• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life 2 Steam Offers Ready Thursday

SKluck

Banned
81 fps on the first and only run. Athlon 2800,1gig ram, 9800 pro. My settings are all on high, 8x ani, 1024. I'm guessing the VST is independent of your settings though. I threw a grenade on cs_office at a bunch of desk shit (like 10 physic items) and it jerked like a mofo. Only for a 1/4 second, but still. Otherwise no problems.

If I start my own server (me being the only one on it), flashbangs never fade, just a permanent white screen. And hostages are not actionable, they float a couple inches off the floor. Everything works fine when I play with other people on their servers though. Have not hosted my own game though, I don't plan to.

Weird.

I'm probably not going to play CS Source that much though. What multiplayer time I do have goes to BFV/WW2MOD/POE.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Athlon XP 2400+
512mb ddr266
9800 Pro 128mb (running cat 4.9)

On 1280x with details on "recommended" (most on medium/high, no aa/af) I get 15-20 fps, with heavy drops.

On 1280x with every detail setting on minimum, I get 30 fps with heavy drops.

I *have* to have some sort of problem here. Seriously, though, what could be the prob? I don't have AA/AF forced on in my card's CP. I get ~5300 or so in 3dmark 2003, which I think is normal for my rig. My Hdd isn't excessively fragmented. I don't have a ton of processes running...

VPhys

CrimsonSkies said:
Piss on steam. I want my box / disc /manual.

Ditto. They are cutting their packaging and inventory costs without passing the savings on to us consumers.

In fact they have actually RAISED the prices! :eek: $50-$90!!

edit: LOL I guess this has been said already. That's what happens when you only read the first few posts before replying :D

Hooker

Intel P2 2.4 GHz (533 - Northwood)
Asus P4G8X Deluxe
1 GB PC2100 DDR-RAM (dual channel)
Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro @ XT flash. (running cat 8.07 beta, I believe those are 4.11 beta)

I'm running the 1280*960 with everything on the highest setting except for AA and AF and I get 77 FPS on the stress test, around 66 in-game. Except for when I shoot the lights in Italy, my framerate drop to like 40 when I do that, weird...

Bregor

I cancelled my pre-order at EBGames and bought the Gold steam version when I realized that is was better than the Deluxe version.

One quick question for the experienced CSS players: how can I get a FPS counter to display in game?

Hooker

You first need to activate the console (~). Start the game with the "-console" command. You can enter it by right clicking on the CS:S name, going to properties and then launch options.

In the game and console, use "net_graph 1/2/3" (I use 3, faster. And I also use "net_graphpos 2", so it goes to the middle of the screen)

There is also a command for the FPS counter in the right upper corner but I don't know that one.

We need a new CS:S thread, need some GAF people on my friends list

Nester

Hooker said:
You first need to activate the console (~). Start the game with the "-console" command. You can enter it by right clicking on the CS:S name, going to properties and then launch options.

In the game and console, use "net_graph 1/2/3" (I use 3, faster. And I also use "net_graphpos 2", so it goes to the middle of the screen)

There is also a command for the FPS counter in the right upper corner but I don't know that one.

We need a new CS:S thread, need some GAF people on my friends list

Another way to enable the console would be to just go into 'Options -> Keyboard -> Advanced' and check the "Enable Developer Console" check box.

epmode

try this:
1) Launch CS:Source
2) At the menu screen bring up the console
3) type sv_gravity 0 or replace 0 with the number of your choice
4) create a game (eg: office)
5) in game bring up the console and type sv_gravity 800 to reset your gravity
6) shoot stuff
you need to have the console enabled, of course.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I've seen this about forty times lready.

5699.jpg

Rorschach

I just played for a few hours...jebus does this game rock.

PS: already got my first "You are hax0ring!!!" in CS:S today.

Top Bottom