• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Häagen-Dazs is the goat ice cream

Ain't got shit on this. #seriouspost

a7h5Tea.jpeg

Definitely shouldn't have a ice something is wrong with the freezer. I love Tillamook too.

I don’t doubt it. My supermarket does keep the Talenti in one of those freezers at the end of the frozen section as opposed to the main case so there could be a temperature difference that’s causing some weird separation. I’ve only ever bought from them so I’ll check it out from another store (when the price is right).

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Actual goat milk ice cream is good stuff too!
Asia has a lot of interesting takes on the concept that you wouldn't necessarily find in the west.

I've had red bean popsicles in Thailand and Green seaweed ice cream in Japan.

Dural

My wife does quality at a local dairy that also makes ice cream, there's nothing like eating ice cream the same day it was made. They've won competitions for their chocolate ice cream, they always make it and have someone drive it to the competition the same day. They also make ice cream for specialty brands, there's this one out of Ohio called Johnson's that uses really high quality ingredients that's really good. I think she said they charge $10/pint for it.

These are some of the samples she was testing;

PfJeE3r.jpeg

Baskin Robbins chocolate peanut butter and pralines and cream are still my favorite though.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Actually my prefered ice cream is home made. My aunt makes the most delicious ice cream I ever tasted.

It is similar to Haagen Dazs, but it has a slightly different texture and there's more fruit in it. Also the ice cream itself has a unique mild taste to it, I can't quite explain. It's insanely awesome..

Durien

Pffff you haven’t had Cows ice cream. It was ranked number 2 in the world at one point.
I ate at the Cows at Whistler. Super good. They make their own waffle cones too.

However, I have to go with HD as the winner.

I recently ate at Ferdonands at WSU. They make their own ice cream and it is super good as well.

Last edited:

Trilobit

I'm a bit sensitive to milk products so I was very happy when I found this amazing vegan ice cream:

TBuIvig.jpeg

Finnish ice cream company. My favourite is the one with chocolate, nut, fudge sauce and little bit of sea salt. Tried the non-vegan once and didn't notice any big difference in taste. I've tried Haegaen Daaaz, but didn't think it was anything extraordinary. I think for Italians it's better to just go to your local gelateria and get some supergood gelato instead.

LordPezix

Tillamook is the best American ice cream, but it is a few pegs short from european ice cream. I currently live in italy and europeans know their stuff when it comes to ice cream. Sometimes my wife craves a ben and jerrys but it just doesn't compare to the offerings that are served here.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Häagen-Dazs is the undisputed goat ice cream, nobody can compete. Do you agree or think something else is the best? I cant imagine a better ice cream.

Syph, you have to be American, right ? 😁

This shit reminds me exactly of this clip :

Haagen shite "the best ice cream ever"... I can't anymore

Let me tell you about Italy, the country that invented this shit and especially the southern part of it,
"Cono con doppia Panna" - give it a go if you ever find yourself around those parts.

finalflame

I am also a fan of cold stone cake batter.
I'm a Cheesecake Fantasy kinda guy. I'll admit to having eaten a whole quart once, in a single sitting.

But no more of that now, lol.

Melona is GOATed in terms of popsicles. Also these fuckers are like condensed milk on a stick:

White-Rabbit-Ice-Cream-Bar-front-of-box.jpeg

Tillamook is terrific, especially this flavor. Also, their strawberry is by far the best on the market.

It's insane that no one else has attempted a malted milk flavor ice cream. It's next level.

None of the grocery stores near me carry this flavor anymore. It's my jam, sad times man.

GymWolf

Gold Member
That looks really good. What exactly is it?
I don't know, just search for sicilian granita recipe, it should be pretty simple to make.

More broadly, that's the iconic ice cream of my homeland, they only make that during the summer because it's super refreshing.

You usually accompany that with this
brioche-siciliana-brioscia-co-tuppu-bottega27-52526688895323.jpg

Looking like a boob is just the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

Jsisto

One of my favorites. Taste's like soda. 1/2 gallon too.

wyLe8v0.png

There is this local gelato restaurant in my city that has the best ice cream I have ever tasted.
God I miss Blue Bell. Loved that when I used to live in Arkansas. Yarnell’s Ice Cream is great too. The South just makes better ice cream.

So was Coca Cola, until they found out Cocaine is a bad drug. They used to give Coca Cola with Cocaine to babies to calm them in hospitals.

This was a long time ago though.
I didn't mean literally. But yes, Coca Cola originally contained cocaine. That's where the "Coca" name came from. The amount of sugar in Coca Cola makes it still kind of like cocaine.

Top Bottom