• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

FrsDvl

Why are almost all the servers now low pop? Did they add a bunch?

They either increased the player cap, or people are abandoning the game.

I've noticed a lot of servers went from high to medium last week. And now to low.

Maybe everyone decided to take a break.

Shady859

Hoping the zombie and loot patch releases today soon as I plan on playing several hours tonight. BR is all i've been doing as everything else is broken but it's so boring waiting for BR servers to pop up. Playing Hearthstone on laptop to enertain as I idle for refreshes.

Hopefully they wipe the servers as well, me and a friend can't even get enough metal to surround our foundation and check these pics out from Reddit. Some dupers been hard at work, it's pretty impressive at least though.
NGi0Xs9.jpg

nG1smDP.jpg

SDCowboy

They either increased the player cap, or people are abandoning the game.

I've noticed a lot of servers went from high to medium last week. And now to low.

Maybe everyone decided to take a break.

I know I've taken a break until the loot is fixed. Wonder if many others did the same.

kcxiv

The population spread out when they opened up 200 Euro Servers. That same day is when it happened.

Also, there is little reason to play the game when there is nothing in game to loot. THey need to fix the loot and they need to fix Zombies and make more of them. Its like the alpha testing for this phase has been done and just have to wait for the next phase.

Anyone else getting a bug where, at close or close-ish range, arrows go THROUGH the zombie's head? Could be a lag issue too, I suppose, but it's cost me a lot of health/bandages these past two days.

Currently I actually enjoy watching Lirik's stream playing H1Z1 a lot more than actually playing H1Z1. I usually just end up getting caught by bandits who KOS and supposed 'friendly' players who are backstabbers.
I feel like you really need a bunch of people to play with to actually get things done and survive against bandits. I usually don't see anyone on the GAF TS server when I'm playing, but that's probably because I'm in Europe.
This made me think that maybe non proximity chat communication could be a cool feature for this game. Like using signs with player messages or radio broadcasts.

kcxiv

Currently I actually enjoy watching Lirik's stream playing H1Z1 a lot more than actually playing H1Z1. I usually just end up getting caught by bandits who KOS and supposed 'friendly' players who are backstabbers.
I feel like you really need a bunch of people to play with to actually get things done and survive against bandits. I usually don't see anyone on the GAF TS server when I'm playing, but that's probably because I'm in Europe.
This made me think that maybe non proximity chat communication could be a cool feature for this game. Like using signs with player messages or radio broadcasts.

i usually play by myself also. Just have to be sneaky. im not into the mindcraft aspect of this game. I just like to loot stuff, get weapons run around and when people try to kill me, kill back. lol

Anyone else getting a bug where, at close or close-ish range, arrows go THROUGH the zombie's head? Could be a lag issue too, I suppose, but it's cost me a lot of health/bandages these past two days.

Yep, it has to do with lag i think and the way their head bobs when they move. The lag combined with the head bobbing.

SDCowboy

The population spread out when they opened up 200 Euro Servers. That same day is when it happened.

Also, there is little reason to play the game when there is nothing in game to loot. THey need to fix the loot and they need to fix Zombies and make more of them. Its like the alpha testing for this phase has been done and just have to wait for the next phase.

Yep. Hopped back in today to give it another try and see if the loot has been fixed. Explored around, didn't find a single item and logged back off. I'm not sure if I'm gonna bother again for a while if ever.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Yep. Hopped back in today to give it another try and see if the loot has been fixed. Explored around, didn't find a single item and logged back off. I'm not sure if I'm gonna bother again for a while if ever.

You've been saying this since it launched.

There hasn't been a patch since last week, as they were off/went to PAX. There is supposed to be another patch today or tomorrow to address more shit... I would just stop playing alpha games if I were you, you seem to hate bugs.

An early access game has been out for 1.5 weeks and you're considering calling it quits forever? Kids these days!

They really need to slow down the stamina/hydration/etc timers, though. Still stupid fast.

SDCowboy

An early access game has been out for 1.5 weeks and you're considering calling it quits forever? Kids these days!

They really need to slow down the stamina/hydration/etc timers, though. Still stupid fast.

By the time the game is in good shape loot-wise, I have no clue what will be out by then or if I'll still care. I'm sure I'll pop back in from time to time, but I can't say for sure. That's the problem with selling games in the alpha form. It doesn't matter if it's alpha or not...people are going to play their fill and move on.

The real problem I think they're going to run into is, are there still going to be enough players still playing by the time the game goes final/retail, or have they moved on.

HowZatOZ

Banned
By the time the game is in good shape loot-wise, I have no clue what will be out by then or if I'll still care. I'm sure I'll pop back in from time to time, but I can't say for sure. That's the problem with selling games in the alpha form. It doesn't matter if it's alpha or not...people are going to play their fill and move on.

The real problem I think they're going to run into is, are there still going to be enough players still playing by the time the game goes final/retail, or have they moved on.

Well if people expected a complete game that is their fault, plain and simple. Its early access, and to expect anything more is just blind buying without even bothering to look at the details. Can't fault anyone but themselves.

ZenVolta

Later then. You bought a EA game thinking it wouldnt have any issues. And with a mind set like that youre going to have a bad time.

BTW people said the same for dayz mod when it was having major issues. So do whatever you want. Dont force yourself to play any game that you dont want.

SDCowboy

Well if people expected a complete game that is their fault, plain and simple. Its early access, and to expect anything more is just blind buying without even bothering to look at the details. Can't fault anyone but themselves.

I hardly expected a completed game, but how long should players be expected to stick around in a survival game with almost no loot? I don't see what's unreasonable about being uncertain about the game. Don't get me wrong, I've more than gotten $20 worth of fun out of it, but at two weeks in, for the loot to still be broken is worrisome, IMO. I hope the game does well though because I like the foundation of it so far.

kcxiv

I hardly expected a completed game, but how long should players be expected to stick around in a survival game with no loot? I don't see what's unreasonable about being uncertain about the game. Don't get me wrong, I've more than gotten $20 worth of fun out of it, but at two weeks in, for the loot to still be broken is worrisome, IMO. I hope the game does well though because I like the foundation of it so far.

since its alpha, i'd say more then a week and a few days! lol. lets not forget with every patch the loot repopulates, its not as if there has been no loot for 8 days now.

For me, the loot is an issue, but there is faster ways to gear up then searching, also, the zombies need way more love, im sure they are working on that, but thats one of my main issues in PV theer are hardly any zombies, or anywhere for that matter.

I hardly expected a completed game, but how long should players be expected to stick around in a survival game with no loot? I don't see what's unreasonable about being uncertain about the game. Don't get me wrong, I've more than gotten $20 worth of fun out of it, but at two weeks in, for the loot to still be broken is worrisome, IMO. I hope the game does well though because I like the foundation of it so far.

Sheeeeit, man. It took months for DayZ SA's loot to be "fixed", i.e., implemented correctly. It can still take a while for dropped loot to "show up" for other players.

I do see what you mean though, at least generally. I wonder how much EA titles hurt vs help the final release. I mean, I personally hop back on DayZ anytime there is a big content patch, but that's just me.

Tobor

Lol, that's crazy talk. You can't alpha test a game like this in two weeks.

SOE is doing a great job. They'll get this figured out, but it takes time. Anyone with unreasonable expectations like yourself should have waited for the actual launch.

Overdoziz

Banned
I hardly expected a completed game, but how long should players be expected to stick around in a survival game with almost no loot.
DayZ didn't even have loot respawning for over half a year and it did fine. H1Z1 will be fine, especially with the population boost it will get once it goes free to play.

Compsiox

Banned
Lol, that's crazy talk. You can't alpha test a game like this in two weeks.

SOE is doing a great job. They'll get this figured out, but it takes time. Anyone with unreasonable expectations like yourself should have waited for the actual launch.

Exactly. Thank you.

kcxiv

DayZ didn't even have loot respawning for over half a year and it did fine. H1Z1 will be fine, especially with the population boost it will get once it goes free to play.

Thats because people just server hopped to gear up. Hell, i did it, get to a military or a police outpost and server hop until you find something. lol Thats how DayZ survived.

SDCowboy

Sheeeeit, man. It took months for DayZ SA's loot to be "fixed", i.e., implemented correctly. It can still take a while for dropped loot to "show up" for other players.

I do see what you mean though, at least generally. I wonder how much EA titles hurt vs help the final release. I mean, I personally hop back on DayZ anytime there is a big content patch, but that's just me.

Exactly. I'm not saying that I don't think the game will ever be complete or the loot never fixed. I just wonder if releasing a game (for sale and playable) this early is really a good idea in the long run.

Tobor

I spent a few hours zombie farming today and after securing a dead players loot from a zombie and a worn letter, I'm ready to tear some shit up.

The loot isn't non-existent, it's just all in the zombies right now. While waiting for a patch, hunt those Zeds.

I spent a few hours zombie farming today and after securing a dead players loot from a zombie and a worn letter, I'm ready to tear some shit up.

The loot isn't non-existent, it's just all in the zombies right now. While waiting for a patch, hunt those Zeds.

Yeah, I'm curious how they'll manage loot in the game world vs zombies. I LOVE the feeling of lucking out and finding a loaded zombie, but I can see how it could be a problem for loot balance.

SDCowboy

Yeah, I'm curious how they'll manage loot in the game world vs zombies. I LOVE the feeling of lucking out and finding a loaded zombie, but I can see how it could be a problem for loot balance.

What I hope for is on PVE servers, to make them very zombie heavy and have them be a real threat and reward for taking them out.

Phreaker

What I hope for is on PVE servers, to make them very zombie heavy and have them be a real threat and reward for taking them out.

Have you played on a PvE server yet? I am on Germ and I don't know if it's just me, but it seems there are a lot more zombies and that they are more hostile than I've seen on PvP. It could have just been the area I was in, so I'm curious if anyone else has played both and thought they were any different.

kcxiv

Zombies are almost non existant on pVP servers. you can find them, but not even close to how many there needs to be and half of them barely react to you, but i know this is a known bug and they are working on that part.

Zombies will be a threat when they are working as intended.

Iadien

SOE has already mentioned that the zombies are dumb and few in numbers because of an FPS issue on the server when they turn their numbers and AI up. Apparently too many zombies chasing people causes a lot of lag.

Jams775

Have you played on a PvE server yet? I am on Germ and I don't know if it's just me, but it seems there are a lot more zombies and that they are more hostile than I've seen on PvP. It could have just been the area I was in, so I'm curious if anyone else has played both and thought they were any different.

I played on Shadow and there was a shit ton around Baetes Motel. They almost trapped me in a house by blocking off the exits and when I did escape they were on my ass. I had to kill 3 just to be able to log out.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I hardly expected a completed game, but how long should players be expected to stick around in a survival game with almost no loot? I don't see what's unreasonable about being uncertain about the game. Don't get me wrong, I've more than gotten $20 worth of fun out of it, but at two weeks in, for the loot to still be broken is worrisome, IMO. I hope the game does well though because I like the foundation of it so far.

Considering the core game is quite intact and can be seen in the actual game, I'm not too worried that loot still needs tweaking. Look at DayZ and you'll see a game that has had no real change since its launch in 2013, despite now selling three million copies. That's a broken early access that has yet to show it can even be bothered advancing.

For me, H1Z1 is probably the most "feature" complete of the first-person zombie survival titles, and the fact it is only a week and bit old and only having loot problems (and hackers/dupers of course) is a great start to making the game better.

This game really needs zombie hordes on both PvP and PvE servers.

Id imagine some great moments on PvP where someone accidentally kills their friend while desperately fighting a horde

Teknoman

This game really needs zombie hordes on both PvP and PvE servers.

Id imagine some great moments on PvP where someone accidentally kills their friend while desperately fighting a horde

We almost had a sorta horde early on. Anyone remember that large group that started to gather outta nowhere near the dam? But yeah, more random hordes coming out of the woods or spawning down the street (not immediately obvious spawn of course) would be nice. Mix some sprinters in too.

Not sure what other kind of enemies they can add since they seem to want the game to be vaguely "realistic". We were also talking the other night, about how abandoned military bases or other areas (quarantine zone full of zombies but equally high chances of good loot once in awhile) would be great. Especially if you had to do actual exploration like an old school mmo dungeon.

We almost had a sorta horde early on. Anyone remember that large group that started to gather outta nowhere near the dam? But yeah, more random hordes coming out of the woods or spawning down the street (not immediately obvious spawn of course) would be nice. Mix some sprinters in too.

Hahaha, I wonder what it is about the dam/that area. A buddy has a base near there and I was running through the dam and found 1-2 zombies. Meanwhile, he was in Pleasant Valley and said they killed like 20 zombies in a few minutes time. I went and met him in a house and like 4-5 zombies gathered outside of the house, waiting for us to come out.

Iadien

I would love to see cats or dogs or some other animals that don't necessarily attack players, but create a lot of noise if players get to close to them, which would attract zombies.

Compsiox

Banned
I would love to see cats or dogs or some other animals that don't necessarily attack players, but create a lot of noise if players get to close to them, which would attract zombies.

I dont really want to witness players slaughtering cute household pets so they stop making noise.

BizzyBum

I must be somehow playing this game wrong because whenever I play I never find loot and rarely run into people. The population is probably just because I play on low population servers because of the large queue's.

Well RIP our first base.

Front gate and shelters destroyed. All our stuff gone. That's an alpha for you. Rust still hasn't figured out the balance between safety and fun in regards to how quickly your base can be destroyed.

I feel like making a huge force and just taking over and living out of pleasant valley. Base building won't be wroth it for a long while.

Iadien

I must be somehow playing this game wrong because whenever I play I never find loot and rarely run into people. The population is probably just because I play on low population servers because of the large queue's.

There are major issues with loot spawning right now. For now, don't waste your time searching containers and shit.

There's another patch tonight, hopefully that helps... lol probably not.

I still can't even get the app to launch does steam do refunds?

That's most likely a driver issue.

Are you using 64 bit windows? If yes, which graphic card are you using?

Me and someone else in this thread could not get the game to work without downgrading to a slightly older nvidia driver, 344.75 works for me.

I want the virus to cross species so we have zombears. If Resident Evil Outbreak had undead elephants...

I want some crazy ass monsters like out of Metro/Stalker. Something that when I see it im gonna be like "fuck that i'm out of here" Like a giant fucking bat monster that grabs you.

Teknoman

I want some crazy ass monsters like out of Metro/Stalker. Something that when I see it im gonna be like "fuck that i'm out of here" Like a giant fucking bat monster that grabs you.

As long as its something that only spawns deep in the woods.

Well RIP our first base.

Front gate and shelters destroyed. All our stuff gone. That's an alpha for you. Rust still hasn't figured out the balance between safety and fun in regards to how quickly your base can be destroyed.

I feel like making a huge force and just taking over and living out of pleasant valley. Base building won't be wroth it for a long while.

I'd be up for that, either that or that villas development suburb.

MAX PAYMENT

There are major issues with loot spawning right now. For now, don't waste your time searching containers and shit.

There's another patch tonight, hopefully that helps... lol probably not.

That's most likely a driver issue.

Are you using 64 bit windows? If yes, which graphic card are you using?

Me and someone else in this thread could not get the game to work without downgrading to a slightly older nvidia driver, 344.75 works for me.

670. 64 bit win8

Well RIP our first base.

My group of 7 (usually only 3-4 of us on at a time) just spent 2 evenings gathering materials and building a base in one of the pre-built structures like in the shots with the furnace tower. It took 2 minutes for 4 guys to come in and kill us all and take it. We had 3 people online, and 2 of us had guns with less than 10 shots each. the invaders shot off hundreds of rounds before they killed us.

I'm starting to wish there was a way to just play on a private server so my friends and I could cooperatively try to survive the zombie apocalypse. I know some of my friends won't play with no pvp though. I like the idea of the human threat, but the duping and glitching ruins it. The zombies are getting close to being an actual threat, at least at our location we get a lot:

Top Bottom