in some parts, french in others, and still lacking a unifying identity

sohh, we really going to say this when we're outchea having race riots a couple times a year and probably becoming bilingual in some states in the next couple decades. We aint cobbled together piecemeal from ex-euro colonies?

JgZs64Q.png

HiResDes

The new Pyramid Vritra is pretty good too, sounds like an early Odd Future album if Tyler, Left Brain, and Earl ingested a bunch of acid and just became hippies.

Dereck

The new Pyramid Vritra is pretty good too, sounds like an early Odd Future album if Tyler, Left Brain, and Earl ingested a bunch of acid and just became hippies.
It's just about as good as his last Stonesthrow EP.

He's in Jeremiah Jae ville when it comes to rapping.

wait, are yall telling me he isn't saying "woats" on know yourself? as in, running through toronto with his winners of all time? was that shit retroactively changed, 'cause i could have sworn it was woats (which is still the woat acronym smh).

IrishNinja

sohh, we really going to say this when we're outchea having race riots a couple times a year and probably becoming bilingual in some states in the next couple decades. We aint cobbled together piecemeal from ex-euro colonies?

JgZs64Q.png

that's kinda what defines us tho, isnt it? melting pot of violence and international ass is pretty much what i'dve written on the statue, it's a good sell

The new Oddisee is so good.

+1

Nibel

Floyd Mayweather Is Putting Up $10 Million For Suge Knight's Bail

Floyd Mayweather Jr. is getting ready for his massive fight with Manny Pacquiao this weekend but in the meantime, he plans to help out his friend, Suge Knight, once its over. Knight's lawyer just revealed to the New York Daily News that after Floyd handles business this weekend he's going to come back to California and put up Knight's bail, which is currently set at $10 million.

Knight is currently in jail on murder and attempted murder charges following a hit-and-run incident that left Terry Carter dead. Whether Floyd actually posts Knight's $10 million bail next week remains to be seen, but in the above video, Knight's lawyer seems very confident. Mayweather does have a net worth of $280 million—and it's being reported that he will make an additional $120 million by fighting Pacquiao on May 2. We will continue to update this story as more details emerge.

Grzi

Revisiting KING by TI, shit was great, still holds up very very well.

His best album by far, shit's so good, some of Just Blaze's best beats too, and that's saying something.

T.I. was definitely the king back then, the way he spazzed out on this performance, whew... Still gives me the chills. Wayne's and Birdman's looks during B.G.'s verse are priceless too.

01. .Wav Theory
02. Clean Up (Feat. Chance The Rapper)
03. Involved (Feat. Vic Mensa)
04. Free Your Mind (Feat. Donnie Trumpet)
05. God In Me (Feat. Leather Corduroys)
06. RN
07. I Know You
08. Addicted
09. Reflection
10. Break You Off
11. Heaven Only Knows (Feat. Chance The Rapper, Lido & Eryn Allen Kane)
12. Oscillate
I've listened to this a few times since it came out. Not the best rapper in his crew but dude makes great music. His last EP got a lot of car time, this probably will too.

IrishNinja

Haha, nah I'm not really a boxing guy. Just strange to me how all of Floyd's past (mainly him beating up women) goes under the radar.

it doesn't, the same way tyson's many sins don't...its just that, most major athletes are huge pieces of shit. this doesn't excuse that one bit, but i find you only get to enjoy the game when you detach yourself from what they do outside the ring...think most rappers in interviews/daily life too, same principle

Fjordson

it doesn't, the same way tyson's many sins don't...its just that, most major athletes are huge pieces of shit. this doesn't excuse that one bit, but i find you only get to enjoy the game when you detach yourself from what they do outside the ring...think most rappers in interviews/daily life too, same principle
I dunno, Floyd has to be one of the worst out there. And it's not just one or two incidents, it's a long series of them. And it's weird to see Sportscenter and other media outlets camping out in Vegas hyping it up to no end, but then other guys like Ray Rice basically shut down the news cycle and has everyone's focus. Adrian Peterson almost got run out of the NFL for his child abuse thing, while Mayweather continues to build on his mountain of cash.

Not to be all high and mighty, I get why the average boxing fan is hyped for this fight. I guess this is more a criticism of the media and their selective outrage

Man I love this thread. And everyone that posts here is awesome. I've discovered so much good music these last several days from artists I've never heard of until this week. I've been so out of the loop with music these last few years it's ridiculous. Still haven't even listened to GKMC, Yeezus, or any of the big releases (let alone the smaller ones) these past few years outside of a few tracks.

Any recommendations for some 'essentials' from over the past couple years would be appreciated.

Courage

Man I love this thread. And everyone that posts here is awesome. I've discovered so much good music these last several days from artists I've never heard of until this week. I've been so out of the loop with music these last few years it's ridiculous. Still haven't even listened to GKMC, Yeezus, or any of the big releases (let alone the smaller ones) these past few years outside of a few tracks.

Any recommendations for some 'essentials' from over the past couple years would be appreciated.

Ka - The Night's Gambit
Shabazz Palaces - Black Up
Danny Brown - XXX
Billy Woods - Today I Wrote Nothing
Killer Mike - RAP Music
Run The Jewels - RTJ2
Freddie Gibbs - Piñata
Curren$y - Covert Coup
Lil Ugly Mane - Mista Thug Isolation

My eccentric pick:
ASAP Ferg - Trap Lord

These are all albums from recent years that I thought were fantastic. Let us know what you think.

Az

GKMC
Now. Today. This second. ASAP.

Fjordson

Blu & Exile - Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them
Drake - Nothing Was the Same

Run The Jewels 1 and 2, for sure. RAP Music if you want more Killer Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom