• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

posting again.

I lost my prone key while trying to rebind it to left ctrl. What do I need to type in? Control, left_ctrl, ctrl? Haven't been able to figure it out.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
posting again.

I lost my prone key while trying to rebind it to left ctrl. What do I need to type in? Control, left_ctrl, ctrl? Haven't been able to figure it out.

Here's what mine shows (quote to see spaces, not sure if they matter):

<Action name="Crouch">
<Trigger>Control_Left</Trigger>
<Trigger>Control_Right</Trigger>
</Action>
<Action name="CrouchToggle">
<Trigger>C</Trigger>
</Action>
<Action name="ProneToggle">
<Trigger>Z</Trigger>
</Action>

Here's what mine shows (quote to see spaces, not sure if they matter):

<Action name="Crouch">
<Trigger>Control_Left</Trigger>
<Trigger>Control_Right</Trigger>
</Action>
<Action name="CrouchToggle">
<Trigger>C</Trigger>
</Action>
<Action name="ProneToggle">
<Trigger>Z</Trigger>
</Action>

Yeah and I'm trying to rebind prone as left ctrl but it's not working.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I would almost say to hold off until the patch later today to see if it helps.

Otherwise you're really jumping into a barren world of little loot and tons of dupes.

Flunkie

Banned
I am so close to getting this, somebody tell me it is a good idea?

If you like survival games, it's the best idea you've had all week. All month. All year. All ever. It's a ton more polished and not as wonky as DayZ. Interface is leagues better and you don't get stuck in doors!!11!1

FrsDvl

Demo and i are in a cabin by the lake. we logged out there, a guy was shooting arrows, had also a gun. we're gonna be on again later.

Glad everyone is enjoying the game. SOE has done a great job and I hope they stay on task. With this kind of support and how early this game is I wonder how great it could be when it hit's 1.0. No placeholder graphics and animation, most bug sorted, balance somewhat figured out, bigger landmass, more items, weapons, vehicles, clothing.

This foundation is so damn solid and fun. I hope it just gets better and better.

demolitio

Yea, nothing like a guy shooting arrows at the cabin we're in and then asking if we're friendly as I'm staring at an arrow two feet from my head stuck in the window-frame...

Can't wait to go on my rampage.

Iadien

i can handle bugs, I can find them quite humerous.

I can't handle the devs scamming me and making the game no better since release ala DayZ

SOE is a huge company, and have been around for 15 years... They'll be on top of shit, for sure.

Is this game worth it at this point if I plan to stay on a PvE server? Is it fun enough on PvE right now?

Zombies are easy to deal with right now(one on one). The base building isn't extremely deep. bears are probably the scariest thing. I would say in PVE you won't be dying much but could still have fun hoarding stuff you find.

Iadien

Is this game worth it at this point if I plan to stay on a PvE server? Is it fun enough on PvE right now?

I would wait if you plan on playing PVE. There are FPS issues that they are working on, and until they are fixed, zombies aren't much of a threat.

kcxiv

YES THE ZOMBIES ARE SCARY! Some are fast and they are getting smarter everyday.

zombies are broken right now they lag and dont react until 4 seconds after they see you, then they run to where you use to be standing. once they have that fixed and up the zombie difficulty the game will change dramatically.

Rough day, went to the edge of the level and died.... didnt realize it was the edge, flat ground (then a mountain, but still). Lesson learned... fully geared. Then had a team of 3 chase me through Cranberry. My jukes were not good enough!

Will hop on again later!

Compsiox

Banned

zombies are broken right now they lag and dont react until 4 seconds after they see you, then they run to where you use to be standing. once they have that fixed and up the zombie difficulty the game will change dramatically.

The zombies are more difficult than launch week and when in a group with sprinters they have a good chance of killing you. But if they make the reaction time better and maybe a little harder that would be awesome.

bears are probably the scariest thing.

I haven't encountered a bear yet, but I was sneaking through the woods, at night, with fog, and heard wolves howling. I thought "oh, sweet background noise, kinda creepy".

A minute later, I hear paws and a growl as a wolf, who apparently had been stalking me, attacked me from behind. I ran and the fucker STALKED me. Ended up hiding and got him with an arrow, but fuuuuuck. Don't play this game stoned and alone.

Compsiox

Banned
Rough day, went to the edge of the level and died.... didnt realize it was the edge, flat ground (then a mountain, but still). Lesson learned... fully geared. Then had a team of 3 chase me through Cranberry. My jukes were not good enough!

Will hop on again later!
If you're getting off due to boredom from dying...youll be back sooner than you think. The addiction is real.

antonz

The zombies are more difficult than launch week and when in a group with sprinters they have a good chance of killing you. But if they make the reaction time better and maybe a little harder that would be awesome.

Yeah when they fix the reaction time delay they should become a lot meaner. That's one reason why they die so easy. They charge to where you are then stop so if you moved they stop and stand where they last "saw" you allowing that headshot lineup. Of course when they add more like they say they intend to that will help as well. Supposedly we will see huge swarms of them moving around etc

kcxiv

they did state that zombies are on easy mode. Im sure once they fix the bug and get everything stable as they want it, we will see the population of zombie increase. There should be alot more in the cities. probably 2 times as much as their is now. maybe a little more, but we will see.

ClearData

I'm not an EA person but when I saw a Lirik stream in which the police car he was driving drove straight into the air and through the sky like some E.T. scene I nearly jumped in. I rarely laughed so hard.

Compsiox

Banned
Yeah when they fix the reaction time delay they should become a lot meaner. That's one reason why they die so easy. They charge to where you are then stop so if you moved they stop and stand where they last "saw" you allowing that headshot lineup. Of course when they add more like they say they intend to that will help as well. Supposedly we will see huge swarms of them moving around etc

The WarZ wasn't even free2play and the zombies sucked so fucking bad and still do. It's pretty funny really.

Iadien

Zombies are on derp mode until their FPS issues are resolved. After that, they'll be annoying as fuck.

Overdoziz

Banned
If you get killed by zombies in their current state you're surely using your feet to control the mouse and keyboard.

Apparently swarms are in, but I guess they're still a little buggy. A few people have inadvertently run into hordes.

The servers will be coming down at 3:45 PST for approximately 2 hours.

Revised loot spawn rules
Your nameplate will not display while prone.
Fixed Metal Doors to open/close/lock/unlock properly.
Punji stick traps, dew collectors, and rabbit traps will now slowly decay over time. They can be repaired with a hammer.
Punji sticks have lower health and should be a little easier to remove.
Spool of twine now has a unique icon.
The arrow recipe now produces one arrow instead of two.
Increased placed barricade resistance to damage.
Slightly raised the chance to harvest usable cloth from dead zombies.
Metal pipes, metal sheets, and hunting rifles can be melted down in furnaces for metal bars.
There were two Calamity (EU) servers. One has been renamed to Collapse (EU). Please check the green character indicator on the far left of server select to see if which server your character is on.
The ground tamper item has been disabled and the recipe to make it is no longer discoverable
Improved Vehicle Survivability
Rotten food has been removed from the fridge spawners

Compsiox

Banned
Were those GAFers that just blew up my car on the highway?

If so fuck you guys. I didn't even do anything. They got out of THEIR car and TRIED shooting my car. When mine got to 1% i rammed it into their car and mine blew up. Not sure about theirs.

Good nerfs to the bow and the animal traps. Glad the ground tamper is out too.

Were those GAFers that just blew up my car on the highway?

If so fuck you guys. I didn't even do anything. They got out of THEIR car and TRIED shooting my car. When mine got to 1% i rammed it into their car and mine blew up. Not sure about theirs.

Don't think so, but we know that you KoS'd a gaffer earlier.

Compsiox

Banned
Good nerfs to the bow and the animal traps. Glad the ground tamper is out too.

Don't think so, but we know that you KoS'd a gaffer earlier.

He didnt state he was a GAFer until after he died. I'm not on team speak. I'm a lone wolf. He didn't have GAF in his name either.

Top Bottom