• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hackcess: The Thread

ccbfan

Holy crap just lose like half my machines just because of this guy.

Maxim2735 2 hours ago You were defeated. 38,967 1137
Maxim2735 2 hours ago You were defeated. 64,739 10030
Maxim2735 2 hours ago You were defeated. 38,102 8264
Maxim2735 2 hours ago You were defeated. 178,439 3954
Maxim2735 2 hours ago You were defeated. 78,422 5048
Maxim2735 5 hours ago You were defeated. 92,195 10082
Maxim2735 6 hours ago You were defeated. 0 13466

Razorskin

----- ------
ccbfan said:
Holy crap just lose like half my machines just because of this guy.

Maxim2735 2 hours ago You were defeated. 38,967 1137
Maxim2735 2 hours ago You were defeated. 64,739 10030
Maxim2735 2 hours ago You were defeated. 38,102 8264
Maxim2735 2 hours ago You were defeated. 178,439 3954
Maxim2735 2 hours ago You were defeated. 78,422 5048
Maxim2735 5 hours ago You were defeated. 92,195 10082
Maxim2735 6 hours ago You were defeated. 0 13466

That guy attacks me all the time, i feel your pain.

ringlord

He just started targetting me today as well. I've never attacked him so far as I know. His message ("Credits? No, you must have the wrong guy. I'm just here to collect the machines") makes it sound like he's a griefer.

Maxim2735 14 minutes ago You were defeated. 0 1625
Maxim2735 45 minutes ago You were defeated. 0 0
Maxim2735 1 hours ago You were defeated. 0 3917
Maxim2735 2 hours ago You were defeated. 0 1927
Maxim2735 2 hours ago You were defeated. 0 273
Maxim2735 3 hours ago You were defeated. 0 3652
Maxim2735 3 hours ago You were defeated. 0 5280
bigby 3 hours ago You were defeated. 0 4287
Maxim2735 4 hours ago You were defeated. 151,720 3389
Maxim2735 4 hours ago You were defeated. 129,510 1279
Maxim2735 5 hours ago You were defeated. 62,565 5267
Maxim2735 5 hours ago You were defeated. 6,306 3566
DWIInteligente 5 hours ago You were defeated. 38,254 8292
Maxim2735 6 hours ago You were defeated. 0 8774
Maxim2735 6 hours ago You were defeated. 0 4275
Maxim2735 7 hours ago You were defeated. 391,349 5325
Maxim2735 7 hours ago You were defeated. 300,800 3977
Maxim2735 10 hours ago You were defeated. 384,630 4024

I hate to give him the pleasure by attacking him back, since I'm sure that's how he gets his thrills. Anyone know if he has any machines? I'd rather make my cash through attacks and just let him waste IPs... before long I may be out of his reach.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I'll attack him, he can't touch me (I hope =P), so that will piss him off.

Bad idea =/, I have aproximately the same defense as his attack; he got the first strike but I defended the second time...

Articate

Banned
So, I enjoy the 'hacker' aspect of this game. It's safe to say it's what's kept me from not quitting yet. Which I might do. But, anyway! Tired of hackess? Want a similar single player game?

RVL Hacker! (clicky for image)

It's a single-player hacker game where you write your commands and do things much more manually from Hackcess. You've gotta use your cunning to find all servers on each mission, so it's fun.

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=17398127
That site talks about how it was a give-away ironically some days ago, but I suppose you can still find the full game out there somewhere

EDIT: Oh, it's hard to get past the tutorial, because at the point where it wants you to transfer credits, it doesn't continue until you've transfered all the credits out of the account (4000)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Yeah, instead of the login fields, it now has:

Hackcess said:
The server is currently down for maintenace and should be back shortly.

And look at this on the side!

Hackcess said:
Top 5 Crews
Crew Members
1. NeoGAF 0
2. LUElinks 0
3. ThreeInches 0
4. DFCREW 0
5. Spoons 0

Oh no!! :lol

I feel so lost without my megahurtz. :(

Apparently you can start attacking people next tick, so I guess I'll hit some poor random person and get me some defense before going to bed.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
You know what's a pisser? Even though it's reset, I still can't click my referral link because I have "the maximum referrals for today"! -_-

Razorskin

----- ------
Danthrax said:
You know what's a pisser? Even though it's reset, I still can't click my referral link because I have "the maximum referrals for today"! -_-

We should probably redo the referral groups now with the reset.

EDIT: Though we should wait a week before doing it.

john2kx

lol... well, yeah.. I think i'm done with the game.. It's been fun, but I think i've wasted enough time on it.. :lol

See you guys back in the gaming discussion forum.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Well, it didn't take long for us to have the #1 crew this time! =P

Another thing on the bright side: It only takes the system about 20 seconds after the tick to update everyone's stats, as opposed to two minutes.

john2kx said:
lol... well, yeah.. I think i'm done with the game.. It's been fun, but I think i've wasted enough time on it.. :lol

See you guys back in the gaming discussion forum.

sorry to lose you, john. =\

well, this bites.

Ive been playing more Ogame lately, so I think I will move on, too. dont know yet.

heh, it feels like when your memory card has been wiped...all that work, and nothing to show for it. :lol :lol

Articate

Banned
well, that changes the playingfield quite the bit. Sure, I'll hang around, for now. I think it's smart to get a high virus quickly.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I'll stay. Someone send an invite to DonManolo...

Strategy: First boost attack and defense -> sell to get virus, repeat until virus level 8. Then only boost defense until machine ranking = insane and defense rank = 1st (while maintaining attack at 10% of mhz). Then boost attack little by little while maintaining 1st in defense, until 1st in attack. Then buy vault (lol). Then troll people not in first place. And the world domination hohoho.

DNF

manueldelalas said:
I'll stay. Someone send an invite to DonManolo...

Strategy: First boost attack and defense -> sell to get virus, repeat until virus level 8. Then only boost defense until machine ranking = insane and defense rank = 1st (while maintaining attack at 10% of mhz). Then boost attack little by little while maintaining 1st in defense, until 1st in attack. Then buy vault (lol). Then troll people not in first place. And the world domination hohoho.

and don't forget to kidnap the queen and force her to set the exchange rate:
1 Bison-$ = 5 £

Articate said:
well, that changes the playingfield quite the bit. Sure, I'll hang around, for now. I think it's smart to get a high virus quickly.
Gonna try and beef up my mhz first. It's over 1000!

Finally, I'm in the top 10. :p

Razorskin

----- ------
OgTheClever said:
I'm happy to jump back into this due to the reset so send me an invite into the crew again please.

Invite sent.

Doesn't take much to be at the top in mhz, I have 896 mhz and I'm 11th. I'm going to be upgrading virus and vault from now on while also getting more attack and defense from time to time.

Razorskin said:
Doesn't take much to be at the top in mhz, I have 896 mhz and I'm 11th. I'm going to be upgrading virus and vault from now on while also getting more attack and defense from time to time.
Yeah, my first tick has just gone and I was surprised to find myself rank 80th for both attack and defence. I thought I would be around 200ish.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm beefing up my mhz and kbps equally and increasing my vault when I can. I'm basically climbing the vault ladder until I'm within striking distance (about level 6, 6,300) to get the level 2 virus.

I've dropped in rank rather quickly, though... I was 8th last night and now I'm 52nd. =\

Articate

Banned
This is quite something else. Before we had inactive accounts to farm to get us beefed up in the beginning. Now it's just everyone with no money.

frontieruk

So do I take it we won the last round? I'm glad my contribution helped :D

Guess we go at it again? :D

* edit * spelling... Christ me and my dyslexic fingers.

Virus level 2 achieved. Now to beef up my vault and mhz so no one farms the mad stacks of money I'll be getting off of my 4 infections per tick tonight.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
VibratingDonkey said:
Virus level 2 achieved. Now to beef up my vault and mhz so no one farms the mad stacks of money I'll be getting off of my 4 infections per tick tonight.

:lol This feels like we just suffered nuclear war and are trying to pick up the pieces.

Anyway, I'm trying to make a run up to virus level 2 right now. Wish me luck...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Aaaaand I jumped up to 15th :lol That level 2 virus sure does a lot for you. My attack is ranked only 168th!

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
level two virus, huge jump in rank which sucks because my defense is low... actually a good strategy is to attack high ranked people with low attack and defense, because they have more virus =P.

ccbfan

Virus does a lot.

I was top 5 when I just went level 3 virus even with under 1000 mhz and 28 bandwidth. Was a little vulnerable when I went to bed from the level 3 purchase but now woke up and rebuffed my defense with a couple kentfields. Only one attack and it was from someone that kept attacking me pre-reset.

DavidRa 5 hours ago You were defeated. 897 14

Oh gosh darn it all to heck, apparently I've already managed to get myself a fan.

BraindeadX 3 hours ago You were defeated. 1,619 26
BraindeadX 3 hours ago You were defeated. 2,597 2
BraindeadX 3 hours ago You were defeated. 729 26
BraindeadX 19 hours ago You were defeated. 715 2

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
OgTheClever said:
Oh how I envy you. I can't even amass the 15k for a single virus upgrade :(

When you get close, like maybe to 10k, sell enough offense (and perhaps a little defense) to get up to 15k, then buy the virus immediately. It's completely worth it.

Top Bottom