• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Häagen-Dazs is the goat ice cream

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
HD ice cream bars at Costco. 9 bars go on deal for like $10 CDN. Everyone at the office seems to know about that and buys it!

I also like Chapman's Premium ice cream (in the round tub). Not a high end ice cream, but better than the low end stuff. Good value for a 2L tub.

One of my favorites. Taste's like soda. 1/2 gallon too.

wyLe8v0.png

There is this local gelato restaurant in my city that has the best ice cream I have ever tasted.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I had some ice cream in New Orleans made by a retired school teacher it was some of the best I have ever had. It was chocolate and marshmallow. The ice cream tasted like marshmallow and was amazing.

store brought Hagen dazs coffee is brilliant. Blue bell is good too.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
overrated. Blue bell just as good if not better. Their flavors are lame also... Their pistachio so bad

Last edited:

Puscifer

Haagen Daaz used to be GOATED mass produced ice cream but something changed. I dunno what, but it just did. Feels like it's less cream these days and doesn't have the same texture to make it worth the purchase. These days, though, I'm 100% down for local ice cream shops mixing up their own stuff. There's one right up the road from me that has a cheesecake ice cream that fucks my shit up beyond ANYTHING I can get at the store with free exceptions.

But I will say if you're down south with blue bell or Winn Dixie and you don't try Creole Cream Cheese you're doing yourself a disservice

Not even joking, moving back to the West Coast brought me joy that Tillamook was back in regular rotation for me.

dave_d

There is this local gelato restaurant in my city that has the best ice cream I have ever tasted.

Personally my favorite is a small frozen custard chain that we happen to have a branch called Abbott's. (Admittedly a lot of ice cream has eggs in it so many of them are also custards.)

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You guys in the US get 10x better ice cream stuff than here in Canada. We have a good brand here too called Kawartha. Not sure if in US.

Most of the ice cream in stores here seem mostly skewed to Breyers, Nestle, Chapmans, Kawartha, Haagan Dasz, and the store brand.

Last edited:
yeah, Häagen-Dazs is pretty decent entry going into the "fancier" ice cream tier. I remember learning from people over in China that it's actually marketed as high end ice cream over there back like 10+ years ago when they first got into that market. as in a luxury item kinda thing. they even had ads using the theme tagline "if you love her, buy her Häagen-Dazs." like it's freaking diamond ring or something. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

for me, I like Ben & Jerry's a little more than Häagen-Dazs. this one especially.

esqSlwU.jpeg

tried it when it first came out just out of curiosity. but loved it ever since.

Last edited:
We usually stick to Tillamook because it's a relatively good value for the quality and they have some interesting flavors. Every couple weeks there's a deal to get a 48 oz container for $3 to $4 in my area.

ice_cream_orange_cream.png
Icecream-chocolate-collection-german-chocolate-cake-pdp-hero.png
BR22_48oz_Carton_MarionberryPie_Rndr_FNL.png
ice_cream_campfire_peanutbutter_crunch.png

The issue with Häagen-Dazs is the price isn't too far off from going out for ice cream and some of the places by me have way better and more creative ice cream than anything you'll experience from the store. We do sometimes get the Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars from Costco when they're on sale, but they're pretty basic compared to the flavors that HD offers in their 14 oz containers.

I've tried Talenti a couple times before, but it's a little icy compared to HD or Tillamook. It might be an issue with how it's stored by me or maybe an issue with my freezer.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Ben & Jerry’s for me. Loaded with big chunks of cookie dough, brownies, nuts, pretzels, whatever else they put in there.

Dr.D00p

Ben & Jerry's?

Take away all 'the bits' and there's hardly any actual fucking ice cream in the tub with some of them.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
We usually stick to Tillamook because it's a relatively good value for the quality and they have some interesting flavors. Every couple weeks there's a deal to get a 48 oz container for $3 to $4 in my area.

ice_cream_orange_cream.png
Icecream-chocolate-collection-german-chocolate-cake-pdp-hero.png
BR22_48oz_Carton_MarionberryPie_Rndr_FNL.png
ice_cream_campfire_peanutbutter_crunch.png

The issue with Häagen-Dazs is the price isn't too far off from going out for ice cream and some of the places by me have way better and more creative ice cream than anything you'll experience from the store. We do sometimes get the Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars from Costco when they're on sale, but they're pretty basic compared to the flavors that HD offers in their 14 oz containers.

I've tried Talenti a couple times before, but it's a little icy compared to HD or Tillamook. It might be an issue with how it's stored by me or maybe an issue with my freezer.
Definitely shouldn't have a ice something is wrong with the freezer. I love Tillamook too.

Top Bottom