• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Well RIP our first base.

Front gate and shelters destroyed. All our stuff gone. That's an alpha for you. Rust still hasn't figured out the balance between safety and fun in regards to how quickly your base can be destroyed.

I feel like making a huge force and just taking over and living out of pleasant valley. Base building won't be wroth it for a long while.

got robbed. That's how it goes whe nyou leave for extended times.That's how I came across a random base, I looted everything lol.

They made it hard though, had all kind of traps.
You had to run through alot of spikes OR waste time breaking them.

Jerbs

Logged in tonight, and I started as a new spawn. Weird. Lost a lot of food and blackberry juice. Then was KOS'd after 5 minutes. We were in water, so the joke is on him.

Teknoman

got robbed. That's how it goes whe nyou leave for extended times.That's how I came across a random base, I looted everything lol.

They made it hard though, had all kind of traps.
You had to run through alot of spikes OR waste time breaking them.

I do hope they allow building actual traps too, like a swinging pointy log if you break the door down without the passcode, and so forth.

Compsiox

Banned
I hate opening a bag or crate and getting a copy of what I already have.

There are only like 10 different skins from bag. I have like 20 starry army shirts.

I've stared at the server list for 2 hours and no Battle Royale servers have come up, it something wrong?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Got a group of 8 friends going.

Thought it was going to be awesome.

Turns out it's a total shit show. People talking over each other constantly, having to stop every 3 minutes for someone to eat berries, difficulty distributing supplies, ammo is such a problem most of us are using bows despite having guns.

I think next time I'm just gonna take two dudes and we're gonna go on our own.

Game works best in groups of 1 - 4.

Servers will be coming down at 1:00AM Pacific and will remain down for approximately 90 minutes.

Patch Notes:
Fixed an issue with loot which was preventing re-spawning of some items.
Battle Royale: Fixed some issues which were causing problems when a match would complete
Additional general server stability adjustments

Servers will be coming down at 1:00AM Pacific and will remain down for approximately 90 minutes.

Patch Notes:
Fixed an issue with loot which was preventing re-spawning of some items.
Battle Royale: Fixed some issues which were causing problems when a match would complete
Additional general server stability adjustments

5th times a charm? Heh, these things take time, hope we get some decent results this time. Glad to see they are fixing the bug that made me sit in a trailer in BR alone for an hour last night.

kcxiv

5th times a charm? Heh, these things take time, hope we get some decent results this time. Glad to see they are fixing the bug that made me sit in a trailer in BR alone for an hour last night.

no way, im expecting there to be many m any m ore patch's for loot. Its alot of data to get right and to tune and fine tune.

It will hopefully just keep getting better and better as EA goes on.

Also, i agree with guy up above talking about you cant play this game with to many people, so much random shit can happen for it to be fun. 1-3 maybe 4 and thats it. outside of that, its a hassle.

demolitio

no way, im expecting there to be many m any m ore patch's for loot. Its alot of data to get right and to tune and fine tune.

It will hopefully just keep getting better and better as EA goes on.

Also, i agree with guy up above talking about you cant play this game with to many people, so much random shit can happen for it to be fun. 1-3 maybe 4 and thats it. outside of that, its a hassle.

A few of us were saying that the other night as well. Too many differing opinions with too many conflicting ideas, people talking over each other, etc.

HowZatOZ

Banned
A few of us were saying that the other night as well. Too many differing opinions with too many conflicting ideas, people talking over each other, etc.

A squad of five is the ultimate max, anything higher and it just becomes a giant clusterfuck of who is leading who and a lot of stupid mistakes made.

So torn now. I either play Dying Light since its launching in an hour, or I wait for servers to come up, test H1's loot then go play Dying. So many choices.

A squad of five is the ultimate max, anything higher and it just becomes a giant clusterfuck of who is leading who and a lot of stupid mistakes made.

So torn now. I either play Dying Light since its launching in an hour, or I wait for servers to come up, test H1's loot then go play Dying. So many choices.

Go play Dying Light. It's gonna take some hours/days to see if the loot is up to par.

demolitio

I'm hoping to log on as soon as the servers are back so I can finally get some loot. I just hope they can fix the duping soon since it affects the loot spawns. The more duping, the less loot that spawns apparently.

I want to play Dying Light eventually though. :p

kcxiv

F5EDAC43B1AFA313C9FA496B29DDF9D08BD92042

Man, i had one on me, but inside a house in PV they were just chillen there.

Also, zombies seem to be workign alot better. They actually chase and run after you now. There seems to be a bit more roaming around too, still needs to be more, but it looks like a good start.

HowZatOZ

Banned
F5EDAC43B1AFA313C9FA496B29DDF9D08BD92042

Man, i had one on me, but inside a house in PV they were just chillen there.

Also, zombies seem to be workign alot better. They actually chase and run after you now. There seems to be a bit more roaming around too, still needs to be more, but it looks like a good start.
Will be interesting to see the loot conditions in the morning when I wake up. Good to hear zombies are getting better, maybe they fixed hat desync issue?

nbraun80

Yeah just popped in to say I'm seeing a LOT more loot now as well. Spawned back in on a save and was finding stuff all over in a development, like 3 combat knifes in each house, and actually scrap metal when search wrecked vehicles. Getting stuff out of cabinets and such too, even if they're just sugar packets or coffee grounds, it's actually something. was able to craft things I never found in the previous 10 hours of play, like a makeshift hatchet. Some dick ended up killing me after I just tried to mind my own business. But I respawned way up NW and was able to get geared back up really well, even found an AR and hunting rifle, both of which i've never found in the wild before. Also seeing lots of spools of twine to make a good bow. I guess we'll see how this sustains over the next few days, but so far there's actually stuff to loot out there.

mnannola

Seems like good first impressions from the patch. Will be interested to see how this holds up by tonight.

Also glad to hear the zombies are better now. When they can get some big hoards running around with decent AI, this game will be amazing.

PV is going crazy with gunfire, holy crap. sooo much

That was us, haha. There is a base on a hill near the South of the base, we allied with those guys. They were pinned by some snipers when we went to go do some quests. We came back and flanked the snipers, but instead of there being 1-2 of them, there were 4, which we didn't know.

IT WAS A BLOODBATH

Actually, one of those AR15s might be mine :( A friend and I had one each from quests and we got killed. Enjoy!

Overdoziz

Banned
Seems like they've increased the spawn rate of items a tiny bit.

0d3f73ee02e2f6f4aaf9a3b6210e7d0a.png

Took me about 5-10 minutes to get by just picking up everything inside a single house and making the items respawn. Several times ammo respawned right next to ammo I picked up a second ago.

Ferny

Took me about 5-10 minutes to get by just picking up everything inside a single house and making the items respawn. Several times ammo respawned right next to ammo I picked up a second ago.

dayum

AcridMeat

Banned

I know what I'm doing this morning.

Aww man, finally found some twine to make a wooden bow...Dusk rolls in and its that really weird red dark everywhere and I run straight into a bear without even seeing him.

masud

Banned
Loots def fixed, I find stuff in most of the containers now and in cars. Didnt find any guns though just ammo. Still have yet to fire a shot...

AcridMeat

Banned
Just about an hour 1/2 of playtime, just logged out. Loot of note,

Motorcycle helmet, shirt, jeans, backpack (found 3 total), waist pack, binoculars (didn't know they existed), compass
1911 with ~60 shots, ~60 sniper ammo, some shotgun, and .223 which I didn't know existed in the game.

Deer jerky, steaks, a trap with nails, metal sheets, swizzle, blackberry juice and coffee for days,

The wooden bow is probably my favorite thing I could finally craft, had a makeshift hatchet for the first time as well but now have an axe.

Now I'm walking around at max capacity, so I decided to log out when I couldn't find any other guns. The era of camp raids is upon us.

All of this was without entering a town or city btw. Just a handful of houses and gas stations/cars along the way. Didn't do any exploiting either, but the ammo seems to respawn super fast.

Jams775

I wonder if they're trying the approach of spawning too much stuff then toning it down. As opposed to too little.

It could change KOS drastically if everyone is geared up. Nobody desperate for a backpack anymore. I wonder how much it'll change the macro gameplay.

psn

I wonder if they're trying the approach of spawning too much stuff then toning it down. As opposed to too little.

It could change KOS drastically if everyone is geared up. Nobody desperate for a backpack anymore. I wonder how much it'll change the macro gameplay.

They are still mostly killing on sight... Have 5 characters on a single server with much loot now but got killed several times by many groups, even though I wasn't even wearing a backpack.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

Yes, that's basically what they're doing, a dev already mentioned toning it down. They should have done that from the beginning, really. Too much loot is far better than not being able to find anything.

Jams775

They are still mostly killing on sight... Have 5 characters on a single server with much loot now but got killed several times by many groups, even though I wasn't even wearing a backpack.

I don't mean right away though. If after a while people have so much hoarded that at least half don't feel the need to KOS. It could turn into something more fun like base wars or territory control. That's a big if though.

Yes, that's basically what they're doing, a dev already mentioned toning it down. They should have done that from the beginning, really. Too much loot is far better than not being able to find anything.

Yup. They should have left it like this from the start. At least with it like this they can start adding more stuff now. Still not sure if I'll jump back in right away. I'll probably wait a couple weeks first.

demolitio

I don't mean right away though. If after a while people have so much hoarded that at least half don't feel the need to KOS. It could turn into something more fun like base wars or territory control. That's a big if though.

Yup. They should have left it like this from the start. At least with it like this they can start adding more stuff now. Still not sure if I'll jump back in right away. I'll probably wait a couple weeks first.

I think you're giving too much credit to the douchenozzles who just kill people regardless of loot.

I hope it turns out that way too, but I think the best chances of that happening is to make large zombie hordes extremely attracted to the sounds of fighting so it's a serious risk to engage someone who might not have enough to warrant the fight that might come afterwards.

Guess I'm going to hop on and try out the patch now. Wish me luck.

HowZatOZ

Banned
The problem was it was bugged, so it took them until now to fix the loot issue.

Phreaker

I wanted to play Dying Light when I got home, but I might have to log in and see if I can find some fat loots! (I've only fired four bullets in the game and I must have about 25 hours played by now.)

kcxiv

loot is definatley better, im ok with this, maybe the guns needs to be tuned down a bit, but everything else as far as spool/foood and what not is ok, maybe just a tad down, but not by much.

demolitio

Loot keeps respawning right where I'm at and people keep visiting the loot cache but never finding me so I just take their leftovers...lol.

Definitely a lot more fun now. I just need to find a 1911 to use all this .45 ammo. There definitely will be a lot more armed bandits though. I heard an AR-15 nearby and the guy probably shot 30 rounds which made me cower in fear.

If anyone is on Solace right now, add -Demo- on Steam. I'm getting antsy.

kcxiv

Loot keeps respawning right where I'm at and people keep visiting the loot cache but never finding me so I just take their leftovers...lol.

Definitely a lot more fun now. I just need to find a 1911 to use all this .45 ammo. There definitely will be a lot more armed bandits though. I heard an AR-15 nearby and the guy probably shot 30 rounds which made me cower in fear.

im logging back in had to make a phone call, cant stay afk in this game, gotta log out. lol

kcxiv on steam

Teknoman

Time to bravely step forward out of...the high rise I logged out of in Ranchito...damn it.

demolitio

Yea, good luck with that. I'm still trying to stay around the dam for a bit due to those gunshots. Going to go find something to eat in real life and then hop back on to cry in the corner some more.

Teknoman

Have we set up another GAF fort?

Not that I know of. I think it's time to do it while the loot is plentiful though. Plenty of building materials in these warehouses.

Either a remote base in the wilderness or a fort on top of a mountain or hill where we'd have the high ground.

Yeah and maybe an odd landmark nearby(?) for quick locating.

In other news:

"[H1Z1 Update] Servers will be coming down at 2:30PM Pacific for approximately 2 hours. Full Patch notes here:"

Compsiox

Banned

In other news:

"[H1Z1 Update] Servers will be coming down at 2:30PM Pacific for approximately 2 hours. Full Patch notes here:"

Including battle royal servers?!?! Fucking hilarious glad I just died.

demolitio

In other news:

Well then, I guess I won't be getting back on...

They're probably fixing whatever the hell was happening to me. Having a shitload of supplies spawn over and over again in the same spot pretty much discouraged me from moving.

Also, someone put a shack in front of the dam's loot cache so be careful. He/she only has a few animal traps at the moment.

Top Bottom