• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haha, The 90s! There's a Jay and Silent Bob game now (crowdfunding on Fig)

Warxard

Banned
https://youtu.be/QZ8jSl4m0e4?t=4

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02...-on-fig?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Fans of Kevin Smith's slacker universe can get excited today, as developer Interabang Entertainment is launching a Fig campaign today for a Jay and Silent Bob game called Jay and Silent Bob: Chronic Blunt Punch.

A 2.5-D beat-'em-up in the style of Streets of Rage and Double Dragon, Chronic Blunt Punch will let you and a friend step into the shoes of Jay and Silent Bob as they fight their way through hordes of enemies.

The two stars are trapped in a massive mall looking for their loyal chronic customers, and have to fight their way through this strange mega-mall to find them. True to the series, Jay and Silent Bob can add insult to injury with what Interabang call the Convo Combat system. You can match phrases for "Yo Momma"-style insults while comboing with your fists for double the effect.

Fig campaign here: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/jay-and-silent-bob-chronic-blunt-punch

I...don't think I want this.

theRizzle

If they made this slightly "adventure-ish" like the old Beavis & Butthead game for Genesis I could maybe get behind it... but just a regular-ass beat 'em up? I'll pass.

About half of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is the funniest shit ever. The other half is throwaway bobbins. I would play a J&SB game that had that same ratio of laughs to non-laughs.

If they made this slightly "adventure-ish" like the old Beavis & Butthead game for Genesis I could maybe get behind it... but just a regular-ass beat 'em up? I'll pass.

Agreed.

I was excited until I saw beat 'em up. Who knows though, Scott Pilgrim was amazing, this might be as well.

Tain

A 2.5-D beat-'em-up in the style of Streets of Rage and Double Dragon

br88huW.png

WDXDkKb.png

uh, sure

god, this is everything I don't want

I'm listening to the smodcast right now where the developers are talking about the game. Sounds fun. I like the idea of the insults before a fight making a difference. Sounds like my kind of stupid.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
If anything, they should've used the artstyle of the cartoon series (or something that resembles it). This doesn't look too hot

jay and silent bob are stupid characters. couple of stoners spouting dumbass catch phrases like a third-rate cheech and chong or bill and ted. fuck jay and silent bob, fuck them up their stupid asses.

Eh, I used to think jay and silent bob and the view askiuniverse were the best thing ever. But alot of the jay and bob stuff, outside of clerks one and two, and dogma, is really dumb. Though I do like the art style they are going for.

I like Kevin Smith his SMODcast is pretty entertaining. Disappointed it's a brawler considering his career I would have loved to see it be an RPG.

Stiler

Direction of the game is disappointing.

I think something more like South Park- The stick of Truth would have been a faaaaaaar more interesting game.

Where it's more about the story and wacky situations Jay and Silent Bob get into while going throughout the world (made up of many famous areas from the Kevin Smith movies, from the mall in Mallrats to the iconic clerks store, etc).

HAve quests, characters to talk with, even expand it more by having a newer dialogue/choice system that allows you to change and shape how things play out a la Witcher 3.

I would have been a LOT more interested in that type of game rather then a generic "beat em up" sidescroller.

Top Bottom