• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

hahah, Nintendo is actually sponsoring a good concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
well, 2/3rds good anyway.

Nintendo Fusion Tour featuring Lost Prophets, Story of the Year, and My Chemical Romance

MCR is fucking awesome, and Lost Prophets are pretty damn good. It is a shame Story of the Year is anywhere near that tour =/ A great band, a good band, and complete shit.

Not exactly what I'd expect from a Nintendo sponsership.

It's just an effort to get bands that are popular with a youthful crowd. The last one had Evanescence and some other band that appeals to the same groups.

Personally, I have no interest in any of these bands lol.

Matlock

Banned
Yeah, last year was:

Evanescence
Cold
Finger Eleven
Revis
Cauterize

This year...full listing (even temp bands)

Story of the Year
lostprophets
My Chemical Response
Letter Kills
anberlin
autopilot off

Last year's was definitely better, but this year's is pretty nifty keen as well, especially for the limited engagement with AO.

Tulsa lucked out on the Fusion Tour. We weren't even going to get it until one of the station had Evanescence "live up" to their promise of returning to Tulsa. Yeah right, but they came back nonetheless and it was coupled with the local Edgefest. The local music alone was great, and we had another stage with head liners and other bands not even on the tour. It was grand.

Ceros

Don't know about concerts, but I know Nintendo does sponsor some AND-1 tournaments. I think they are one of the sponsors for the whole AND-1 mixtape tour. I'm really surprised though because it would seem more of an X-box sponsored thing.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Ceros said:
Don't know about concerts, but I know Nintendo does sponsor some AND-1 tournaments. I think they are one of the sponsors for the whole AND-1 mixtape tour. I'm really surprised though because it would seem more of an X-box sponsored thing.
Is AND-1 some kind of sporting event? If so, that is pretty surprising.

Ceros

Yeah, it's street basketball.

http://www.and1.com/mixtape/tour/index.asp
It's the type of basketball that being simulated in games like NBA Street and Street Hoops.
Click the link that says "partners", and you'll see Nintendo's logo on the page. They also have a reality series on ESPN and they run Gamecube commericals during the breaks. Hopefully, from whats posted above, they can sponor more concerts.

Mason

Oh man that is a HORRIBLE line up. It's like a mini Warped Tour. The good thing is that tons of kids love those bands, so there will be an audience.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Ceros said:
Yeah, it's street basketball.

http://www.and1.com/mixtape/tour/index.asp
It's the type of basketball that being simulated in games like NBA Street and Street Hoops.
Click the link that says "partners", and you'll see Nintendo's logo on the page. They also have a reality series on ESPN and they run Gamecube commericals during the breaks. Hopefully, from whats posted above, they can sponor more concerts.

You know I like NBA Street but I cannot stand And-1...I've tried to watch it a few times and the amount of trash-talking makes me lose all interest in the actual talent being displayed in the dribbling, etc...

Ristamar

human5892 said:
I wouldn't touch that concert with a ten-foot pole, but it's nice to see Nintendo sponsoring things.

Yeah, same here. I saw MCR on Face To Face's final tour, and I was rather underwhelmed, to put it nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom