• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

FrsDvl

The new loot system is still pretty damn good. Lots of melee weapons, food in the houses, crafting parts all over, and an absolute shitload of .45 ammo. Guns are still going to be a treat to find in a short period of time but FRS found a .308 with a lot of ammo not too long after we started playing.

Definitely plays a lot better now and I don't have to live off of berries. Just wish we didn't stumble upon a guy's base as he was in there with his AR-15 because now I'm afraid to come out of the bush I was hiding in.

Best patch so far.

Yeah, it's a little bit too good with loot. But i wont complain haha.

Now if only i found a handgun to use my 150 bullets with...

antonz

ammo is too plentiful for sure. I have 600 rounds of .308 and 900 rounds of .223 just gathered today. It seems like ammo is spawning in too big of piles if anything. I picked up a single ammo canister with over 120 .223 in it

demolitio

i was getting caught up on my TV shows, im logging in now, but its kinda late

FRS and I just got off 40 minutes or so ago. Will be back on tomorrow as we ended up logging off under the dam again since the loots keeps respawning there and people leave shit in the loot cache as well.

twisted89

Im gonna try to make my way out of Ranchito and find some sort of crowbar / start stocking up on metal if I can. Now is probably the best time to start getting the base together imo.

I don't think they've patched the jumping over fences bug yet so I wouldn't count on it.

Ensirius

With the new loot, I am having so much more fun than I was before.
I have killed 4-5 zombies which dropped more loot than I could get 15 hours or so I put into the game.

kcxiv

ill be playing tonight if people want to group up a little. I wanna kill some folks or get killed. haha I want some youtube moments

Not feeling the new loot. I like finding more food and craftables, but the plentiful guns and ammo is making finding players a much more dangerous game. Since the patch about 9/10 of my player encounters have ended in a shootout.

Not feeling the new loot. I like finding more food and craftables, but the plentiful guns and ammo is making finding players a much more dangerous game. Since the patch about 9/10 of my player encounters have ended in a shootout.

Yeah, they need to do a few things, but they're probably testing their tuning fixes on loot respawn.

The major fixes they need to do is making weapons visible and adding a delay on taking out weapons. Then the conversations can start because you don't have to worry about someone whipping out a shotgun instantly and killing you.

Ianan

So happy they fixed a lot of things that were annoying me. Did a Battle Royale a few hours ago and came third or second, shit was tense!

Jerbs

Bears are relentless. They never stop. And they clip through doors. Sure, realistically, a bear could break down a door easily. But damn.

demolitio

A full day where I survived. Feels good, real goooooooooood.

Just wish the 1911 we found wasn't at 11 durability...lol. Loot is a lot better since ammo might be easy to find but weapons still aren't. We just got lucky and found a guy's hidden base at the edge of the map.

I still need to try Battle Royale but the hackers and dupers turned me off from trying it early on. I'd imagine a group in that mode that agrees to a cease-fire early on could create a lot of havoc before they turn on each other.

rusticdog

Neo Member
I still need to try Battle Royale but the hackers and dupers turned me off from trying it early on. I'd imagine a group in that mode that agrees to a cease-fire early on could create a lot of havoc before they turn on each other.

You could check out http://www.twitch.tv/boywonder502
He streams Battle Royale daily and has a couple of mates on board, which can make it a lot of fun to watch. And I do mean that as I have no intention on playing this game ever.

Also from what I've seen, dupers will be irrelevant as BR is plentiful on loot, and hackers too aren't seemingly common as getting into the BR servers is too time consuming for their patience.

Kanokare

Made the mistakes of signing in using an alternate SOE account because my main account was having problems. Now can't use my main to play SOE because it registers based on the first SOE logged in. Oh well... once EA is over I'll just use my main and miss out on the exclusives I got from EA.

FrsDvl

Weird, my friend and I spent about twenty minutes trying to light a furnace, a barbecue, and two seperate camp fires with every manner of combustible material and it wasn't working. We had to log out so we didn't starve to death.

I have had fires bug out on me, where it seems as if nothing ever lights on fire, but it still works as if it is on fire.

Well the dev posted on someone's stream that they don't have automated banning turned on yet, so they have to manually do it while spotting them.

Seems like they're close to doing so.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Well the dev posted on someone's stream that they don't have automated banning turned on yet, so they have to manually do it while spotting them.

Yep, they're still watching them, and seeing what they do.

This is exactly what happened in early Planetside 2, when people were complaining about hacking running wild. Then just like that... most were gone.

Pop

Anyone else having issues getting passed the H1Z1 splash screen?

Yes

Game won't start for me.

4Vke14x.png

Compsiox

Banned
INVISIBLE HACKERS IN BATTLE ROYALE!

I wouldn't even bother playing until hacking is impossible.

IT HAPPENED TWICE!! 2 GAMES IN A ROW!!! It fucking sucked so bad.

and this is why there are so many all of a sudden:

Rising_Hei

I've been playing on "Barcelona" tonight for the first time and everyone i've encountered is an ass... they play the game as if this was counter strike and don't even give time to newcomers to learn how to play -.-

Install Game. Log on to Solace. Find a church, a gun and some ammunition. Still trying to figure out controls, accidentally sit on the ground. Some guy finds me and kills me. He laughs maniacally. His name is FUNERD.

This game's trying to tell me something.

Airdrops duh. I'm not stupid like come on!

Stuff from airdrop crates aren't really that valuable anymore. I can get the same thing just walking into a cabin that hasn't been looted in the last twenty minutes.

Adam Clegg again...
I didn't expect this to blow up as much as it did. Just so everybody stops freaking out per the norm here is some more info.

There's currently no timeline to when we are going to do this

There's currently no timeline to a server wipe

Yes we will tell you before it happens, we won't just do it

Yes we are going to fix basebuilding glitches and safety overall

What gun is full auto? I thought it was the AR15 but that's only single shot.

None at the moment. They said AK47 will probably be the first.

demolitio

Stuff from airdrop crates aren't really that valuable anymore. I can get the same thing just walking into a cabin that hasn't been looted in the last twenty minutes.

Adam Clegg again...

None at the moment. They said AK47 will probably be the first.

Not surprising since the AR-15 is supposed to be your average civilian model. Theoretically, they could put a crafting recipe in there to modify it to fully automatic since it's an easy modification, but I like having it semi-auto.

I hope we see a decent amount of civilian weapons given this game's location. Some Mini-14's would be perfect since ranchers love it and it's really popular here (basically civilian M-14).

Hell, I wouldn't mind if the only real automatic weaponry anytime soon were SMG's like MP5's that you'd find at police stations or in SWAT vans, etc. Automatic rifles will be overkill in the current state of the game unless they make the recoil semi-realistic and discourage people from going nuts with them.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Bow damage needs to be nerfed hard. Being two hit by arrows doesn't make sense when I've got a helmet on and I shot the guy with a .308.

twisted89

There's a thing called a list of priority shit. Some things are much higher than others.

I think you read into my post a bit much, I wasn't complaining that they hadn't fixed it merely stating that people can still get into your base very easily so not much point building one.

Top Bottom