• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hackcess: The Thread

Danthrax said:
When you get close, like maybe to 10k, sell enough offense (and perhaps a little defense) to get up to 15k, then buy the virus immediately. It's completely worth it.
Yeah, I was waiting for a good hit before doing that and I've just scored on somebody for 8k, so I sold off a few of my kbps to make up the difference.

Stick to pages 15-20 when attacking. This reset happened without notice and there are a lot of people who don't play, but have active accounts. Some amass a good chunk for this early in the game.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I have my farm army ready =P; level 2 virus; I may just be able to reach level 3 at night... Vault level = 0 :lol.

I'm of the theory that virus level >> everything; I mean, machines are pretty useless now when you consider that at level 8 you gain 512 per tick (two days playing and I only have 335, lol), so if I have enough, I would sell both my attack and defense for a virus upgrade.

frontieruk

manueldelalas said:
I'm of the theory that virus level >> everything; I mean, machines are pretty useless now when you consider that at level 8 you gain 512 per tick (two days playing and I only have 335, lol), so if I have enough, I would sell both my attack and defense for a virus upgrade.

this seems a positive way forward, I've also invested into my vault, it might just cover my sleep periods atm :D

having nightmares about the heady heights I'm currently in the rankings... something must be wrong. :lol

Razorskin

----- ------
Probably going to keep it safe while upgrading my virus and buy some defense then sell for level 3,4,5 etc.. Already have two people that keep attacking me, they haven't even got over 1000c off me yet it's like they're just waiting for me to leave money outside my level 6 vault.I've been using proxies for referrals and have about 250 computers.

frontieruk

sounds a plan, gives the gung ho of us a reliable force pushing the team forward

w00t made top 25 players list, I can die a happy hackcess player lol

ccbfan

Virus level is probably like 90 percent of ranking.

I was rank 22 when I levelled to level 3 virus and I jumped to rank 4.

Now I'm ranked 5.

Mainly only care about defense right now. Hits aren't too great. I average less per hit then I get per tick.

frontieruk

ccbfan said:
Virus level is probably like 90 percent of ranking.

I was rank 22 when I levelled to level 3 virus and I jumped to rank 4.

Now I'm ranked 5.

Mainly only care about defense right now. Hits aren't too great. I average less per hit then I get per tick.

I'm getting an average of 2k a hit, so the virus route seems more appealing

Razorskin

----- ------
frontieruk said:
I'm getting an average of 2k a hit, so the virus route seems more appealing

Upgrading virus is always the best route.

Our crew now has 16 members, not a large number but it should be fine for now. The next few weeks will be interesting.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I have a level 7 vault, level 3 virus and 385 machines. I had over 400 machines but ecid (whose defense is too high for me to hit) destroyed 57 a couple hours ago.

By some miracle I haven't been attacked for 24 hours and logged in with 44,000 credits. 5 IP's and a couple of kbps later I could afford virus level 3. Getting 2705 per tick now. Hope no one with high bandwidth will notice.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
VibratingDonkey said:
By some miracle I haven't been attacked for 24 hours and logged in with 44,000 credits. 5 IP's and a couple of kbps later I could afford virus level 3. Getting 2705 per tick now. Hope no one with high bandwidth will notice.
They attacked me 7 times last night, I guess it was because I was first on GAF at that time :lol .

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
VibratingDonkey said:

Yeah I've been attacked very rarely this round, too. I ran up to 60,000 credits this morning and bought virus level 3 as well. I'm making 3,045 credits per tick. I've also tried to dump quite a bit into mhz to avoid getting hit, which seems to be working. Since I mostly attack low-ranked players so I don't need high kbps.

What annoys me is that upgrading my virus only put me in 18th place, and all the members of the (newly named) WhyArentWeFirst crew are clogging the top. They clearly have higher than level 3 virus already, which would be tough to get without something fishy going on.

ccbfan

frontieruk said:
I'm 5th in bw be better to be 5th in both but of well :( :lol

I'm also 5th in total rank.

I'm kinda scared though.

You know that whole crew that was called top4 with the entire top 4 ranking. Well they're now call top5 with rank 1-4 and 6 with the 6 rank player having the top ranked bw. I feel a hell storm is coming at me soon. I hope my 5th rank mhz can beat the top ranked bw.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
ccbfan said:
I'm also 5th in total rank.

I'm kinda scared though.

You know that whole crew that was called top4 with the entire top 4 ranking. Well they're now call top5 with rank 1-4 and 6 with the 6 rank player having the top ranked bw. I feel a hell storm is coming at me soon. I hope my 5th rank mhz can beat the top ranked bw.

do you... want to join the GAF crew? I just noticed you're not in the group

Articate

Banned
back into top 50 like I was before reset. Got level 3 virus today! Now starts the fun.

Was lucky, yesterday. Was away all day, but came back and found myself not having been attacked at all. And the same this morning!

I must have done something right, since the reset I've only been attacked eight times.

Virus level 4 now. Vault level 10. MHz is 9000 over 9000. Bandwidth I don't give a shit about. Low level, inactive accounts is where all the cash is anyway. At least this early in the game. Plus there's no risk of incurring the wrath of someone. 15.899 is my biggest haul so far. Getting around 7,000 per tick.

Ferrio

Banned
VibratingDonkey said:
I must have done something right, since the reset I've only been attacked eight times.

Everyone is attack inactive accounts. The chances of getting a decent return on anyone in the top brackets is small since they're most likely active and constantly spending cash.

They should of killed all accounts too.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Oh my God

I dropped 45,000 on a level 9 vault and it didn't give it to me. It took my money! But it didn't give me the vault.

MOTHER OF FUCK

ccbfan

Danthrax said:
do you... want to join the GAF crew? I just noticed you're not in the group

Sure send me an invite the name is nafbcc. I didn't even notice I was clan less.

Got absolutely owned today. I guess thats what happens when you're afk for long periods of time. Lost like 300k credits. The number one kps owned me.

Razorskin

----- ------
I'm pretty much guaranteed 5 attacks or more while i'm away. Just got level 5 virus and level 9 vault. Even if you don't have much defense or attack upgrading your virus always shoots you up the rankings. I sold off most of my attack for the virus.

ccbfan

Its only one guy but this guy is using me as his farm while I'm asleep/afk.

Lost like 500k to him already.

fagged 2 hours ago You were defeated. 117,231 736
fagged 2 hours ago You were defeated. 60,119 927
citrus997 3 hours ago You defended yourself. 0 0
bobby 8 hours ago You defended yourself. 0 0
fagged 8 hours ago You were defeated. 91,650 41
spuddy09 14 hours ago You defended yourself. 0 0
fagged 16 hours ago You were defeated. 7,366 32
fagged 17 hours ago You were defeated. 77,023 456
fagged 17 hours ago You were defeated. 110,331 347
fagged 21 hours ago You were defeated. 27,167 139

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
level 5 virus and level 0 vault =P.

I will be keeping my defense high now, while maintaining my attack low, so I don't have unnecessary high rank... Haven't been attacked in a while now.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Well, guys, it all makes sense now... We're losing at Hackcess to a 14-year-old.

From the chat:

Lagged 02:28:
I'm 14, so its pretty
much idealic to start with
:)
konig 02:28:
but I really love the
simplicity of python

He admitted that what he does it stay up to a certain time so his buddies can take over while he's asleep. His account never rests. Pretty damn sad.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
He sold the 4th and 5th ranked players in order to keep untouchable, because Fagged attacked him; but I wouldn't worry, I know that strategy isn't sustainable in time.

Level 7 virus right now, GAF is second =P. We should let Scallywags and Top 2 fight each other and ignore them at the time. After I'm level 8, I will only attack Fishsticks because they smell like the past LUElinks (i.e. full of money =P).

Razorskin

----- ------
fagged 11 minutes ago You were defeated. 193,094 948
fagged 5 hours ago You were defeated. 24,202 52
fagged 5 hours ago You were defeated. 61,605 0
fagged 5 hours ago You were defeated. 16,438 454
fagged 5 hours ago You were defeated. 24,678 418
fagged 6 hours ago You were defeated. 52,138 620
fagged 6 hours ago You were defeated. 19,733 1094
fagged 6 hours ago You were defeated. 64,384 226

Ugh, if only I woke up a bit earlier.

Articate

Banned
FFS. I just sold stuff to get enough to get the virus for 240,000 and JUST as I'm going to buy it I get attacked. Fucking lag.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
yay! level 8 virus. I desperately need to upgrade defense =P (sold almost everything to get the god damn virus level). 94k per tick now =D. Vault level = 0.

GAF is first; I think this is the first time this round...

ccbfan

Oh wow. Away for the weekend and go from number 3 to number 9. Plus have these guys use me as a farm.

Lagged 53 minutes ago You were defeated. 12,447 941
fagged 5 hours ago You were defeated. 128,738 1690
fagged 6 hours ago You were defeated. 200,344 859
fagged 6 hours ago You were defeated. 57,024 3789
DavidRa 6 hours ago You were defeated. 368,988 4367
fagged 6 hours ago You were defeated. 367,300 2192
Malkhuth 8 hours ago You defended yourself. 0 0
DavidRa 14 hours ago You were defeated. 221,014 2673
Lagged 14 hours ago You were defeated. 49,678 0
Lagged 14 hours ago You were defeated. 155,687 1563
ecid 18 hours ago You were defeated. 7,446 274
ecid 20 hours ago You were defeated. 182,365 4392
Lagged 21 hours ago You were defeated. 346,402 0
Lagged 22 hours ago You were defeated. 380,577 1156
Lagged 1 days ago You were defeated. 247,286 3319
Lagged 1 days ago You were defeated. 253,497 0
Lagged 1 days ago You were defeated. 96,857 4421
Lagged 1 days ago You were defeated. 284,873 298
Lagged 1 days ago You were defeated. 26,560 794
ecid 2 days ago You were defeated. 224,074 280
ecid 2 days ago You were defeated. 386,828 282
Lagged 2 days ago You were defeated. 144,979 1406

Good news though is that neogaf is back to number 1.

ccbfan said:
Oh wow. Away for the weekend and go from number 3 to number 9. Plus have these guys use me as a farm.

Lagged 53 minutes ago You were defeated. 12,447 941
fagged 5 hours ago You were defeated. 128,738 1690
fagged 6 hours ago You were defeated. 200,344 859
fagged 6 hours ago You were defeated. 57,024 3789
DavidRa 6 hours ago You were defeated. 368,988 4367
fagged 6 hours ago You were defeated. 367,300 2192
Malkhuth 8 hours ago You defended yourself. 0 0
DavidRa 14 hours ago You were defeated. 221,014 2673
Lagged 14 hours ago You were defeated. 49,678 0
Lagged 14 hours ago You were defeated. 155,687 1563
ecid 18 hours ago You were defeated. 7,446 274
ecid 20 hours ago You were defeated. 182,365 4392
Lagged 21 hours ago You were defeated. 346,402 0
Lagged 22 hours ago You were defeated. 380,577 1156
Lagged 1 days ago You were defeated. 247,286 3319
Lagged 1 days ago You were defeated. 253,497 0
Lagged 1 days ago You were defeated. 96,857 4421
Lagged 1 days ago You were defeated. 284,873 298
Lagged 1 days ago You were defeated. 26,560 794
ecid 2 days ago You were defeated. 224,074 280
ecid 2 days ago You were defeated. 386,828 282
Lagged 2 days ago You were defeated. 144,979 1406

Good news though is that neogaf is back to number 1.
Which is why those people have been getting on my ass as well. :\

Was more or less cruising through getting attacked maybe twice a day. Now I wake up and have had basically one attack per hour from Lagged, fagged and DavidRa. And there's nothing you can do about it. 1, 2, 3 in bandwidth. The only one you could possibly hit back is DavidRa, ranked 38th in mhz.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Second =/; we should hunt some fish (I will ignore scallywags and MateyMates for now because they are damn cheaters).

EDIT: Woa! Those Fishsticks guys are loaded; even the lowest ranked will give you 20k...

frontieruk

going to apologize, I got farmed cos I was away for the weekend, will try to make up lost ground, must remember to do all my referrals

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This site set off websense and got me in trouble at work :''''(

Think it must refresh like every minute or something, I barely even went on that much.

I'll be selling off all my stuff as I'm finally beginning to see the futility in it all. Lagged has been untouchable for like a week and probably has about five billion megahertz by now. So I'm just stuck in a rut where I pretty much can't advance in any manner. I'll forever be 4th or 5th in mhz, 150-200k per tick, Lagged and fagged keeping me there by continuing to steal half my income at night to even further increase their lead. Basically all I'm doing at this point is funding their progress. I'd prefer funding my own crew instead.

So ccbfan, if you're interested in finding out if a couple of million will get you anywhere, get 5 IP's ready and tell me when.

And you all don't forget to farm my account afterwards, because those darn cheaters will.

ccbfan

VibratingDonkey said:
I'll be selling off all my stuff as I'm finally beginning to see the futility in it all. Lagged has been untouchable for like a week and probably has about five billion megahertz by now. So I'm just stuck in a rut where I pretty much can't advance in any manner. I'll forever be 4th or 5th in mhz, 150-200k per tick, Lagged and fagged keeping me there by continuing to steal half my income at night to even further increase their lead. Basically all I'm doing at this point is funding their progress. I'd prefer funding my own crew instead.

So ccbfan, if you're interested in finding out if a couple of million will get you anywhere, get 5 IP's ready and tell me when.

And you all don't forget to farm my account afterwards, because those darn cheaters will.

LOL I'm kinda in coma mode too for this game too. I'm at work right now and head to the gym right after so I anything after about 9:00 pm Eastern time (New york) would be fine.

or

I could do it in between 2-5 at work

ccbfan said:
LOL I'm kinda in coma mode too for this game too. I'm at work right now and head to the gym right after so I anything after about 9:00 pm Eastern time (New york) would be fine.

or

I could do it in between 2-5 at work
Well, when you eventually get tired of it you can pass the heritage down to the next guy who does the same and so on until the NeoGAF crew consists of one account to rule them all.

9 pm would be eight hours from now right? Think I can manage that.

Top Bottom