• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
H1Z1 GAF:

6CEqHoy.gif

Yep they turning to monsters lol.

I'm pretty certain I am just outside of Ranchito Taquito and there are a few larger (three story) player-created bases. Only found a hatchet :-| but it was nerve-racking just being in there.

Anyone playing late tonight?

v1lla21

Be careful my dudes. Some guys will look like new spawns on purpose and once they approach you, they'll take out their guns and kill you. One of the players who does that goes by the name of Baydoodles. Also if y'all ever meet players called BuckMcNasty and MrSuave, don't harm them.they're my friends and are cool to people who don't try and harm them.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Me and my friends escaped pleasant valley last night mostly unharmed, we got into some NASTY fire fights where a couple of us nearly died.

Scariest by far was when we ran into the police station taking cover from some guys shooting arrows at us and when we get inside a dude with a shotgun tells us to leave or one of us gets plugged.

We all had bows so as soon as one person drew he'd probably get shot, we bargained with him that we were just hiding from 4 dudes out there and he eventually let us stay but he and his other friend walked out soon after. After hearing some gun fire we got an all clear from them but they told us not to loot the bodies because that was their shit.

So we kept pushing north until we got to a super market, at this point I had to go AFK to use the bathroom real quick so I ducked under a counter, while my friends scoured for food and supplies, when I get back turns out most of them had been robbed by a guy with an AR-15, they had to give them all the food they had just found so he wouldn't shoot them.

Eventually we came across this hidden thicket with animal traps everywhere and one of my friends finds a lighter so we go off to start a campfire and good all of our rabbit meat. While 2 of us are cooking my other friend and I go off to hunt a deer and get some berries to deal with the dehydration, eventually we spot the deer and he takes some shots at it and I go off to carve it with my axe. The deer glitched out and I couldn't see it so I give him the axe and went looking for stuff. I found a player built structure and I yell out that when he is done to bring the axe here so we can chop down the door.

I hit the wrong push to talk and used in game voice coms instead of mumble, so NATURALLY THE 3 DUDES IN THE HOUSE HEAR ME and start firing arrows in my direction. So I key up mumble and scream to just fucking run. I get hit pretty bad and I get down to like 40% health so we go meet up our other 2 friends who are cooking, pack everything up and just bail. We are coming up on the northern entrance to pleasant valley with the gas station near it, so we take a moment to collect our selves and patch up my wounds, I didn't wanna use too much gauze though so I only go up to 65% hp.

It is getting late by this point so we decide to look for a safe place to log out. So one of my friends climbs the hill behind the gas station and that's when he sees it.

A PARACHUTE JUST LAYING OUT THERE ON THE FIELD

He keys in to mumble "hey uh, I think I found one of those air drop thingies just laying here"

We all go to check it out. Mumble goes dead silent for a moment as we read the contents

AR-15
AR-15
AR-15
AR-15
M1911
.45x35
.556x125
Shotgun shells x277 (my friend who was lucky enough to find a shotgun earlier in the cop station went insane when he saw this as he was the only one with a gun)
301 cloth
2 medical kits
2 batteries
Along with salt, a military backpack, cans of food and some water bottles.

That was literally the goddamn jackpot. An AR for each of us, a 1911 for one of us and almost 300 shotgun shells. His gun will break before he goes through all that ammo. Needless to say we quickly emptied the whole thing, ran into the woods and logged out.

I still don't know if that was an airdrop or if we found some squads stash of things. God what a night.

Was one of the bases near a water tower?

It was super foggy, couldn't tell you. I literally just stumbled upon them--two in a row. One looked like a re-outfitted farm (stone wall with metal covers lining the wall) but I think that may have been a part of the map that people just added punji sticks and sheds to.

The big base I found, though, had multiple stairwells and levels. It was on the hill area overlooking the big supermarket in Ranchito, I think.

Be careful my dudes. Some guys will look like new spawns on purpose and once they approach you, they'll take out their guns and kill you. One of the players who does that goes by the name of Baydoodles. Also if y'all ever meet players called BuckMcNasty and MrSuave, don't harm them.they're my friends and are cool to people who don't try and harm them.

Yeah, I hope they add some delay to weapon switching/equipping. It seems a bit cheap now, and I also wonder if they use the same models/animation for first person vs third. I feel like I've gotten quick shotted when the player animation didn't reflect it. Could be a lag or hack issue, though.

Yeah Baydoodles is a sneaky little fucker, I've had a couple of run-ins with him.

Elandyll

Banned
Me and my friends escaped pleasant valley last night mostly unharmed, we got into some NASTY fire fights where a couple of us nearly died.

Scariest by far was when we ran into the police station taking cover from some guys shooting arrows at us and when we get inside a dude with a shotgun tells us to leave or one of us gets plugged.

We all had bows so as soon as one person drew he'd probably get shot, we bargained with him that we were just hiding from 4 dudes out there and he eventually let us stay but he and his other friend walked out soon after. After hearing some gun fire we got an all clear from them but they told us not to loot the bodies because that was their shit.

So we kept pushing north until we got to a super market, at this point I had to go AFK to use the bathroom real quick so I ducked under a counter, while my friends scoured for food and supplies, when I get back turns out most of them had been robbed by a guy with an AR-15, they had to give them all the food they had just found so he wouldn't shoot them.

Eventually we came across this hidden thicket with animal traps everywhere and one of my friends finds a lighter so we go off to start a campfire and good all of our rabbit meat. While 2 of us are cooking my other friend and I go off to hunt a deer and get some berries to deal with the dehydration, eventually we spot the deer and he takes some shots at it and I go off to carve it with my axe. The deer glitched out and I couldn't see it so I give him the axe and went looking for stuff. I found a player built structure and I yell out that when he is done to bring the axe here so we can chop down the door.

I hit the wrong push to talk and used in game voice coms instead of mumble, so NATURALLY THE 3 DUDES IN THE HOUSE HEAR ME and start firing arrows in my direction. So I key up mumble and scream to just fucking run. I get hit pretty bad and I get down to like 40% health so we go meet up our other 2 friends who are cooking, pack everything up and just bail. We are coming up on the northern entrance to pleasant valley with the gas station near it, so we take a moment to collect our selves and patch up my wounds, I didn't wanna use too much gauze though so I only go up to 65% hp.

It is getting late by this point so we decide to look for a safe place to log out. So one of my friends climbs the hill behind the gas station and that's when he sees it.

A PARACHUTE JUST LAYING OUT THERE ON THE FIELD

He keys in to mumble "hey uh, I think I found one of those air drop thingies just laying here"

We all go to check it out. Mumble goes dead silent for a moment as we read the contents

AR-15
AR-15
AR-15
AR-15
M1911
.45x35
.556x125
Shotgun shells x277 (my friend who was lucky enough to find a shotgun earlier in the cop station went insane when he saw this as he was the only one with a gun)
301 cloth
2 medical kits
2 batteries

That was literally the goddamn jackpot. An AR for each of us, a 1911 for one of us and almost 300 shotgun shells. His gun will break before he goes through all that ammo. Needless to say we quickly emptied the whole thing, ran into the woods and logged out.

I still don't know if that was an airdrop or if we found some squads stash of things. God what a night.

See I read that and I think this game sounds really awesome. I really laughed-out-loud at many of the stories recounted as well.

But I also know this game would probably piss me off to no end by trying to build and gather stuff and getting killed and robbed repeatedly ;)

See I read that and I think this game sounds really awesome. I really laughed-out-loud at many of the stories recounted as well.

But I also know this game would probably piss me off to no end by trying to build and gather stuff and getting killed and robbed repeatedly ;)

Just don't get attached to your stuff, dying is part of the game. Probably easier said than done for some people though.

patch coming a little later today. best guess 4 hours. maybe sooner. loot fix. many others.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/558679838857261057

Jams775

BuckMcNasty is the one that takes us all out with the shotgun in the end of my video.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

The great thing about H1Z1 that I appreciate soooo much more than DayZ is that if you do get totally destroyed and have to start from square 1 it's not that hard to get back on your feet.

Shred your shirt, pick some berries, grab some sticks, make a bow, make some arrows and get to surviving. Within 3 minutes of respawning you're able to get back to what the game is about, surviving.

It wasn't like dayz where dying after all the patches and standalone release meant wandering around looking for an axe or something just so you don't feel helpless. It wasn't always a guarantee find either so dying actually sent you back to the dullest point of the game. Even if you did find a weapon looking for food and other things was also very difficult.

In h1z1 since you can make a bow quickly you feel a lot less restricted by the beginning opening loop of "gotta find a weapon and food" and speeds that part up a lot more so you can get back to what you wanna do.

I'm GAFAntonSugar on Solace, btw.

The great thing about H1Z1 that I appreciate soooo much more than DayZ is that if you do get totally destroyed and have to start from square 1 it's not that hard to get back on your feet.

Shred your shirt, pick some berries, grab some sticks, make a bow, make some arrows and get to surviving. Within 3 minutes of respawning you're able to get back to what the game is about, surviving.

It wasn't like dayz where dying after all the patches and standalone release meant wandering around looking for an axe or something just so you don't feel helpless. It wasn't always a guarantee find either so dying actually sent you back to the dullest point of the game. Even if you did find a weapon looking for food and other things was also very difficult.

In h1z1 since you can make a bow quickly you feel a lot less restricted by the beginning opening loop of "gotta find a weapon and food" and speeds that part up a lot more so you can get back to what you wanna do.

This, for sure.

It was super foggy, couldn't tell you. I literally just stumbled upon them--two in a row. One looked like a re-outfitted farm (stone wall with metal covers lining the wall) but I think that may have been a part of the map that people just added punji sticks and sheds to.

The big base I found, though, had multiple stairwells and levels. It was on the hill area overlooking the big supermarket in Ranchito, I think.

Ahh. There is one that is by Ranchito that looks onto the town and a water tower to its side, but the base is like built/glitched into an electrical line/transformer thing and also had multiple levels. I got into it and there was a mound dug out (into wood? didn't know that's possible) with stuff in it.

I couldn't figure out how to get into the base though, they literally glitched it into one of those electric towers that was enclosed with a metal fence at the bottom. To get into the enclosure where the stairs were to get into the base you needed to jump on an animal trap they placed by the fence and try to just barely jump over it with multiple failures. It seems abandoned though probably because it's such a pain in the arse to get into all the time but at least it would make good protection.

If anyone wants to see it's still there. Each town has a water tower basically and the water tower is really close to it so it's impossible to miss if one wants to check it out.

Ahh. There is one that is by Ranchito that looks onto the town and a water tower to its side, but the base is like built/glitched into an electrical line/transformer thing and also had multiple levels. I got into it and there was a mound dug out (into wood? didn't know that's possible) with stuff in it.

I couldn't figure out how to get into the base though, they literally glitched it into one of those electric towers that was enclosed with a metal fence at the bottom. To get into the enclosure where the stairs were to get into the base you needed to jump on an animal trap they placed by the fence and try to just barely jump over it with multiple failures. It seems abandoned though probably because it's such a pain in the arse to get into all the time but at least it would make good protection.

If anyone wants to see it's still there. Each town has a water tower basically and the water tower is really close to it so it's impossible to miss if one wants to check it out.

That SOUNDS like it--it was certainly glitchy. Some of the stairwells were glitched/built INTO each other and there were lots of spots where you could get stuck.

Actually, I remember now almost getting stuck on the concrete base w/radio tower bars at the base of it. And yeah, I found my hatchet in that mound of dirt, ahaha, but there was nothing else in there.

That SOUNDS like it--it was certainly glitchy. Some of the stairwells were glitched/built INTO each other and there were lots of spots where you could get stuck.

Actually, I remember now almost getting stuck on the concrete base w/radio tower bars at the base of it. And yeah, I found my hatchet in that mound of dirt, ahaha, but there was nothing else in there.

Haha yes it's the same one! I took stuff out there and left the hatchet. The mound was in like a shack/building thing.

Phreaker

Nice. Hope you keep on recordinG. They did shoot first, I was standing right in front of them, someone shot an arrow towards me, that's when you heard my shotgun.

You hear that first arrow? That hit me and I died (I didn't have much health to begin with), but I don't know who shot it.

AcridMeat

Banned
Pretty interesting new dynamic opening up now that we're encountering the same people multiple times, and across different characters. When I was a fresh spawn, literally seconds, this guy (Fordson I believe), who KOS my main character showed up. I was prone using /loc to see where I was, trying to meet with somebody and they got all sassy with me, "why'd you go prone, you think I can't see you?" I wish so badly I had a bow to kill him and shout "THAT'S FOR ACRIDMEAT!"
this has to be the greatest infiltration ever of a player base lOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0-d9eWpgUg
Hahaha awesome.
I'm pretty certain I am just outside of Ranchito Taquito and there are a few larger (three story) player-created bases. Only found a hatchet :-| but it was nerve-racking just being in there.

Anyone playing late tonight?
Another gaffer and I were wandering near/around Dragon Lake and Ranchito, found a couple of player bases but none that were multiple stories.
BuckMcNasty was one of the first people I encountered in the game, he was nice to roll with, but we were gunned down without a word. -_-

Absolutely, well said. That's my thinking too, and why I'm really enjoying it.
We have a base setup in Solace near the dam, but it's terrible and we are abandoning it.
We might have passed by that one, did you have 4 traps set up in a row?

If you guys see AcridMeat or LieutenantLabia do not KOS ;_;. Owl found the building from our firefight last night so we're gonna pick up again in Cranberry.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
AR-15
AR-15
AR-15
AR-15
M1911
.45x35
.556x125
301 cloth
2 medical kits
2 batteries

Duper stash. Better y'all wield it than them.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Duper stash. Better y'all wield it than them.

I had a feeling. Because we looked up the list of possible airdrops and not one of those had all of these items.

Also the AR-15s were all at very similar durability, so yeah I think this is likely a duper stash. We found it under a bunch of bushes and it would have been something we would have walked by except a few of us have our graphics settings on low so we just saw the parachute and other details through the leaves.

So we are thinking it's either duper stash or an attempt to make a hidden depot for a group of survivors.

You hear that first arrow? That hit me and I died (I didn't have much health to begin with), but I don't know who shot it.

I shot you, but I didn't fire until someone from your group fired. You also had your bow drawn on one of us.

*edit* you were still standing after the first shot, you dropped at the second shot (mine).

Found this post on Reddit. Should be useful to new players, like me:

Normal way:
1. Spawn
2. Shred your T-shirt
3. Find Wood stick (loot bushes)
4. Discover/Craft Bow (cloth + wood stick)
5. Discover/Craft Arrows (wood stick)
6. Find more Cloth:
Farm zombies for cloth (1 arrow to the head = oneshot), sometimes they drop little satchel with loot (more often it is Cloth). Aslo if you find Knife/Axe/Machete hit zombie corpses with it to get cloth
You can find t-shirts and hats in houses
Or you can kill other people for Cloth
7. When you get 6 Cloth craft a Satchel (300 slot backpack)
8. Now u need Nails
Find Scrap Metal > Discover and craft Metal shards > Dicover and Craft Nails
9. Discover and craft Backpack Frame
10. Discover and craft Backpack from Satchel and Backpack Frame (1200 slots)
11. Find some water bottles
12. Discover and craft Animal trap (wood stick + wood plank)
13. Find some water source in forest and place animal traps no so far from it
14. Craft axe (Wood stick + Metal scrap) and chop down some trees
15. Make a campfire
16. Discover and Craft Bow Drill (Cloth + wood plank + wood stick) and Ignite campfire
17. Boil water (Refill empty bottles) and cook rabbit meat from Animal Traps using your Campfire

From now you will need only metal (cause your shitty axe will broke soon) and cloth to make Bandages.

But you can use the FAST way:
1. Spawn
2. Eat blackberries and run away from any danger

FrsDvl

We should settle on a spot for a new base probably, and focus on that as much as possible tonight. No more ground tamper, we'll start with a deck this time instead.

I'm on TS if anyone wants to discuss base locations? I got a couple ideas

v1lla21

We should settle on a spot for a new base probably, and focus on that as much as possible tonight. No more ground tamper, we'll start with a deck this time instead.

I'm on TS if anyone wants to discuss base locations? I got a couple ideas
Definitely. While some of the peeps work on the base, some of us should go around looting and scouting to familiarize ourselves with the location.

Top Bottom